I'm looking for
Search results for "Audit Senior Manager"
Senior Audit Manager
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager - Financial Services Audit
Service Line: Audit
You will manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets, and supervising the KPMG audit process.
There are excellent career development opportunities within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside Directors and Partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with our clients.
Role and responsibilities:
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching Audit staff
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; manage timetables, anticipate costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters.
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Being the performance manager for other qualified accountants.
Experience and background:
- Recent and significant financial statement audit experience at Senior Manager level within a Big 4 or mid-tier firm
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP and US GAAP.
• Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• You will build a portfolio of investment management clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees.
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level (including Executive) client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our investment management department in the Regions.
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
The Senior Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent) is essential
• Significant audit experience at manager or senior manager level including practical experience in a Big 4 Accountancy firm is essential.
• Experience of working on investment management audits is essential
• Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP is ideal.
• You are required to possess well developed inter-personal, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Excellent project management techniques including decision-making ability, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Excellent business development acumen and the ability to identify and seize business development opportunities.