I'm looking for
Search results for "People Consulting"
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Assistant Manager - MPA - Quantity Surveyor
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Software Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Dynamics 365 senior F&O functional consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Manager - Deal Strategy and Value Creation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager - Restructuring - North
Service Line: Restructuring
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The Major Projects Advisory practice is a global practice within KPMG, working in USA, Australia, South Africa, India and the Middle East. The UK practice is well established with a team of circa 40 people who work mainly in the UK but also on overseas assignments. Our focus is on major capital projects for public and private sector clients in the following sectors:
· Natural resources
· Power and utilities
· Oil, gas and process engineering
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities
The MPA team in the UK are based in London, Birmingham and Manchester. This role will be based in London but may require frequent travel to client locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
The role is for an Assistant Manager level Quantity Surveyor with a good level of experience and understanding of commercial management and the project controls services for major construction projects.
The role requires a reasonable level of post-qualification experience with the following attributes:
· Have a good understanding of the issues that impact project performance
· Ability to quickly assess new situations and data to provide a basis for developing an understanding of the causative issues
· Set out a clear approach to tackling a new project issue in the most efficient manner
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Capable of articulating effective solutions to project issues base on own knowledge and experience
· Clear, concise, fact-based report writing
· Understanding of standard industry contractual forms
· Achieved or working towards RICS or similar professional qualification
· Competent in producing and assessing project commercial reports
In addition to the above, experience in some of the following areas would also be of benefit to the candidate in the environment that we work in:
· Project management
· Project Controls
· Earned value management
· Risk management
· Programme management
· Claims, disputes, dispute avoidance
· Governance and control of projects
In addition to the technical requirements of the role we also expect the right candidate to:
· Be capable of working alone or in a team
· Provide appropriate advice to clients and manage client relationships
· Maintain your requirements for continuing professional development
· Assist with business development
· Coach and mentor staff where appropriate
At Solutions & Digital we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions & Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
Our core competency is the .NET stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebApi) and cutting-edge web client technologies (ReactJS, HTML5). We pride ourselves on delivering highly modular, testable, scalable, SOLID code with continuous integration and deployment to cloud environments. We follow agile methodologies and a Git workflow.
You will be part of our product engineer team and work in multidisciplinary agile teams including product owners, QA engineers, UX designers and business analysts.
We welcome polyglot developers with experience in other stacks (Ruby, Java, Scala) who are happy to bring their experiences on board. As part of our rigorous recruitment process, we’ll thoroughly test your ability to code with peerless precision, quality and clarity.
As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You are expected have experience and develop your technical skills within the following areas:
• At least one object orientated programming language, with a willingness to work on other. Cloud development in AWS and/ or Azure, including writing for containers
• Mobile development with Xamarin or Flutter
• Front end development in React (including Node.js integration)
• Software design and architecture: tiered architecture, clean architecture
• Software security
• Content management systems (Umbraco)
• Software testing, performance optimisation and maintenance
• Relational and noSQL database design
You are not expected to be proficient in all of the above, however you should demonstrate a general understanding of the concepts and start to specialise in a couple of key areas.
As a software engineer, you will be expected to:
• Work in small to medium agile teams and lead on sub-projects
• Demonstrate evidence of excellent agile practices
• Demonstrate evidence of disciplined approach to secure code development
• Show effective self-organisation skills
• Be able to mentor junior team members and advise peers
• Actively collaborate with team members from all capabilities
Day to day job tasks
• Create or design workable prototypes
• Create specification and design of system components to meet defined requirements
• Implement user requirements and software designs for a system component
• Maintain and support services
• Identify, explore and implement improvements to services or system components
• Integrate and test components, systems and their interfaces
• Ensure the quality of your implemented solutions (e.g. by testing, code reviews, automated scans)
• Help your technical lead manage deployment pipelines, or implement and manage the deployment pipeline for your system component
• Document your solutions
— Involvement in full end-to-end implementationsand all phases of project life cycle
— Involvement with D365FO interfaces and Integrations
— Ability to gather and document functionalrequirements and complete gap/fit analysis
— Demonstrate Awareness of scope (creep) and useof change control
— Leading the solution on a work stream, makingdesign decisions and creating solution documentation
— Delivery of end-user training to clients andcolleagues
— Provide on-site support and assistancethroughout delivery and go-live phases of project
— Occasional involvement in responding to RFPs andRFQs would be beneficial
— Identify practice development activities andhelp in defining how these will be delivered
— Carry out additional duties as may occur fromtime to time as instructed and agreed by Directors
— Ensure timely completion of internal processesand mandatory training
— Represent KPMG Microsoft Business Solution in aprofessional and positive manner at all times
— Have awareness of product roadmap and thecontent of future releases of D365FO
— Demonstrate awareness around upselling andcompany capabilities
Qualifications and Skills
— Experience in consulting and very goodpresentation skills
— Ability to lead meetings and workshop, and topresent to the C-Suite
— Minimum of 4 years Microsoft Dynamics 365 forFinance & Operations (D365FO) or AX2012 implementation experience including the followingmodules and areas:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Cash and BankManagement
- ProjectManagement and Accounting
- Fixed Assets
— Financial Consolidation and eliminationexperience
— Experience with electronic banking file needs
— Knowledge of Financial workflow or journalapproval
— Multi-legal entries experience
— Multi-currency experience
— Experience with (D365FO) interfaces andIntegrations
— Good understanding of Accounting processes,principles, functionality & systems
— Microsoft Dynamics certification in Finance
— Solid Finance background (ACA/ACCA/CIMA partqualified; qualified is desirable butnot essential)
— Beneficial to have experience of LCS and VSTS
— Good MS Office skills (primarily Word, Excel,and PowerPoint; Visio is a plus)
— Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) aplus
— Exudes confidence
— Works independently as well as in a teamenvironment
— Ability to manage others and lead more juniorconsultants for a successful outcome
— Acts with professional demeanour
— Manages time and multiple tasks accordingly
— Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure
— Solves complex problems with creative solutions
— Places emphasis on client satisfaction
— Desires to constantly assess and incorporate newtechnologies and software into own skillset
— Promotes the Values of our company
— Confidence to reach out to more seniorconsultant for guidance
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £400m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
Deal Advisory has an exciting opportunity to join the Deal Strategy and Value Creation team who are developing a new Integrated Value Delivery (IVD) proposition. This will provide our clients with a holistic, integrated portfolio of implementable value creation opportunities in deal situations, underpinned by advanced data science and industry insights, delivered in a deal-speed timeframe. This team is a cross functional (commercial, operational and digital), agile capability group that will help KPMG generate revenue from broader deal value creation opportunities
We are looking for an experienced deal strategy and value creation practitioner, with a spike in either commercial, operations or digital value creation to play a key role in building out the IVD proposition and delivering high-quality engagements for our Corporate and Private Equity clients.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Play a key role in delivering IVD engagements, leading multiple workstreams, from inception to completion, which will involve:
o Hypothesis generation, data request lists, client management, team management, delivery of high-quality output.
o Able to coach junior team on all elements of delivery including storyboarding, deep analytics approaches, and specific expertise in one of the core legs of commercial, operational or digital
o Sustain a reputation for delivery excellence in the marketplace and help grow/ build our brand
- Assist with internal capability build out, which includes; proposition development, recruitment, training, go-to-market strategy development, internal stakeholder management
- Assist with business development activities through development of proposals, pitches and point of view documents, and work with team leadership to win mandates across Corporate and Private Equity clients
- Ability & willingness to travel when necessary
- Possess knowledge of Commercial and Operational Due Diligence and value creation methods, tools etc. and the ability to rapidly identify value creation opportunities for businesses in their market place, thinking innovatively to think beyond traditional ‘CDD and ODD’, and being able to perform analysis to support the hypotheses
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle (pre-deal, deal and post-deal) and the role KPMG can play within it, with proven understanding of project delivery, value identification and deal execution
- Technical and analytical skills with the proven ability to identify areas of potential value across the deal cycle, and develop an approach to assess each area
- Strong slide writing skills that provide impact, present ideas clearly in a convincing manner
- An ability to multi-task effectively and balance time
- Proven management skills, with an ability to coach junior team members to ‘think differently’ and produce high-quality output
Experience and background
- Proven experience in delivering high-quality value creation engagements in either private equity or corporates
- Commercial, Operational Due Diligence and/ or value creation engagements, working with both Private Equity and Corporations, is essential (ideally 5+ years of client-facing experience). Note, FDD experience will be less relevant for this role
- Experience in top-tier or 2nd tier strategy consulting practice would be beneficial
- Proven ability to manage teams of deal strategy and value creation practitioners that are able to successfully manage and complete multiple projects at once
- Development of high-impact proposals or point-of-view packs as part of the business development process
- Proven ability to work with other teams within a business to identify the most suitable combination of skills to deliver high-impact for clients
KPMG North Restructuring team are looking for a Manager to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types, with a particular focus on corporate insolvency engagements.
• On certain smaller assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key skills and competencies required:
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’
• Corporate insolvency experience essential
• Ideally some stakeholder advisory experience
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.