I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Restructuring Manager, Insolvency
Service Line: Restructuring
Manager - Non Life Actuarial
Service Line: FRM
Manager - Infratech - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Data Analytics Director
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Indirect Tax Assistant Manager (Trade & Customs)
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Restructuring Manager - KProgression - London/Reading
Service Line: Restructuring
The Insolvency Restructuring team [in London] are looking for a Manager to join their team. We are looking for an individual to work alongside colleagues in the Core Insolvency team which is responsible for providing insolvency and contingency planning advice in large, complex situations often involving multi-jurisdictional advice.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder advisory work, typically linked to providing advice around distressed businesses and supporting restructuring via the use of insolvency procedures as well as undertaking formal insolvency work for typically large and complex institutions.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations, and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit an individual’s base location, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required. The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Role and Responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within Restructuring you will need to undertake the following:
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types;
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders);
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices;
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff;
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams;
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes;
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities;
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Qualifications and Skills
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or background in the Restructuring profession;
• Some corporate insolvency experience beneficial, and ideally an insolvency licence / JIEB qualification (or an intention to commence this qualification) although this is not a requirement;
• Desire to build wide insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings;
Experience and Background
• Demonstrable experience in managing own work streams, within the Restructuring and Insolvency space;
• Strong commercial and business acumen;
• Ability to work innovatively with a track record of being able to ‘self-start’ whilst also capable of effective delegation to teams of colleagues;
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with;
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel;
• A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work including development and mentoring of junior team members;
• Drive and enthusiasm.
To manage and develop external client relationships though direct business development activity and internal people/resource management. This will be achieved through:
• Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG
• Reserving for clients in the Lloyd’s / London Market, including for Lloyd’s Statements of Actuarial Opinion and Solvency II Technical Provisions
• Winning new business through marketing and sales activities
• Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
• Contributing to the development of new products and services
• Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
• Marketing and raising the profile of KPMG
• A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
• Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects.
• Statements of Actuarial opinion
• Pricing assurance projects
• Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
• Helping Companies with their capital models and advising on capital planning
• Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate is expected to be a qualified actuary.
• The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions.
• Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review, with a complete and comprehensive audit trail.
• Lloyd’s / London Market reserving or pricing experience
• Knowledge of the workings of the Lloyd’s market will be advantageous
• The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
• Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
• Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
• Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
• Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
• Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
• A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably:
• Modelling (eg Igloo, ReMetrica);
• Programming (eg VBA, .NET);
• Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
• Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets has never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset Management and Data Analytics.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
- Support the IAG Infratech Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Manage teams to deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Develop partnerships with third party providers to develop an ecosystem of solutions for client issues
Leadership & Management:
- Engagement Management of project teams (typically 2-3 people) to deliver small-medium client engagements.
- Management of quality and risk on engagements to meet KPMG standards.
- Financial management of engagements including budgeting, reporting and invoicing processes.
- Performance Management and mentoring of IAG junior employees (typically 1-2 reports).
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Client facing role for both business development and delivery, including stakeholder management and workshop facilitation.
- Liaise with technical teams on the client side to support productionising of proof of concepts.
- Change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- The role can potentially have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG.
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
- The role has financial responsibilities through Engagement Management.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology in an infrastructure or asset-intensive organisation
- Broad understanding and interest in multiple infrastructure industry sectors
- Deep knowledge of at least one industry within construction, transport, power, utilities and defence.
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within a disruptive sector, such as a technology startup
- Experience in managing consultancy or client facing assignments
- Experience working on complex change programmes
- Experience building business cases for funding
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Knowledge of asset management
- Understanding of broader Asset Management good practice (ISO 55001 and IAM/GFMAM 39 subjects)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and their use in scaling solutions
- Excellent facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders and balance time across these appropriately
Opening Date: 17/07/2020
Closing Date: 14/08/2020
Salary Range: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG are looking for multiple Data Analytics Directors to play a key role in delivering and taking to market our Data Analytics offering across multiple sectors. The successful candidates will need to leverage their external and internal networks to build the reputation of KPMG’s offering across Automation, Data Science, AI, and Data Engineering learning across multidisciplinary clients and engagements.
Reporting directly to the Partner of the team, the role involves overseeing and leading a team who identify, develop, sell and deliver data integrated centric solutions. The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant Data Analytics & Digital Transformation consulting engagements in multiple sectors.
- Build relationships and actively seek out the global networks best experts to address client needs.
- Communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage relationships across different teams, functions, countries and cultures to drive revenue growth.
- Provide credible solution -orientated responses to RFP’s, ensuring the appropriate expertise from across KPMG is represented in the most cohesive way to address client problems.
- Manage the growth of a high performing and dynamic team.
- Build strong client relationships and develop leading edge inspiring go to market propositions that provide growth opportunities for our people & clients.
- Own and develop new assets in the analytics space and develop thought leadership that resonates with the life science sector and positions KPMG as a leader in the space.
- Develop solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines.
- Develop competence in a broad range of technologies and framework for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Undertake technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and the design and build of solutions.
Required skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in a data or technology related subject
- Experienced in utilising technology to provide insightful analysis to life sciences clients in areas such as R+D and clinical trials.
- Experience leading large teams of 40+ in size developing and delivering analytics solutions.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth in a Consulting environment.
- Experience leading responses to RFP for analytics services and solutions.
- Credible and experienced at scoping, delivering and selling solutions in the fields of AI, Machine Learning and RPA
- Experience developing trusted client relationships and converting those into commercial opportunities
- Talent for collaborating with internal stakeholders on go to market and solution development
- Experience with FS, IGH, Life Sciences, and Retail clients
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK.
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
The role in question is with the Trade & Customs team.
Trade & Customs
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists located across the UK, working to support our national portfolio of clientswith a variety of Trade & Customs issues.. Within the team we have deep specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin andcustoms special procdures. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients; we offer a wide range of services including customsadvisory, Brexit planning, compliance reviews and preparation of duty reclaims.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of our team:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients;
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
- Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
- Developing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective;
- Working closely with senior managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Is driven and committed;
- Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities;
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback;
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff;
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
The National Markets Restructuring team are looking for a Manager to join their team, based in either Reading or Canary Wharf.
The Restructuring NM London & Reading team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in London and Reading provide services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
We are currently recruiting for a role in the Kprogression team where we are seeking a candidate with insolvency skills, including detailed knowledge of statutory and technical aspects of corporate insolvencies. The role will predominantly be based in the home office (Reading or Canary Wharf), however some travel is expected, either to other KPMG offices or client sites.
The role will involve working across a range of corporate insolvency appointments and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments
Roles and Responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within Restructuring’s Kprogression team you’ll undertake the following:
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of insolvency engagements
• Working with the engagement team to ensure all statutory matters are delivered in accordance with the Insolvency Rules and regulations and on time
• Proactively advise the engagement team, including engagement leaders, on technical matters arising on engagements
• Drive forward progression of cases to a timely conclusion, including inputting into case strategy and demonstrating a commercial awareness
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders)
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff
• Potential involvement in changes to how we deliver our work or new product development
• Involvement in business development activities
• Development of junior staff on assignments
• Potential work on non-insolvency appointments
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Drive and enthusiasm
• Demonstrable experience in managing own workstreams and insolvency assignments.
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’ and delegate to teams of colleagues
• Ability to coach colleagues and clearly explain technical aspects of insolvencies to others
• Ideally relevant insolvency qualifications
• Detailed corporate insolvency experience, specifically including statutory and technical aspects of engagements
• Ideally some experience working on all aspects of an insolvency in addition to statutory and technical matters
• Desire to build wide insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts and stakeholders at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel
• A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of engagement work.