I'm looking for
Search results for "People Services"
Associate Director - Restructuring – Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
GI Actuarial Assistant Manager- London/Manchester
Service Line: FRM
Finance Transformation Consulting (Finance, Data & Systems) - Senior M
Service Line: Financial Management
Manager - Restructuring - Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Lead UX Designer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior QA Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
KPMG’s Special Situations Group is made up of approximately 85 people, led by a team of seven partners, who are looking to enhance the delivery capability in order to support the next phase of growth.
The team delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors and situations depending on client demand.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit an Associate Director to join the team to support the future growth plans to support the broad turnaround, transformation and liquidity offerings.
The vacancy will be based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand.
• Responsibility for delivery of client projects, taking the role as day to day contact on engagements.
• Able to build and maintain strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders.
• Manage teams of colleagues delivering engagements, ensuring effective delegation and multi-work stream delivery.
• Deliver engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances.
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input.
• Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals, client sales presentations and participation in client pitch presentations.
• Coach and develop team members (and client staff) and provide high quality developmental feedback.
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s) including leading or playing a key role in a sector campaigns as many SMs do, including attendance of pitches
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for stakeholders.
• Significant involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work including participation in pitch presentations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels including Board Members and other Senior Executives.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’.
• Ability to motivate a team to deliver outstanding work.
• Desire to build wide advisory skill set and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Ability to leverage personal and firm wide networks to support lead generation.
Background & Experience
• Drive and enthusiasm.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• Demonstrable experience in leading multi-work stream advisory projects (successful candidates will need to demonstrate some experience in each of the turnaround, transformation and liquidity disciplines).
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including PE firms, Lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders ie. CST partners and sector leads.
• Experience of being involved in at least one sector campaign.
We are seeking additional Assistant Managers to continue to support the length and breadth of actuarial based services, in the areas listed above and beyond
The ideal candidate will be able to assist the engagement team on any of our core propositions, namely: reserving; capital; and pricing projects.
•Calculation of reserves, using different assumptions, by applying a variety of actuarial techniques:
• Ability to review reporting outputs.
• Ability to use existing knowledge of reporting and apply to the UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FCA Returns
• Assist in completing due diligence in advance of transactions
•Ability to perform basic actuarial calculations such as loss ratios and IBNR
•Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
•Providing technical input to a number of projects
•Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
•Drafting reports and presentations.
•Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input
•The successful candidate may be required to manage small teams.
•As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
•Maintain a strong record of progress in the actuarial examinations.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
•Nearly qualified Actuary, with significant practical actuarial experience
•Significant experience of working in a non-life consultancy along with Audit, Validation and stress testing experience would be helpful.
•Experience in reserving a key requirement as well as experience in pricing and capital
•Experience of preparing benchmarks
•Experience of working in a financial services firm
•Experience of working in an emerging market
•Have a strong network base across UK and emerging markets.
•Strong Excel skills.
•Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
•Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
•proficient in SAS
•Knowledge of Solvency II pillars, particularly the quantitative requirements Lloyd’s market experience;
•Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
•A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
•Flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
In Financial Transformation, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business. Our mission statement is to create a sustainable practice which is recognized as being number one in the industry.
Our Financial Transformation practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, focusing on understanding the core issues and opportunities, in order to deliver value-adding change across their Finance & Risk functions. The key drivers of change for our Banking and Insurance clients are regulatory reform, cost reduction and Finance optimisation and our service offerings reflect this demand.
As a result of our strategy and strong pipeline of exciting projects, we are looking to grow our Finance Data & Systems capability. We are looking for a candidate that brings a combination of technology skills, business acumen and possesses the ambition and potential to become future leaders of our Banking Finance Transformation consulting business. This is an exciting time to be part of growing business.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Independently lead large scale Banking Finance Transformation workstreams focusing on Solution and Architecture design with accountability for the engagement delivery and client outcomes
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate, through delivery, the benefits of KPMG’s Finance Systems Transformation approach and ensure benefits are realised for our clients
- Ability to manage cross functional global engagement teams both internally within KPMG and external client teams
- Building rapport and maintaining external vendor relationships to support delivery of each engagement. Acts as a conduit between vendors and client teams and translate system ‘jargon’ into business terminology
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Facilitate collaborative and fulfilling working environments for the client and KPMG staff on engagementsBusiness Development
- The candidate will need to build and leverage both internal and external relationships to support Partners and Directors in driving business development and sales activities
- Will lead and/or support the development of related response for proposals (RFPs) and sales pitches to potential clients
- Develop innovative Go-to-Market propositions based on client issues
- Build credibility and relationships in the Market including with prospective clients and with technology vendors
- Seek to cross-sell and bring opportunities to other part of the firm where appropriate
- Leading the development of processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
- Lead, and form teams to support, the development of initiatives that grow and promote the practice internally and externally
- Manage the FS Finance, Data & Systems practice and programme initiatives
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record or leading delivery teams as well as developing teams within a consulting practice.
- Act as formal performance manager for junior members of the team and actively participate in our bi-annual appraisal process
- Support the development of junior team members through formal training as well as informal coaching & mentoring capacities
Successful candidates should have Banking Industry experience, and in-depth knowledge of their Finance function (including interactions with the Risk Function) and be able to demonstrate the following:
Core / Necessary skills & experience
- Understanding of key technology trends in Banking including migration to Cloud, SaaS, Automation, Big Data etc
- Experience of delivering key Finance technologies including (but not limited to) Oracle, SAP, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Anaplan and OneStream
- Strong understanding of the end to end finance systems architecture, how each of the components are linked and technologies which are available in the market
- Ability to design strategic finance systems architecture to meet client requirements and build the transition states/roadmaps required to reach the target state
- Good knowledge of the key technologies and systems involved in Banking finance including data platforms/warehouses, consolidation tools, reporting/analysis tools, ERP systems (including ledgers) and reference data stores
- Strong understanding of the business model for Banks, including products, processes and operating models
- Understanding of key industry challenges across Banking, being able to translate these into strategic solutions
- Knowledge of Banking Finance including leading practise reporting processes, controls and risks.
- Awareness and understanding of Banking reporting standards and requirements
- Strong people manager, able to lead large teams and develop others
- Self-starting, pro-active team player that is experienced in working in challenging environments and within a multi-disciplined Global team
- Ability to create and deliver engaging presentations and output reviews to senior executives/stakeholders and business managers.
- Ability to review and challenge information that has been provided by other team members, ensuring the information is ‘fit for purpose’ and at the right level of granularity
- Flexibility to travel
Additional skills and experience (preferred)
Accountancy qualification with strong post qualification experience (or equivalent experience)
We are looking at candidates who can demonstrate the following relevant experience:
• 5 years+ Insurance Finance Transformation consulting and technology implementation experience
• IFRS 17 data & systems implementation and test delivery experience
• Experience in managing diverse teams, working remotely across international locations
• Experience in designing and building IFRS 17 data and systems technology solutions
• Experience in overseeing the software development cycle of technology assets such as agile development, unit testing and release management
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by eight partners and 12 directors. We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors, there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit Managers to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders on engagements (including divisional and functional management at corporates, lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders/investors).
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong analysis (including financial modelling and scenario analysis) and report writing skills.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• An existing professional network of client relationships across corporates, lenders, private equity and/or other stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in managing client work, ideally with a focus based on stakeholder advisory, turnaround, transformation or IBR assignments.
• Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work of junior team members and build report with key client stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
• Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
The beautyof our approach is that it can be applied to any industry or market; wediscover, we strategise, we hypothesise, we validate, we ideate, we iterate, wedeliver and, at every step, we put people and their needs at the heart of ourdecisions. We challenge our clients to embrace change as we do, constantlypushing the boundaries of what is possible. Whether creating new products orhelping a business become more relevant to its customers, our people arecreators who design and build with passion and enthusiasm, on deep foundationsof research, agility, collaboration and technical capability.
·You are inquisitive, thrive onchallenges and enjoy leading others to success
·You are creative with a good dose ofcognitive empathy
·You are incredible at designingservices, products and propositions
·You are comfortable working withclient-teams, domain experts, stakeholders and development teams to buildclarity, influence strategies, and drive solutions from concept to completion
·You have strong business acumen andcan present to clients with credibility, clarity, and confidence
·You are adaptive and can remain calmunder pressure
·You enjoy working across a broadrange of products, domains, sectors and industries
·You can articulate design and technology withoutbuzzwords
·Lead design work streams (managing peopleand quality of deliverables)
·Project planning, reporting,estimation, and resourcing
·Ideate and create (or oversee) UXdeliverables such as personas, journey maps, IA and wireframes
·Create rich high fidelitycompositions incorporating user-experience methodologies
·Create and manage deliverabledocumentation such as style-guides and visual implementation guides
·Mentor peers and junior designers forskills advancement and design process education
·Communicate strategies, design andprocesses with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
·Build and maintain collaborativerelationships with clients, peers, and stakeholders
·Define and maintain ownership ofprocess enhancements and toolkits
·Support business developmentinitiatives
·Adhere to (and promote) accessibilitystandards and inclusive design principles
·Adhere to Information Securityrelated processes, procedures and role-based responsibilities
Desired skills and experience:
·Significant design-related experience(various industries and B2B experience is a bonus)
·Demonstrable experience of solvingcomplex problems using various design methodologies
·Expertise in a wide range of researchtechniques and execution of related deliverables
·Mastered at least one of these skillsbut you’re not defined by it: IA, Design Strategy, Interaction Design, VisualDesign, Design Implementation and Usability
·Ability to design and lead workshops withall levels of participants (users to C-levels and execs)
·Strong verbal and writtencommunication skills with the ability to articulate, sell, defend, and receivefeedback on work in a professional environment
·Exceptional consulting skills thatinclude leading design-related conversations, surfacing project requirements,building and nurturing good relationship, and fostering environments for open,productive collaboration
·Strong leadership skills, coachingExperience Designers, Business Analysts, and Development teams on the executionof design related activities
·Expert at executing HCD deliverables,inc. research and design strategies, IA diagrams, personas, journey maps, wireframesand high fidelity compositions
·Skilled in common design tools; Sketch,Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator), Figma etc.
·Experience with at least one rapidprototyping tool such as Axure, Invision, Marvel etc.
·Active awareness and interest incurrent technology and design trends
·Strong self-motivation and teamworkskills, with the ability to build momentum and pivot in difficult situations
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions & Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
About the Role
You will be embedded in the Product Engineering team and work in multidisciplinary product squads, to carry out comprehensive quality assurance testing for our products.
We welcome QA engineers from all technical backgrounds who are happy to bring their experiences on board. You will have to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and being able to come up with creative solutions. You should be passionate for technology and eager to learn. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You will be expected to take an automation-first approach to the QA process and make use of some of the latest automation tools and frameworks to build pipelines which support continuous testing.
Typical skills and duties:
- Design test cases based on requirements and produce automated test scripts
- Generate test data based on requirements
- Execute mobile automation test scripts
- Create automated end-to-end tests from scratch using Cypress.io
- Write automated tests in Postman & Newman
- Manage your time and work with our modern stack, including: Jira, Bitbucket, Teamcity, Octopus.
- Be an active and influential presence in the team and participate in stand-ups and other Agile ceremonies
- Use Chrome Dev Tools and Google Lighthouse to assist developers with debugging
- Contribute to accessibility test strategy and apply tooling to uncover defects
- Contribute to improving delivery by carrying out evidence-based test analysis and design
- Carry out extensive hands-on and automated testing and being responsible for deployments.
- Be a champion of quality through the entire development lifecycle.What we are looking for
Ideally, you will have extensive experience within web and mobile quality assurance testing and are able to demonstrate this. Experience of Cypress or comparable automation tool is desirable, with knowledge of continuous delivery being highly preferred.
You will be working in a fast-paced and agile environment. It is therefore, important that you can prioritize ever changing demands and work with defect management tools and be involved in Agile ceremonies.
Candidates possessing the following skills will be of particular interest:
- Working knowledge of AWS/Azure
- Previous experience of writing test scripts in Postman
- Previous experience of working in a serverless environment
- Use of source control tool Bitbucket
- Use of Octopus for deployment
- Experience of automation tests in TeamCity
- Any previous load or security testing experience is advantageous, e.g. Junit, Loader.io, Flood
Location: London / Leeds / Manchester