I'm looking for
Search results for "Audit Centre of Excellence (ACE)"
Head of Dynamics 365 Sales - EMEA Region
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Project Manager - Audit Delivery
Service Line: Audit
Head of Risk Operations Group
Service Line: QRM
Senior Legal Advisor – International Office of General Counsel
Service Line: IHQ
Audit Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Audit Senior Manager - Insurance
Service Line: Audit
Reporting to the MBS International and EMEA Managing Director, this role builds credibility and cultivates ‘trusted-partner’ relationships with the wider KPMG International member Firm community. Responsible for driving utilisation for KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions (MBS) as the go-to place for all Microsoft near and offshore skills in EMEA and beyond. Providing trusted advisor expertise with member firms around their strategic approach to fulfilling their clients business and technology needs. Creates and progresses opportunities for MBS in the International market by leveraging a hybrid skillset of business development, pre-sales, technical excellence and delivery experience. Advocates innovation both within the firm and with clients and takes a role in developing team members to their full potential as well as promoting collaboration across teams.
You are confident in working along with others to win in client situations and deliver sustainable outcomes. Able to create deep relationships with Microsoft across EMEA and the ability to bring new opportunities to closure in partnership with Microsoft are a must.
A track record of growing and developing a business in a hyper growth situation and leading and developing a small team in the highly challenging environment that this growth creates whilst still delivering profitability expectations is fundamental.
Market Development – Leadership
- Owns the development and execution of a demand generation strategy for key markets to drive pipeline and sales to agreed KPI’s
- Responsible for the generation of pipeline and execution of sales for the International organisation, managing a team of ‘peers’
- Works with KPMG teams to create integrated propositions to meet the needs of specific industries or clients to build pipeline
- Effectively manages relationships with international member firms and commercial pursuits, to ensure successful execution and to proliferate long-term relationship development capital for MBS
Business Development – Execution
- Owns and cultivates senior stakeholder relationships within key strategically important KPMG members firms across EMEA
- Owns and manages key relationships within the KPMG partner network to drive pipeline from within the firms’ client base
- Owns and manages the relationship with key Microsoft stakeholders to develop co-selling opportunities
- Passionately promotes the Microsoft Business Solutions brand within international, to ensure that:
- MBS are the Microsoft practice with greatest mind share across KPMG globally
- Commercial proposals of international member firms include MBS resources from the Malta delivery centre
- The MBS International team’s competency, learnings, and methods are in demand across EMEA and team members are invited to influence and co-sell opportunities with local KPMG member firms to improve pipeline conversion
- Leads and augments bid teams for proposals for large scale transformation programmes (typically greater than €2m+)
- Supports the negotiation of contracts and ensures compliance with KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions policy
- Facilitates the engagement of senior EMEA Microsoft executives to provide sponsorship for opportunity qualification and advocacy of KPMG at the local country level
- Supports the development of the capability to identify, ideate, and harvest solutions and assets for key vertical markets and client needs to generate an opportunity pipeline
Sales Team/Operational Leadership
- Work with the Managing Director and leadership group to develop and execute the strategy and three-year business plan, constantly providing critical challenge and strategic mindset.
- Leads a small team including performance management, talent development and nurtures junior members of the team to cultivate highly motivated sales and delivery professionals to deliver the international growth strategy
- Fosters a culture of excellence, innovation, collaboration and knowledge sharing within the international team to develop leading-practice capabilities and cross functional understanding
- Design and implement key operational processes and ensure the team have the right cadence around internal meetings, effective ways of working and escalation and resolution of issues
- Manage operational performance – short, medium, long term – including headcount/ capacity planning
- Drive the financial performance of the International BU through preparation of robust budgets; quarterly re-forecasting; monitoring actual performance group reporting)
- Foster a performance metrics led culture with clear focus on driving accountability across the team and development and monitoring of KPIs/ metrics
- Drive commerciality within the International BU, by focussing on value add, profitability and effective management of risk
- Provide constructive challenge and input into key decisions eg qualification of opportunities and pricing
- Drives alignment with MBS Group – point person to roll out groupwide initiatives and act as the International BU voice with the MBS Group
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technology (particularly Dynamics 365, Office 365 and Azure)
- Highly experienced working in partnership with technology partnerships to develop business systems or cloud-based technology propositions to meet client needs
- Can develop a demand generation strategy for a Microsoft solution sales team and lead the team to successful execution
- Proven track record having led technology centric transformation deals with values in excess of £5m and led the development of solutions, consulting offerings and assets to drive repeatable sales
- Extensive sales experience working in large matrix organisations across multiple countries and with senior stakeholders from either large consulting organisations or system integrators to develop pipeline. Additionally having an understanding of the Partnership based operating model
- Has an extensive Microsoft network at sales level
- Is able to lead the sales interlock with delivery teams to ensure profitable growth in partnership
- Passionate about talking to clients on current technology issues and market direction and seeks collaborative ways of working with both clients and KPMG teams
- Creative problem solving ability whilst working in ambiguous situations and understands the bigger strategic picture – agile in approach
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information. Forward thinking – anticipate what might happen, actively ensuring others are pre-prepared for likely outcomes.
- Resourceful, well organised with a track record of multitasking. Flexible and resilient – this team works at a fast pace, so you will be priority focused, detail-conscious, dedicated, and able to work calmly under pressure and be adaptable
We are seeking an experienced person to work within the Project Management Centre of Excellence in the Audit Practice to provide Project Management support to audit and assurance engagements that support the delivery of effective and high quality work.
The Project Manager role is to provide high quality project management services to improve the day-to-day running of engagements being delivered by KPMG. It will be your job to establish, run and evolve the engagement teams’ core capabilities that focus around excellence in project delivery and assurance.
From a delivery excellence perspective the Project Manager, working with a PMO will be responsible for providing the tools and capabilities to support the delivery of the engagement, as well as providing project support and analysing data to support management decision making and communication.
The PM role will also provide ad-hoc quality assurance and health-checks to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with agreed objectives, and undertake various levels of reporting to ensure the various workstreams demonstrate achievement of the stated objectives.
Additionally, the Project Manager will have line management responsibility for any assigned administrative staff. This will include imparting knowledge, skills and experience to support career development/coaching of team members and support provision of best practice. In undertaking these duties, the Project Manager will support change and adoption of new ways of working.
Role and Responsibilities
The role needs to be able to respond to changing priorities and be able to respond to changes in business needs in a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Developing strong, trusting and credible working relationships with senior staff on engagements, and other key business stakeholders where applicable
• Overseeing resourcing requirements and on-boarding staff for engagements
• Working with Engagement Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate activities on the planning of audits to ensure KPMG planning requirements and deadlines are achieved
• Setting project timelines and tracking the team’s progress against those goals
• Working with Audit Managers, optimise the use of resources including KGS offshore and improve efficiency in audit delivery
• Hold Audit Managers/Senior Managers to account for the delivery of their audits
• Ensuring effective audit governance through the regular reporting of audit progress, achievement of milestones, changes to agreed delivery plan and delivery risks/issues
• Ensuring KPMG’s commercial processes are being effectively managed (WIP, Lock-up, and Additional Scope)
• Providing Project Management coaching support within the team, to build capability
• Identification and tracking of interdependencies between key pieces of work being delivered on the engagement.
• Development and delivery of required executive reporting at various levels.
• Implementation of relevant systems and tools to support the delivery of work for the engagement.
• Providing and organising quality assurance reviews and health checks to ensure work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard.
• Working with Finance to oversee management of fees and billing.
• Supporting tools used by the engagement team to manage client data and data requests.
• Line management responsibilities for administrative staff within the team including: objective setting, performance management, guidance and support, specific coaching.
• Organising initiatives to keep team engagement high throughout the project.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders involved in audit planning and delivery.
• Capable of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with members of Transformation and Managed Services team, Senior Managers, Directors, Partners, project teams and 3rd party service providers.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills to be capable of managing the PMO.
• Demonstrates credibility within the programme and project delivery environment and ability to influence others.
• Clear knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, data analysis, reporting etc., including risk management.
• Good knowledge and demonstrable use of project and programme management methodology and techniques
• Good understanding of the audit quality objectives
• Good understanding of risk based resource allocation
• Proven coaching skills
• Able to create effective business plans and business cases.
• Experience of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
• A self-starter, with high initiative, driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others.
• Fluent written and oral English communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
• Capable and innovative problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
• Experience of working in a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
• Experience of having line managed a number of project professionals would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable PMO expertise with experience of having set-up and evolved PMO capabilities are desirable as well as the ability to maintain a high quality BAU service.
• Degree level in a business related subject or equivalent
• Experience of various project and programme management approaches
• Recognised professional accreditation in Project Management
• Experience in using Microsoft Project
OEH plays a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of the business strategy, by providing an excellent, efficient, collaborative service; we are the hidden heroes and experts that enable our customers to excel every day.
We focus on executing highly effective processes which we continuously improve to ensure that KPMG operates effectively as a business. To excel in our community you will need to demonstrate a thirst for process excellence, resilience and collaboration.
The OEH consists of the following Hubs: Business Support Group (secretarial), Create (creative services), CRM (sales management), Finance Operations, People Operations, Talent Acquisition (recruitment operations), Risk Operations and Facilities operations.
The Risk Operations Group (ROG) is responsible for monitoring the firm’s and its individuals’ compliance with the firm’s professional risk management and quality control policies, procedures and guidance. The Group work in collaboration with the wider Risk & Legal community and across the KPMG network to exchange knowledge, develop and improve processes and procedures in response to emerging regulatory, business and other requirements.
The ROG consists of eighty team members, on and offshore, grouped into six teams led by dedicated managers:
- Client Assessment team (responsible for the centralised client risk assessment process and help the firm to appropriately manage risks associated with its clients (e.g. PEPs, Sanctions, Source of Funds) via Client Identification procedures.)
- Sentinel team (responsible for the processes relating to the firm’s Sentinel application, a KPMG secure online application developed to assist KPMG member firms in identifying potential conflicts of interest with proposed engagements and in complying with legal and regulatory independence requirements related to the provision of services.)
- Ethics and Independence teams (responsible for providing guidance and advice to Partners and the firm’s personnel on personal E&I matters and investments in accordance with regulatory requirements and play an important role in running related processes and procedures to ensure compliance):
o Personal Ethics and Independence,
o Partner Independence,
o Pre-Clearance team
o KPMG Independence Compliance System (used for Employees and partners to record their personal investments).
Oversight of the ROG quality and levels of service for every process and ensuring that all processes are effective and operate correctly for legal and regulatory requirements. This includes responsibility for ensuring the processes for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) are effective and responsive to regulatory requirements.
The role reports into the Head of OEH and should keep the Head of OEH informed of all key ROG activities and escalations. The role holder should pro-actively Identify opportunities to improve all processes and pre-empt the impact of regulatory changes to ensure KPMG is adhering to required standards in its Risk Operations.
Management and adherence to the ROG budget.
Ownership of the ROG risk and controls matrix (RACM), process maps and SOP’s.
Leading and driving forward ROG projects and activities (e.g. periodic and ad-hoc roll-out, chasing, reporting and monitoring of specific requirements; setting up and improving procedures and processes for the ROG; responding to compliance findings etc.)
Leading the ROG team from a people perspective as Performance Leader which includes:
- Professional development and performance management of the ROG colleagues.
- Giving guidance and responding to queries escalated by the ROG teams.
- Determining training and development needs for the ROG team.
- Organising and leading training and team activities for the ROG.
- Leading and managing key HR processes like performance development and annual pay reviews.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable extensive experience of leading Risk Operations and establishing/managing effective risk processes (e.g. process improvement, technical skills)
- Passionate about and significant involvement in driving operational improvement and innovating processes to achieve better outcomes, more efficiently.
- Considerable experience of leading and having ultimate accountability for a large and multi-locational department (both multiple locations in the UK and an offshore team) of colleagues who are relatively junior.
- A strong leadership track record including the management of teams in a virtual environment.
- Strong influencing and complex stakeholder management skills across all levels of KPMG and a dedication to excellent customer service delivery.
- Must be able to deal with sensitivities relating to risk and the political nature of the role.
- Ability to quickly understand the KPMG and KBS strategy and governance in order to operate effectively.
- Prior experience in a client-facing or Quality and Risk capacity with a professional services firm is a must.
- A motivated team leader with a "can-do" and solutions focused attitude with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong communication skills – able to question effectively, listen and apply judgement.
- Strong project management skills to enable identification of required tasks and deadlines and planning and prioritisation of these tasks in an appropriate manner.
- Client-focused approach with a passion for delivering excellence, capable of empathising with others and understanding the issues they face.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with people at all levels and build relationships.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of various Risk & Legal and related research tools and systems is an advantage.
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
- Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
- Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
- Seeks to understand others’ motivations
- Supports others to make brave decisions and adhere to KPMG values and behaviours.
This role will play an important part of the technology and intellectual property practice in IOGC, which plays a pivotal role in providing legal support for – and advising on legal risks, protections and opportunities related to – KPMG’s IP, technology and data strategy, value chain and revenue-growing initiatives.
The role will provide opportunities to advise KPMGI leaders and their teams on three key areas of the practice:
- product and innovation strategies for KPMG technology solutions;
- procurement and supplier transactions with technology and services providers; and
- strategic global initiatives with respect to technology, intellectual property and data.
The role will focus on mitigating against legal risks while supporting the organization’s growth through use of technology. We expect the role will make an impact on the organization’s goals of embedding technology in everything KPMG does, developing technology solutions that suit member firm clients’ needs, and leveraging data.
This role will report into the head of the IOGC’s technology and intellectual property practice. We expect that the successful candidate will primarily perform the following work with respect to products and innovation:
1. Legal and Regulatory Advice: Provide advice on legal and regulatory risks and requirements arising from the design, development and licensing of KPMGI technology solutions and the processing of data by such solutions. For each KPMGI-developed or KPMGI-owned technology solution, this work will require understanding the technical aspects of, and business plan for, such solutions. This work will also include advising on issues related to cross-border intellectual property and data rights, the use of open source software, whether there is freedom to operate, the benefits of copyright versus patent versus trade secret protection, and market trends related to the foregoing. This work will involve substantial influencing of, and collaborating regularly with, KPMGI professionals in audit, tax, advisory, risk management, information protection, technology development, cloud infrastructure, and procurement.
2. IP Protection & Monetization Program: Work with KPMGI business teams and technology developers to create an intellectual property protection program that: (i) identifies patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, know-how and other proprietary assets developed by them, (ii) determines the best legal methods to protect such IP assets, and (iii) implements processes for such protection. This work will also require supporting Global audit, tax and advisory functions in their establishment of an “invention committee” and collaborating with KPMGI professionals participating in such committee to determine how each IP asset will be protected and, more generally, creating standards for prioritizing disclosures and patent filing decisions. Over time, we expect that this work will expand to working with global business teams to identify companies that may be infringing on KPMGI IP and to enforce KPMGI’s rights in its IP, as well as understanding the potential for member firms to license and monetize such IP rights (separate and apart from their use in KPMG technology solutions).
3. Procurement: Provide legal support for the procurement of technology included in, commingled with, or which forms the basis of, KPMG technology solutions. This work will include advising on, drafting and negotiating various strategic intellectual property and technology agreements, with a focus on complex licenses and services agreements (including software license agreements, data rights agreements, cloud services agreements (i.e., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), software/technology development agreements, and software/technology acquisitions).
4. Global Initiatives: Support strategic global initiatives with respect to technology, intellectual property and data. We expect this work may include providing legal support and advice on global priority solutions and data aggregation initiatives related to KPMG technology solutions.
5. Training and Education: Train and educate KPMGI professionals on legal risks related to technology design and development and use of data in technology solutions.
A candidate should have the following technical skills:
Advanced technical legal skills in the areas of intellectual property and technology law, with a strong focus on providing legal and regulatory advice on developing, licensing, and protecting technology, IP and data.Strong negotiation and drafting skills across a wide variety of technology, intellectual property and data license agreements and transaction structures across various jurisdictions, as well as bespoke and complex legal, business and technical issues.Advanced communication skills to enable the translation of complex legal and regulatory issues, within the context of complex technical and business issues, into easily understandable advice.
Experience & Knowledge
A candidate must be qualified and licensed to practice law and have a degree from an accredited college or university. A candidate should have the following experience and knowledge:
- Minimum 6 years PQE of experience in the areas of intellectual property, technology and data law, with substantial experience advising on laws and regulations affecting the design, development and licensing of technology solutions and the processing of data by such solutions;
- Significant experience advising on protecting and enforcing intellectual property, technology and data rights, US and EU data privacy issues, artificial intelligence platforms, data and analytics platforms, and mobile applications;
- Significant experience negotiating a variety of technology agreements and transaction structures;
- Must possess an excellent working knowledge of cloud-based information technology businesses, services and products;
- Ability to advise on, and drive forward the implementation of, solutions to issues and matters with an international/cross-border dimension;
- Understands how to balance the needs, demands and requirements of a global business with legal risks and protections;
- Must be self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume legal department with many different stakeholders worldwide;
- Understands how to foster a collaborative and inclusive environment amongst other KPMG professionals;
- Cultural sensitivity required to engage with people at all levels and with diverse backgrounds;
- Deep knowledge and awareness of global business, legal and technology trends which may impact the KPMG brand; and
- Experience in instructing and managing external counsel on matters, as appropriate (other than the most significant matters, on which the individual in this role will work alongside a Partner t or Director level lawyer within IOGC).
Some domestic and international travel will be required (once countries open up their borders and it is safer to do so).
As an Audit Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Corporates clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include: reviewing global engagement records in sentinel; analysing and categorising the records; contacting partners globally for engagement information; preparing data and drafting Independence reports; liaising with the UK Ethics and Independence team
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
Required Experience and Background:
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different levels of seniority
- The desire to work in a diverse environment, gain exposure to an international working environment and undertake new challenges
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent
- Recent, extensive external audit experience at Manager level within a 'Big 4’ or mid-tier firm
- Team management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
- The ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Sound practical knowledge of IFRS
- Previous exposure to a range of Corporates sectors such as telecommunications, media, energy, utilities, and/or oil&gas
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created senior manager roles. Our insurance audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, KPMG will be supporting insurance companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; manage timetables, anticipate costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the insurance department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, particularly in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry