I'm looking for
Search results for "Customer Experience & Digital"
Manager - Strategic Healthcare Modelling
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Tax Assistant - GMS, Financial Services, London
Service Line: People Services
Senior Manager - GMS - Financial Services
Service Line: People Services
Manager – Finance Transformation, Local Government Advisory
Service Line: Financial Management
Audit Project Manager (24 Month FTC, Nottingham, Watford and Milton K)
Service Line: Audit
Programme Assurance Assistant Manager - Technology Risk - FS
Service Line: Connected Technology
Our healthcare practice is market-leading and covers a broad range of NHS and broader public sector issues on everything from clinical strategy, to operational excellence, to economic and financial modelling. Given our position as a leading advisor to NHS, we are frequently approached to support the most complex and high profile programmes. Joining our team will expose you to work on a range of high profile assignments helping providers, commissioners and regulators address their most challenging issues. You will benefit from working with and alongside specialists from a number of disciplines and experts from our Global Centre of Excellence.
The business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high quality candidate to support this growth. We are looking for Managers to join our teams in the London or Birmingham office who will work as part of a national team.
As a team, we work within a flat hierarchy and try to develop a supportive environment where everyone supports one another in achieving their goals. We have a focus on innovation and answers rather than just relying on a fixed methodology and this is supported by our diverse team, in terms of background and skillsets.
The role is within the IAG Healthcare Modelling team.
We provide a wide variety of quantitative modelling solutions to healthcare clients including system wide modelling for large healthcare redesign programmes, activity, capacity and finance models for complex mergers and large capital investments. This involves working with individual health providers, healthcare systems and other organisations as required.
Projects regularly involve working within a wider a multidisciplinary team across KPMG with technical, business, data science, business management, finance or IT skills. Successful candidates will therefore work collaboratively with KPMG colleagues and clients to:
Project manage the delivery of client engagements
Build strong client relationships
Manage input from internal teams and external advisers
Produce high quality modelling solutions
Lead input to be used in presentations, including business cases that comply with NHSE&I guidance for transactions or investments
Drive their personal development and seek out opportunities to access the extensive training on offer at KPMG
Support business development including network building as well as support with development of proposals, pitch presentations and thought leadership
Develop sector specific market intelligence
Introduce new ideas to the team
Ensure engagement administration, compliance and risk management standards are adhered to
Support the performance management, coaching and mentoring of junior team members
Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Specifically, with regards to modelling, successful candidates will with work with clients to support
NHS business planning and forecasting.
NHS deal modelling
Modelling the impacts of changes to models of care, capital investment restructuring, capital planning and workforce initiatives.
Data analysis and presentation
Alongside the project work there will be opportunities to develop the business, contribute to sales and take advantage of the extensive training and opportunities working at KPMG brings.
We are looking for a Manager to join our team to manage a variety of projects including model design and specification, model development and model build and model assurance. Critically we are a client facing modelling team and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working side by side with our clients across the NHS. You will have practical experience of NHS finances and data.
This role offers the candidate the opportunity to develop an extensive knowledge of Business, Financial and Cost Modelling across the health sector whilst also developing client-facing skills, project management skills and consulting skills. We believe that our work plays a crucial role in supporting the NHS to transform and deliver even better patient care. Therefore, a robust knowledge of the NHS and plans for its future and a desire to support the development of tools that will help to respond to the sector’s needs is highly advantageous.
The role requires working to deadlines, prioritising workload, project management and providing a high level of client service at all times. The level of responsibility you will be given will only be limited by your own aptitude and willingness to learn and to take on new challenges. Previous experience in a financial modelling role is a desirable. Experience of a consulting or professional services environment, and experience of managing projects and junior staff would be advantageous.
The person would be expected to demonstrate many of the following characteristics, although as a training organisation we are interested in hearing from a broad pool of applicants and helping them develop in the next stage of their career.
Ability to lead and deliver healthcare modelling client engagements
Experience of major change programmes whether in integration, transactions or infrastructure projects
Have report and business case writing experience ideally with NHS business cases or HM Treasury case;
Experience of building or reviewing financial models in a Financial Modelling role that required an understanding of financial and accounting concepts
Experience in benefits quantification, economic modelling, and financial analysis
Ability to present to senior management and executive teams within the NHS for example experience of describing complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
Advanced Excel skills and the ability to be pragmatic and innovative in problem solving
Experience in using VBA, Tableau or Power BI would be advantageous
With support of KPMG leadership, the ability to identify risk and manage commercial and client delivery risks in a high-pressure environment; and
Project Management skills including planning and prioritise work within deadlines for major change programmes.
Holds a recognised accounting qualification
Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
The ability to work and communicate as part of a team and experience of managing junior staff
The diversity or work, opportunities available, calibre of people you will work with and formal learning opportunities available will undoubtedly help accelerate your career –irrespective of whether you stay for two-years or the rest of your career.
Our ERS team brings a number of key elements under one umbrella, Reward, Employment Solutions and Employee Benefit Solutions all delivering a wide range of services. The scope is broad, covering payroll and HMRC compliance, employee reward and benefit strategy design including technology, executive strategic reward, valuation services, workforce management and advice on national minimum wage and gender pay gap.
KPMG's Global Mobility Services (GMS) practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve high-profile engagements touching every corner of the world. We are looking for remarkable candidates, ready for early assumption of responsibilities and close, regular contact with our dynamic partner group.
Role and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
- Preparation of Income Tax calculations
- Preparation of Tax Equalisation calculations
- Conduct arrival/departure briefings
- Preparation of written advice for clients
- Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on GMS developments
- Involvement in business development/proposals
- Working with large clients/mid-size clients
Experience and Background
- Previous tax experience with UK Expat tax background, including tax briefings, tax returns and advisory would be useful but not necessary as training for the right candidate will be provided
- Energetic, committed, and ambitious
- High level of personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Capacity to receive positive, constructive feedback
- Analytical; identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible, positive outlook, with a commitment to team working
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build, maintain and lead strong relationships with the clients
• Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
• Management of all associated compliance processes for international assignees
• Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on relevant tax developments
• Advising on risk issues relevant to client and assisting in mitigating these
• Preparing client advice for manager/partner review
• Project management
• Delegation of work to, and training and coaching of junior staff
• Interaction with KPMG's global People Services network
• Assisting with the day to day running of the GMS team and participating in managerial meetings
• Monitoring, recording and managing financial results on allocated clients to ensure profitability of the business
• Recognising and developing opportunities to further grow the GMS team.
• Lead business development/proposals
Qualifications and Skills
• ACA/ATT/CTA qualified or equivalent
Experience and Background
• Previous experience working in expatriate tax services
• Energetic, committed, and ambitious
• Identifies and pursues business opportunities
• High level personal responsibility and accountability for team work
• Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
• Understands how to effectively manage a busy portfolio of GMS clients and deliver sound and technically accurate
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work in a growing team where you will be supporting senior managers and Directors to drive the sales pipeline and building relationships with clients to develop further opportunities. You will work with colleagues across our capability offerings for a broad range of clients ensuring no one day is the same.
KPMG is acknowledged as a leading advisor and professional services provider to UK Local Government. Our Local Government Team is an integral part of KPMG’s Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare (IGH) Practice. Joining our industry leading practice will expose you to work on a range of high profile assignments helping local government address their most challenging issues and achieve their biggest opportunities. You will benefit from working with and alongside specialists from a number of disciplines and experts from our Global Centres of Excellence.
You will be joining a successful and growing team, who are looking to consolidate recent year on year growth and deliver a step change in the size and reach of our practice. This is an exciting opportunity for talented individuals who are looking to grow their skills and abilities within a well regarded and rapidly expanding team, offering clear progression opportunities.
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships in local government.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
This role is to join our Local Government practice as a Manager focused on managing the delivery of engagements, as well as contributing to the growth of our revenue, team, offers and market presence in the capability area of Finance Transformation (‘FT’).
In FT, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of finance functions and generate real insights to help deliver value to our clients through Corporate Services Transformation.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work in a growing team where you will be supporting Senior Managers and Directors in driving the sales pipeline and building relationships with clients to develop further opportunities.
• Engagement delivery: managing projects or work-streams of medium size and complexity (including analysing and interpreting data, drafting report findings and attending client meetings)
• Business development: developing and sustaining relationships with client management; supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/ bids for future work).
• Risk management: identifying and managing risks and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
• People development: identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Practice development: taking a leading role in processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
• Thought leadership: contributing to the design and development of thought leadership papers and the development of new methodologies
• Values: Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
Successful candidates are required to have excellent finance knowledge and demonstrate the following skills:
• Accountancy qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent – with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
• Local government accounting, local government policy, structure, standards and day to day financial management. Issues and challenges facing the Finance Function, Finance business partnering and trends in Finance
• Strong experience within a project / finance change (either from consulting experience or from working in a Finance Function, though prior consulting experience is preferable)
• High quality project delivery experience and strong knowledge related to our financial management capability offerings, especially Integrated Finance Transformation, Global Business Services/Corporate Services Transformation and Business Cases.
• Experience of working in client facing role delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
• Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
• Has strong overall business awareness, understands commercial value and risks associated with consulting work
• Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills. Visio skills desirable but not essential
The following skills would also desirable:
• Finance systems change understanding (e.g. Oracle Fusion, MS Dynamics, etc.)
• Good communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships
• Understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance function and trends in Finance
• Able to demonstrate project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality project or workstream outputs
• Experience of delivering on a project, proposal writing and presenting to clients, or equivalent
• Strong people manager, able to lead small teams and develop others.
The role can be based in anyone of our major offices in the UK (Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh/Glasgow) and candidates must have a willingness to travel domestically, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.
Location Nottingham, Watford and Milton Keynes
The Project Manager role is to provide high quality project management services to improve the day-to-day running of engagements being delivered by KPMG. It will be your job to establish, run and evolve the engagement teams’ core capabilities that focus around excellence in project delivery and assurance.
From a delivery excellence perspective the Project Manager, working with a PMO will be responsible for providing the tools and capabilities to support the delivery of the engagement, as well as providing project support and analysing data to support management decision making and communication.
The PM role will also provide ad-hoc quality assurance and health-checks to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with agreed objectives, and undertake various levels of reporting to ensure the various workstreams demonstrate achievement of the stated objectives.
Additionally, the Project Manager will have line management responsibility for any assigned administrative staff. This will include imparting knowledge, skills and experience to support career development/coaching of team members and support provision of best practice. In undertaking these duties, the Project Manager will support change and adoption of new ways of working.
The role needs to be able to respond to changing priorities and be able to respond to changes in business needs in a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Developing strong, trusting and credible working relationships with senior staff on engagements, and other key business stakeholders where applicable
• Overseeing resourcing requirements and on-boarding staff for engagements
• Working with Engagement Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate activities on the planning of audits to ensure KPMG planning requirements and deadlines are achieved
• Setting project timelines and tracking the team’s progress against those goals
• Working with Audit Managers, optimise the use of resources including KGS offshore and improve efficiency in audit delivery
• Hold Audit Managers/Senior Managers to account for the delivery of their audits
• Ensuring effective audit governance through the regular reporting of audit progress, achievement of milestones, changes to agreed delivery plan and delivery risks/issues
• Ensuring KPMG’s commercial processes are being effectively managed (WIP, Lock-up, and Additional Scope)
• Providing Project Management coaching support within the team, to build capability
• Identification and tracking of interdependencies between key pieces of work being delivered on the engagement.
• Development and delivery of required executive reporting at various levels.
• Implementation of relevant systems and tools to support the delivery of work for the engagement.
• Providing and organising quality assurance reviews and health checks to ensure work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard.
• Working with Finance to oversee management of fees and billing.
• Supporting tools used by the engagement team to manage client data and data requests.
• Line management responsibilities for administrative staff within the team including: objective setting, performance management, guidance and support, specific coaching.
• Organising initiatives to keep team engagement high throughout the project.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders involved in audit planning and delivery.
• Capable of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with members of Transformation and Managed Services team, Senior Managers, Directors, Partners, project teams and 3rd party service providers.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills to be capable of managing the PMO.
• Demonstrates credibility within the programme and project delivery environment and ability to influence others.
• Clear knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, data analysis, reporting etc., including risk management.
• Good knowledge and demonstrable use of project and programme management methodology and techniques
• Good understanding of the audit quality objectives
• Good understanding of risk based resource allocation
• Proven coaching skills
• Able to create effective business plans and business cases.
• Experience of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
• A self-starter, with high initiative, driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others.
• Fluent written and oral English communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
• Capable and innovative problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
• Experience of working in a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
• Experience of having line managed a number of project professionals would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable PMO expertise with experience of having set-up and evolved PMO capabilities are desirable as well as the ability to maintain a high quality BAU service.
• Degree level in a business related subject or equivalent
• Experience of various project and programme management approaches
• Recognised professional accreditation in Project Management
• Experience in using Microsoft Project
Within this team a key objective is to grow our capability to provide Independent Programme Assurance (IPA) services to our clients. This service delivers value by providing an independent review and challenge in relation to IT enabled Transformation and change programmes and by providing constructive challenge to client management concerning the various risks to the delivery of the full business value of programmes. This can include specific reviews of key programme areas including Business Case, Programme Governance, Programme Planning, Programme Management, Risk/Issue Management, Change and Communications and Configuration Management.
Typical activities include:
• Responsibility for quality, value add and timely delivery of the overall output from client engagements
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables
• Building and managing excellent client relationships (typically at CIO / CFO/ Project Sponsor level)
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations
• Coaching and developing team members on engagements
Frequently our clients seek our support to help them keep their large change programmes and projects on track. Our help is often termed ‘Independent Programme Assurance’, as it seeks to provide client leadership with our independent view/ assurance on what is going well and what needs adjustment in their change/ IT programmes.
This service delivers value by providing independent feedback and constructive challenge to client management concerning the various risks to the delivery of the full business value of programmes. Our engagements are very varied and can range from specific risk based review (for example Testing, Configuration Management, Business Change) to ongoing assurance on a strategic programme for a number of years. Our work may be commissioned directly by the client (usually by the Programme Executive Sponsor or Director) or through an assurance channel such as Internal or External Audit.
As an Assistant Manager within the team, in addition to delivery of client work and day to day support in management of teams, you will support the growth of IPA service line within Technology Risk through assisting with business development (sales), account management, solution development and team development, as requested.
- Delivery of excellent client engagements – specifically in attending and contributing in client meetings and interviews, document review and support in engagement logistics, client fieldwork, research, issue capture and analysis,
Sales – actively identifying and communicating business development opportunities that arise during an IPA engagement, as well as supporting sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client proposals covering IPA services.
- Sales – supporting sales and marketing initiatives to protect and grow our credentials and presence in the marketplace.
- Account management – supporting the IPA management team in managing relationships at key accounts, expanding relationships through identifying incremental revenue and client service team participation.
- Service development – ownership and management of our IPA collateral database and knowledge sharing sites. Support to organisation and running of IPA team meetings.
- Training – assist in the development and delivery of training materials for IPA Foundation and Practitioner courses. Initial attendance at both courses will be required.
- Team development - coaching and developing more junior team members on IPA methodology and tools. - Delivery of value-added technology risk consulting and assurance services to Financial Services clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience of supporting technology risk services and IT audit / assurance services, possibly in a PMO context
- Experience of big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment, within a relevant market is advantageous
- Degree/ Masters or equivalent qualification
- Project management qualification (Prince 2, MSP, PMI, PPM) would be advantageous
Experience and Background:
- Experience of working in large IT enabled change programmes, or significant workstreams in programmes e.g. design, testing and/ or delivery of assurance reviews of such programmes
- Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within relevant markets
- Experience of core systems - including transaction processing and financial ledger systems
- Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships
- Ability to deliver required work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
- Experience in business development and sales and marketing activities would be advantageous.
- Experience of contributing to developing and implementing solutions, products or services.