I'm looking for
Search results for "audit"
Credit Risk Assurance Assistant Manager- Leeds
Service Line: Audit
ERP Analytics Assistant Manager
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
ACE - Senior Manager, DPP Accounting & Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
ESG/Sustainability Senior Assurance Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Technical model development documentation review
2) Technical model validation documentation review
3) Assessment of model performance
4) Independent replication of any of the above
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of audit entities end to end credit risk process and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Credit risk governance reviews
2) Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
3) Individual credit file reviews
4) Substantive testing of any of the above
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9, CECL and regulatory credit risk models
Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 08/07/2020
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 05/08/2020
COMPETITVE SALARY + BENEFITS + BONUS
Within Audit Technology, our ‘ERP Analytics’ capability performs a large amount of assurance and advisory work in helping clients get more value out of their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Management systems, specifically SAP, Oracle as well as GRC and/or data analytical solutions on top of the ERP.
Our projects include extracting, analysing and visualising data from our client’s ERP systems to support audit and advisory engagements covering: process control, process & control optimisation, security, and ERP related GRC services. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit, or wider advisory engagements.
Role Responsibilities and Duties:
- Audit and advice clients that operate SAP or Oracle systems including GRC.
- Help clients enhance their own ERP data analytics capability.
- Work stream lead / SME on SAP/ Oracle/ GRC control and/or data analytics engagements.
- Building and managing strong client relationships across a range of clients.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in particular in the Audit and wider Advisory areas.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. innovation, training, knowledge management.
- Responsible for the quality, value and timely delivery of a number of engagements. This will include delivery of the high demand for data and analytics for some of our largest and most complex external and internal audits, but also supporting Consulting and Tax projects.
- Product development and innovation activities, to ensure that KPMG’s ERP analytics capability remains market leading on a global scale, as well as coaching other ERP analytics specialists.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience of successfully delivering SAP/ Oracle security, control, data analytics and GRC services (including external/internal audit) to medium/ large, multi-national clients. Including, for example, experience in Oil & Gas, Retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Utilities and Life Sciences sectors.
- Proven experience in auditing and advising clients that operate SAP/ Oracle.
- Proven experience in business process and functional experience of key SAP/ Oracle Financials modules, including SAP HANA and/or Oracle Fusion
- Proven functional experience of GRC, Financials, BPC and BI.
- Proven experience of design, build and delivery of data analytics related capabilities, including data extraction and processing (i.e. ETL), designing and building of data analysis routines and designing and building of data visualisation formats
- Proven experience interpreting data analytics results, and ability to derive insightful and quantifiable business insights using data analytics outputs
- Proven experience in identifying root causes to detect exceptions and translating these to actionable recommendations
- Proven experience integrating into a suitable IT infrastructure, including architecture design and system configuration
- Proven experience of using data analysis tools in an ERP environment, e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services.
- Proven experience working for “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
- Proven experience supporting service line through innovation and knowledge management.
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
KPMG is looking for a new Senior Manager for their Technical Accounting Department. The Department of Professional Practice (DPP) Accounting & Reporting team is part of our wider Audit National group and advises our audit teams on the most difficult technical accounting and reporting issues, driving the quality of what we do as a firm. They advise on issues relating to companies that KPMG either audits or advises, across the country and across sectors, and they have a high degree of direct contact with partners and directors. Our teams provide:
- Solutions for accounting and reporting issues to our audit teams
- Online guidance on the above matters for all staff in the business
- Training for all staff in the business
- Training support for our graduate trainees
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager to join our DPP team on a full-time basis in our London office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide variety of accounting and reporting queries from KPMG audit teams across all markets and across the UK on the application of financial reporting requirements – both IFRS and UK GAAP – as well as regularly on UK company law
- Undertake reviews of the accounts of our listed clients prior to issuance
- Develop training and internal guidance for UK staff on financial reporting matters
- Maintain knowledge management in the team, including management a team responsible for key accounting standards (e.g.: IFRS 15)
- Deliver training sessions and develop publications
- Manage and mentor team members
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- ACA qualification or international equivalent
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and practical experience of IFRS and International Auditing Standards (UK & Ireland), including IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
- Recent, extensive technical accounting experience gained through working in a technical department of a “Big 4” accounting firm
- Strong ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult internally and arrive at solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to make complex matters understandable to staff in other departments.
- Solid project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality programmes, projects or assignment outputs
- Strong resilience and ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills
- Practical experience with UK GAAP and UK Company Law
- Substantial performance management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
Opening date: 03/06/2020
Closing date: 30/06/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
Summaryof role purpose
Tosupport our growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’)and non-financial information assurance business across Audit we have afantastic opportunity for a senior manager to join our team and assist inproviding large corporate companies in different sectors, including those fromthe FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics. These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG)emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains,health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investingand other non-financial information. They will be responsible for managing theseassurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. And they will also have the opportunity toprovide ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
Descriptionof the role
You will workwith directors and partners to lead sustainability/ESG assurance and reportingadvice on specific clients. You willtake responsibility for all aspects of the end to end engagement process,including: working to agree timetables, agreeing fees, overseeing the scope ofwork and deliverables, the quality of the testing and assurance fieldwork,preparing the final reporting and being responsible for coaching the team.
Leadership and Management
•Complete the second review of the documentation on the assurance file in linewith KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
•Manage engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410or equivalent.
• Review final client reporting for final review bythe director/partner.
• Coach manager and oversee work performed by the rest of theteam.
Stakeholder Interaction and Challenges
• Juggle multiple sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Oversee engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Own and strengthen client relationships.
Impact, Risk,Accountability and Governance
• Take responsibility for supporting the director/partnerin identifying and pursuing new assurance opportunities. Build your own business network, bothinternally and externally
• Identifying,researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Be responsible for engagement finances and budgeting
• Develop and improve the standardised Assurance workprogrammes
The ideal candidate will meet the followingcriteria:
• Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
• Experience (minimum 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering and managing sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410
• Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experienced in review and development of audit/Assurance working papers.
• A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree
Expertise/ technical rolerequirements
• Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
• Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
• An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Self-driven and resilient.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail .