I'm looking for
Search results for "audit"
Service Line: KPE Audit
Audit Assistant Manager
Service Line: FS Audit
Service Line: CLR Audit
Audit Senior Manager - Insurance
Service Line: FS Audit
FS IT Audit Manager
Service Line: FS Audit
Data Analytics Assistant Manager (Audit) - Location: Flexible (UK)
Service Line: DSG
Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an Audit Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office covering Reading and the South Coast. Many of our clients have overseas operations or are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
Summary of the role purpose: We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our FS Audit team.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day high-quality delivery of audit engagements from planning through to completion.
Alongside audit delivery work, you will also supervise junior team members, and provide coaching and development to help them reach their full potential. This will include planning and reviewing their work to ensure the work quality is to a high standard.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of stakeholder relationships at audited entities and can expect to work with senior level staff.
You will work closely with the Audit Manager, Senior Manager, Director and Partner, ensuring that they are kept up to date with progress, involving them on a timely basis in all phases of the audit and when issues arise.
Description of the Role:
- Conducting the planning and execution of audit fieldwork.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realisetheir full potential.
- Reviewing the audit work performed by junior team members.
- Project managing the audit delivery, including timelines, team briefings,team supervision, delivery of audit work, and reviews by more seniorteam members, including Directors and Partners.
- Keeping Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners up to datewith progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior management from audited entities and auditcommittees.
- Building relationships with the engagement and audited entity staff.
- Being the day-to-day point of contact for the audited entity.
Technical core competencies required for the role Our Global Audit & Assurance Technical core competencies provide clarity and consistency of expectations to ensure the minimum audit technical requirements are being met by relevant grades to drive Audit Quality, which is fundamental to achieving our ambition to become the most trusted and trustworthy firm.
The relevant competencies for this role are:
• Technical knowledge: Understands relevant technical accounting and financial reporting standards, regulations and accounting literature. Exhibits and stays current on appropriate industry and specialised knowledge, and leverages KPMG methodologies (including ESG Assurance, where relevant).
• Risk assessment: Prepares for the audit execution design with a focus on risk assessment
• Controls testing: Tests and evaluates internal controls to assess impact on engagement.
• Substantive procedures: Executes substantive audit procedures, gathering evidence and forming conclusions that contribute to audit objectives.
• Evaluation of audit results: Evaluates evidence from audit procedures to determine if audit objectives were achieved.
• Documentation: Completes audit documentation demonstrating an unwavering focus on audit quality.
People & Culture
• Embrace and embed our culture ambition of high challenge, high support which is grounded in Our Values.
• Operate with a curious and sceptical mindset ensuring that this is embedded in your everyday work.
• Actively lead and embed a coaching culture to get the best out of others in an environment where everyone in the team feels empowered to speak up or challenge where appropriate.
• Be accountable, professional and act in the public inte
We are looking for experienced auditors to join our Audit Corporate, Listed and Regulatory practice.
As an Audit Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Corporates clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include: reviewing global engagement records in sentinel; analysing and categorising the records; contacting partners globally for engagement information; preparing data and drafting Independence reports; liaising with the UK Ethics and Independence team
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
Required Experience and Background:
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different levels of seniority
- The desire to work in a diverse environment, gain exposure to an international working environment and undertake new challenges
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent
- Recent, extensive external audit experience at Manager level within a 'Big 4’ or mid-tier firm
- Demonstrating practical working knowledge of IFRS is essential and US GAAP and PCAOB (SOX/ICoFR) experience is preferable
- Team management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
- The ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Previous exposure to a range of Corporates sectors such as Consumer Goods, Retail, Technology or Life Sciences is Preferable.
Audit Senior Manager – Insurance
We are looking for an IT Audit Manager with banking client experience.