I'm looking for
Search results for "KPMG Business Services"
Head of Business Development - KPMG Flex Legal - London
Service Line: Legal Services
Business Development Executive (Origination Executive)
Service Line: Market Development
Business Development Director - Industrial Manufacturing
Service Line: Coverage Central
Immigration - Assistant Manager - Legal Services
Service Line: People
Business Continuity & Crisis Management Manager
Service Line: QRM
KPMG Legal Services is recruiting a Senior Manager in London to support the growth of our Flex for Legal team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team which works across KPMG providing our clients with flexible resourcing solutions.
This position is central to the growth and future success of KPMG Flex for Legal. You will identify potential clients, form action plans for business development, collaborate internally with client lead partners and other client relationship managers to promote Flex for Legal through marketing campaigns, calls and meetings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role is for a business development lead to originate roles for the Flex for Legal team. Working with internal stakeholders and clients to identify the need for flexible legal resourcing solutions.
The role will include:
Identifying and approaching external General Counsels and HR to share information on Flex for Legal
Assisting clients with their short term needs for legal resource
Advising on innovative solutions to build and develop legal teams fit for the future
Coordinate with the Head of Talent for Flex for Legal to make introductions and help sell the brand
Maintaining and building client relationships through regular contact
Qualifications and Skills:
The applicant must be an experienced business development senior manager and be keen to develop and broaden his/her business development skills to include working on multi-disciplinary projects.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a strong performer and team player who is focussed on helping to ensure that the team successfully delivers projects for its clients. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues, he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate advice and exercise sound judgement.
An interest in helping to build the team’s business and relationships is essential.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further.
The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations.
Experience in some of the following sectors would be considered helpful:
Financial services (banking, insurance, investment management, payment services)
Transportation (bus, rail, automobiles, mobility as a service)
Digital infrastructure, including telecoms and data centres
Experience and Background:
The applicant will need to have knowledge and experience of contingent legal resourcing placement services and of the legal sector. He/she will be an experienced business development senior manager who has worked in a Big 4 or equivalent environment.
The applicant will have experience in advising clients in the following areas:
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the in-house legal market
Responding to our clients’ requests for legal cover on a temporary basis or to deal with a short term spike in workload
Networking with General Counsels and senior lawyers
Proven in business development within the legal market
Job Title: Business Development Executive (Origination Executive)
Role Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 09:00 - 17:00
Service Line Information:
KPMG goes to market on a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure maximum impact for all our service offerings by being client-centric and leveraging opportunities.
The Sales and Markets team provide the information, tools, support and challenge required to identify, win and retain clients, and to deploy our high performing sales team to win our most wanted opportunities.
The Origination Team was developed to support the firm’s ambitious growth targets and we are now expanding the team. The Origination Unit have a unique role in the business as they work across National Markets right through to large multinational Corporates, and the team is key driving sales activity across the firm. Based in Manchester, they operate across the UK and support all regions and capabilities within KPMG. This provides a rare insight into KPMG and our services, how we go to market as firm, and best practice for executing sales campaigns.
The Origination Executive forms a key part of our strategic plan to further increase our market share and accelerate growth in our chosen markets.
The Origination Executive’s main responsibility is to generate business meetings through lead qualification and generation. You will be responsible for speaking directly to business owners, executives and the C-Suite to effectively position the firm and generate new business activity. The Origination Unit work with fast growth pPrivately oOwned SME’s all the way through to large listed corporates.
You will report directly into the head of the team but will be required to work autonomously.
An ideal candidate should have the following:
• demonstrable B2B sales experience preferred
• self-driven and results oriented with commitment to delivering targets
• takes personal responsibility for your own work
• good communication skills (verbal and written)
• confidence when communicating with clients and senior stakeholders
• entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to hunt for new business
• Rresilience and tenacity to drive results
• Ggood organisation skills and attention to detail
Main Responsibilities will include:
• Contacting prospective businesses and targetstargets by phone to generate new business meetings
• Qualifying warm leads and converting them to face-to-face meetings
• Following up on client events such as seminars and webinars to book follow up meetings
• Generating new business meetings across the UK
• Following up with emails where required
• Creating and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities
• Identifying and spot potential opportunities to start new business conversations with prospective clients
• Liaising with key stakeholders to manage meeting arrangements and ensure a good client experiencece
• Researching targets
What we can offer:
• Excellent working environment for personal and career progression
• An opportunity to be part of a new and exciting team within one of the world’s largest professional firms
• An insight into KPMG, the ways we support clients and a rare opportunity to work with some of the firms largest clients and high growth privately-owned SME’s
Your role will be to focus on IM clients to drive opportunities, relationships and profitable revenue from service lines across the firm. You will work to develop your own network and relationships at the client, understand their issues and, from that, develop cross-service line solutions and drive incremental profitable revenue. You will work closely with the Sector Lead.
- Work on selected Corporates IM clients with the best opportunity for growth
- Spend the majority of time at client site or in meetings and calls with clients
- Identify and gather information on new client and sector issues through meetings (primarily face-to-face), and share this effectively within Sector
- Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and the client. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts.
- Personally lead development of those relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship, introducing and supporting connections for specialists to then win work
- Develop peer relationships with client senior management, and together with the Sector Lead build Board and ExCo level connection
- Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
- Act as a role model for Business Development across Corporates in terms of both external behaviours, methodical and thoughtful approach to sales, and fully leveraging the KPMG sales support
- Focus on current issues to ensure that relevant time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the client
- Identify white space at the client and individuals to target. Lead on developing and driving plans
- Boost sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation, to win work across multiple channels
- Ensure all sales activities are consistent with KPMG account plan sales process, client service meetings, client service reviews etc.
- Act as a focal point for selling new propositions, working closely with the Sector Lead to drive specific agreed topics across the Sector
- Actively seek opportunities to add more value to the client, through cross-functional solutions
- Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring opportunity management systems are kept up to date
- Provide real-time on the job coaching to Capability Partners and teams to increase win-rates and profitability, and help develop their individual sales skills and knowledge
- Bring new ideas and methods to the account and Sector, and liaise with other account team members to ensure that best practice is shared, client and regional intelligence is communicated and the team has a good understanding of what services are selling well
- Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
- Act as a focal point for communications between client and KPMG team
- Act with a Global Mindset to secure the best of KPMG is brought to bear for the benefit of the client
- Be able to drive value-adding business conversations with clients which challenge their thinking and position KPMG effectively
- Sets the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions and can match both effectively through assimilation.
- Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers
- Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- External profile through social media and events
- Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
- Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
- Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
- Be flexible in their approach and able to work under pressure
- a track record within sales either directly or through a client-facing professional role
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of professional services organisations
- Good presentation skills
- Possess strong communication skills and be confident speaking 1-on-1 to senior clients and to larger groups
You will primarily be working within the Legal Services Immigration
department, as part of the KBS Immigration team (Internal Account) within the
You will be based out of our Watford office with travel to our
other KPMG offices as required. You will be undertaking advisory and
administrative support for KPMG internal immigration cases. You will also be
required to provide guidance and advice to the RTW admin team where required.
Key responsibilities include:
· Undertaking KPMG internal immigration
cases, mainly in the following categories:
o Tier 2 (General)
o Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)
o Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
o Spousal visas
o PBS Dependant visas
· Liaising closely with KPMG employees,
HR and Global Mobility contacts during the application process
· Answering a wide variety of ad hoc
queries covering areas such as right to work, sponsor compliance and document
· Managing cases with varying
levels of complexity
· Project managing and advising the
business on group moves
· Ensuring all cases are handled with
accuracy and expedience
· Keeping up to date with changes to the
global immigration landscape
· Keeping all internal systems up to date
in real time
· Provide immigration training to a
variety of stakeholders across the business, as required
· Responsible for supervising junior the
KBS immigration team members
Whilst working with the Right to Work team you will be responsible
for ensuring the right to work and visa processes within the People Operations
team are followed, maintained and kept compliant. You will take ownership and act as the key
contact for all queries and actions necessary to support the Firm’s employee’s right
to work whilst ensuring we deliver an exceptional level of service in
accordance to tight timescales. Guidance and advice should be sought from your
· Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key
stakeholders – including business contacts, internal HR teams, external
stakeholders and associates.
· Proactively work to educate both the RTW admin team, COE’s and the
business on the visa immigration process
· Have the ability to take a logical and systematic approach to
issues, thinking outside of the box and weighing up all options available to
make an informed decision.
· Work as part of a team within neighbouring People Centre of
Excellence teams and the business to ensure a smooth and seamless service is
given to the new and existing colleagues.
· Liaise with international HR contacts to support the visa process
for transferring employees.
· Hold a good understanding of the visa process and different tiers
of right to work
· Manage high volumes of case work independently
· Ensuring system compliance using the relevant reporting and
· Prioritise workload in accordance to urgency and adhere to agreed
SLA’s and KPI’s.
· Manage high volumes of queries independently,
· Ability to draft non-standard communication,
· Ability to influence, whilst educating the business with
· Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in
with the compliance teams and escalating issues as appropriate to a HR Business
Advisor before escalation to the relevant CoE;
Right to Work Maintenance
· Quality assurance tasks including; frequent audits of RTW
documents and Compliance files
· Ensuring work is accurate first time and that all legal
requirements are met
· Incident resolution and prevention activity
Contributing to the team and People Function
· Coach new joiners on key processes and approaches, providing
guidance as appropriate;
· Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be
recognised as a team player;
· Manage workload and own diary;
· Take part in and contribute to functional and KPMG wide projects;
· Take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and
streamline the quality of right to work and visa tasks and own personal
· Take a personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
· Keeping the Firm free from risk
It is expected that you will have at least 3 years of recent and
extensive immigration experience within a large organisation or mid-tier
immigration firm and can demonstrate strong administration skills.
· Have an ability to build relationships and communicate with people
at all levels;
· High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly
pressurised client centric environment;
· Effectively work with minimal supervision;
· Possess excellent attention to detail;
· Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
· Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
· Ability to prioritise task list;
· Have a good degree of IT proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel
and SAP or equivalent HR system.
· Awareness and understanding of the Professional Services industry
· Awareness and strong understanding of Immigration law
· Experience in managing junior team members
· Strong project management techniques
Please note: For any internal London based applicants, we can offer London as a location as well as Watford..
Responsible for KPMG LLP UK (25 locations, 18,000+ staff) – developing and adapting end to end BCM planning in line with ISO22301, BS11200 and company strategy, managing a central BCM team, 180+ business based recovery plan owners and 100+ incident crisis management contacts, reporting directly to UK Executive Leadership/Board.
Our Information Protection team sits within Risk and Legal in the second line of defence. It is responsible for our UK firm’s information protection policies and procedures, our compliance and audit activities, data risk assessments, security monitoring, data loss prevention, incident response, business continuity and crisis management, and training and awareness.
Information Protection is an Exco and Board level topic and KPMG is committed to providing a secure and safe environment for the data and information we hold. Having a safe business operation and supporting our colleagues in working securely is an important part of our public trust agenda and in winning and delivering our services.
KPMG has an established and mature Information Protection programme and team that is delivering a number of high profile projects as part of a wider a Board approved strategy. There is senior sponsorship and support of the programme and a senior level governance group chaired by the Head of Quality and Risk overseeing this area.
- Lead BCM strategy to support KPMG strategy, ensure resilience of KPMG services and adhere to ISO standards.
- Lead Second line oversight risk management responsibilities within Enterprise Risk Management model for UK wide BCM Crisis, Incident and Recovery.
- Responsible for incident and crisis management framework planning to ensure all groups (HR, ITS, Cyber, Communications /Reputation, Physical Security, Workplace) with incident & crisis management responsibilities have compliant and uniform response / escalation plans.
- Management of the Executive led Crisis Management Plan and related materials - Quick Reference Cards, Role cards, Playbooks etc.
- Consultation, support an audit of incident response groups (HR, ITS, Facilities, Cyber/Data Breach, Communications) to develop compliant Incident Response Plans.
- Incident and Crisis Management response – both leading and acting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) support.
- Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment / treatment planning for UK – dependency mapping, systems reliance, people reliance, location reliance.
- Risk assessment, treatment and reporting
- Recovery strategy - consulting with wider business plan owners to develop comprehensive recovery plans for their specific groups across UK.
- Design and implementation of online and classroom training and exercising – Role/Framework Induction training for Crisis, incident and recovery role holders with related reporting for compliance; Crisis, Incident & Recovery planning (circa 30+ exercises annually) with related post exercise reporting / lessons learnt and action monitoring.
- Review / procurement of BCM applications to support BCM strategy – Emergency Notification Systems, BCP planning tools, IVR Helpline systems – and related system development, contract negotiation, tendering and procurement exercises.
- 3rd party suppliers – pre-contract criticality analysis and BCP review to risk evaluate / mitigate BCM impacts of supplier incidents, related review of supplier contracts and auditing of key 3rd parties.
- Review of BCM elements of KPMG tenders, Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), Contracts and Master Service Agreements (MSAs).
- Reporting and analysis – capability to manage / deliver analysis of BCM capability for assurance and awareness to meet expectations of external and internal auditors and clients.
- Designed and implemented a score based audit compliance template for recovery plans for objective and uniform assessment of plans.
- BCM lead for KPMG internal and external audits for ISO27001 certification, clients and governance – meeting with auditors and regulators to present related evidence.
- MBCI or equivalent
- Experience of being a senior team member in or of leading a Business Continuity team
- Experience of influencing across a complex organisation and or management structure to build commitment and consensus
- Experience of engaging with senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing a team of geographically dispersed direct reports, setting objectives, assessing performance and addressing development needs
- Experience of the external audit process
- Experience of developing an engaged high performing remote team
- Knowledge/experience of ISO22301
- Familiar with mature Risk Management approaches and frameworks
- Outcome focussed
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of inter-personal skills - has the skill to influence and secure endorsement by all stakeholders
- Project management capability to co-ordinate multiple sets of activities
- Demonstrable Leadership skills