I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy"
Data Analyst – Data Strategy, Data Governance and Data Management
Service Line: MC Technology
ServiceNow Platform Owner
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior Manager - IGH Customer - UK Wide
Service Line: Customer
Associate Director - Mobility - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
BPO Supplier and Contract Manager
Service Line: Facilities
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
At KPMG our Data Team focuses on enabling our Financial Services clients to optimise the use of their data to deliver on their business strategy.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team. Our team covers a broad range of data Capabilities including Data Visualisation, Data Management, Data Migration, Data Architecture, Data Integration and Data Modelling.
You will work across all our capabilities, and as you progress in your career you will specialise in Data Management, Data Governance and Data Strategies, and become an SME in these areas. We are looking for a proactive individual who is passionate about data, working with clients, has a thirst to learn and is excited to support us in growing our team.
Our Data team is growing at a fast pace and as this continues, we want to ensure we are fostering an enjoyable and supportive place to work. Therefore, we are seeking people with high energy who can:
cover a vast range of data work in the team. For example:
- Build lasting client relationships with client stakeholders, actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs.
- Build constructive working relationships within KPMG and the industry across different teams, functions and countries at all levels.
- Work with subject matter experts and project teams to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data requirements.
- Support the growth of the practice through internal initiatives and support winning new business through developing bid responses.
- Inspire change and make an impact within the team and in a client organisation.
- Coach and develop junior colleagues.
- Prior consulting experience is desirable, but not essentialFrom a technology point of view, we are looking for people who possess the following data skills:
- Capturing data requirements for large scale transformation programmes, through working with a broad range of stakeholders, running workshops etc.
- Data Analysis experience such as data mapping between various source systems and target systems and defining the data transformation rules.
- Data Management / Governance experience such as defining data quality rules, writing data dictionaries, understanding recent regulations and their impact on data.
- Experience with Alteryx, Collibra, Informatica etc.
- Business process management technologies such as Appian.
- Demonstrable experience in interpreting and documenting data flows, including key controls that exist within data flows
- Demonstrable experience defining and executing data quality rules using tooling and dashboarding
- Demonstrable experience defining data, including data taxonomy
Since it will be a consulting role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- In-depth current sector experience in either Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance with knowledge of key business drivers and key regulations in the industry (e.g. GDPR, BCBS 239, IFRS, AML, MiFID II, and Solvency II).
- Work with stakeholders to assess scope, develop business cases for data change and deliver benefits by leveraging industry insights.
- Support in developing the strategy, scoping, planning, implementation and execution of a data solution where you are expected to operate with minimum supervision.
- Build constructive working relationships within KPMG and the industry across different teams, functions and countries at all levels.
- Maintain an up-to-date view of industry trends and tools to enhance the delivery of data migration projects.
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We're at our best when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'The Academy'. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'The Academy', you'll have access to communities which will develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we're making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy.
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy.
You are a leader with overall accountability of the ServiceNow platform. You are responsible and empowered with the authority to make decisions that impact the platform and does so in alignment to the business strategy and governance. You support the platform operations team as an executive champion.
• You will lead the team in alignment to business strategy, roadmap and platform governance
• You develop and articulate your vision and business value of building, supporting and developing the platform
• You have overall ownership and oversight of ServiceNow instances along with application escalations
• You actively contribute to program governance team
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Enterprise and/or IT Service Management
• IT Financial Management
• Executive Management
• ServiceNow Platform Knowledge
• ITIL v3 Knowledge/Certification
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
- As a Senior Manager within Customer, The candidate will be responsible for designing and delivering customer transformation projects across the healthcare sector
- The candidate will not only have a track record of implementing successful client solutions but also be able to demonstrate experience of leveraging internal and external networks to develop business leads and sales opportunities for the firm.
- The market for enabling technology is intrinsically linked to the customer agenda and therefore, the role requires an appreciation and understanding of wider capabilities across Strategy, Insight and Technology deployment
- Furthermore the candidate will be required to develop client relationships to enhance the reputation of KPMG as an advisor of choice and identify further client opportunities in Customer, aligning to Technology Enablement, People Advisory Services and Digital.The Person
- End to end customer centric transformation – in particular taking customer strategy, service design, customer & employee insight and capability building into account when building and implementing change
- The application of customer maturity assessments – and how to build on the outputs into strategy or experience design
- Detailed understanding and experience of customer strategy – the who, why, what and how
- Understanding and application of operating model design and deployment
- Experience of taking recommendations and turning into a detailed implementation plan
- Experience of turning a plan into reality
- General management consulting skills, including project / programme management, strategy development, business analysis, technical delivery and problem solvingKnowledge
- A background in customer strategy and service design and operating model design and implementation work is preferable
- Experience of shaping and leading projects relating to digital, customer experience or CRM enabled transformation
- Front office service delivery – direct channel, face to face
- Good knowledge of core elements of customer-centricity and customer culture
- Sector experience in government and healthcare workPerson profile
- Ability to demonstrate examples against each of the KPMG values – integrity, excellence, courage, together, for better
- Good people leadership, team building and coaching skills
- Strong internal and external relationship management
- Highly organised self-starter able to work to deadlines and manage multiple priorities with attention to detail/ completer finisher
- Proven track record in your field with strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrating resilience and adaptability in order to remain client focused and meet the needs of the team
- Effectiveness in tackling complex assignments, balancing competing priorities and managing multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable leading or playing a key role in business development initiatives including bid, proposal and contract/commercial negotiation
KPMG's Infrastructure and Government (I&G) strategy team wants the right candidate for their London-based team. The team needs professional, talented individuals who have a passion for identifying, creating and delivering innovative solutions for public and private sector clients.
The I&G Strategic Advisory Services (SAS) team works with government and industry on the biggest, most complex and pressing strategic, policy and programme implementation issues.
We are looking for someone with experience in the Future Mobility sector to focus on this growing area of our work. We define Future Mobility as the de-carbonisation, digitalisation, and personalisation of transport through electric and alternate drivetrains, connected and autonomous vehicles, and Mobility-as-a-Service. The resultant ‘perfect storm’ is impacting automotive, supply chain, energy, technology, infrastructure, funds, transport operators, regional authorities and Government. Things are changing faster than expected driven by rapid developments in technology, regulation, competition and consumer behaviour. Over the next 5 to 12 years the organisations that we work with will require significant advisory support: multi £m transformations,multi £m deals, customer and industry 4.0 advice, strategic roadmap development and portfolio delivery. KPMG is establishing itself at the forefront of this change, creating new relationships and unlocking significant benefits for transport systems and society. Depending on the flow of work within the team you may also be required to work in other I&G sectors.
As part of a fast paced and dynamic group, practitioners will have the opportunity to advise on strategic options, business cases and operating models to public sector, agency and corporate clients.
Typically the advice we provide can be categorised as:
– Regulatory and Policy Strategy & Design (including Trend analysis and “Futures” scenario development, Futures Impact Assessments, and Policy development)
– Business & Digital Strategy and Service Design (including. Corporate & Business strategy development, Market analysis, Product capability assessment and development roadmaps)
– Portfolio Investment Strategy & Management (including Project appraisal, Business case development (all levels inc. Green Book), Funding strategies (commercialisation / partnerships (inc. PPP’s))
– Commercial Strategy and Complex Delivery Vehicle Design (including Market development & evaluation, Commercial strategies and scheme design (inc. SPVs), Commercial scheme development (inc. complex bi- and multi-lateral negotiations))
– Innovation Strategy & Delivery (including. Innovation Strategy development
– Proof of Concept, Pilot & MVP development, Scaling strategy and implementation planning); and,
– Operating Model development and Delivery roadmap design
It is an exciting time to join our team as we are growing rapidly and working on some fascinating public issues – including: the rise of autonomous vehicles, growing regional trade, and the future of the probation service. The team blends this with support to the largest infrastructure operators and infrastructure programmes in the UK.
To be an effective Associate Director within the team, applicants will be expected to:
– Lead the design of standard / complex engagements
– Present and refine business models and data analysis solutions through discussions with management
– Lead complex storyboarding and shape the issue identification and overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
– Finalise the preparation of client deliverables and identify the critical areas for debate
– Maintain a balanced pipeline of engagements and business development opportunities which align with the team business plan
– Actively develop their own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sector of choice
– Proactively develop thought leadership related to the future of mobility
– Identify on-sell / cross-sell opportunities
– Be comfortable handling ambiguity and changing client demands
– Complete and take responsibility for KPMG’s ‘Engagement Management’ procedures on all engagements
– Build and maintain a strong internal and external network
– Demonstrate high levels of drive, ambition, and able to lead work at high levels of intensity
– Be comfortable having a visible market presence, attending conferences to represent KPMG, network, identify leads, and further KPMG’s reputation in the industry
– Contribute to service line development for Future Mobility Services delivered by SAS
– Participate in team governance activities
– Contribute to the personal development of team members
Most project work is undertaken in engagement specific, multidisciplinary teams drawn from across KPMG. As such, appreciating and managing management responsibilities and reporting lines, which change over time, is critical.
An Associate Director would be expected to:
– Have responsibility for managing a number of (potentially concurrent) engagement specific teams (of varying size)
– Be an active participant in the SAS team, and identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
– Inspire, motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive upwards feedback
An Associate Director would be expected to:
– Build deep client relationships and be seen as the ‘go to’ person and a trusted adviser by C-level executives.
– Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
– Proactively manage upwards communication with the Partner and Director group
– Take on roles, projects and practice development opportunities for the SAS team or the wider Infrastructure Advisory Group
— Considerable experience of leading complex strategy projects, in relevant sectors, with multi-disciplinary teams in a consulting or corporate environment (a strategy house, big 4 firm or central strategy / corporate development team of a large company)
— Track record of working closely with Government/Infrastructure clients to deliver high impact recommendations and having a detailed understanding of the value drivers within the relevant sectors
— Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior public and private sector stakeholders
— Examples illustrating their collaborative and transparent team approach, readily sharing knowledge with the team, working through silos and respectful of others’ views and opinions
— Current UK security clearance to SC or above
Expertise and Skills
— Excellent English written and oral communication skills
— Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
— Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
— Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
— Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
— Able to adapt quickly in changing circumstances, be an active learner and build innovative solutions
— Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line: OEH – KBS
Reporting to: Head of Strategy and Projects - OEH
Location: Watford (with intermittent travel to other UK offices including Canary Wharf)
OEH plays a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of the business strategy, and as a representative of OEH this role plays a key part in delivering that strategy. To enable this, we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve exceptional things for our clients and customers. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”.
Context of role
This role plays a pivotal role in the delivery of the OEH strategy and deliverables. You will be responsible and empowered to manage the relationships with all our BPO outsource providers of OEH services. You will drive a customer centric and continuous improvement culture across the operation, helping to develop and achieve our overall managed service strategy within KPMG Business Services.
You will manage 3rd party BPO providers, ensuring the service provision is delivered in line with our agreed contracts and the best way to support our overall vision of creating an excellent experience for our colleagues, whilst operating within a controlled and governed framework. You will develop and have overall responsibility to manage the service delivery and ensuring agreed SLAs are met and achieved within the OEH budget. Your focus on continuous improvement of service delivery will be gained through building, influencing and maintaining effective relationships with key internal and external customers, including leaders across OEH, KBS and beyond.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure timely and a high level of service is continually provided from the shared service operation and our 3rd party BPO providers (approximately 220 personnel). Driving capability across the operation with a robust and sustainable development programme in place for all colleagues and management roles.
- Respond to customer feedback, dealing with escalations and take a strategic approach to ensure that root causes are established to prevent recurrence.
- Build and develop close working relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership teams both in the providers, OEH, KBS and beyond to support a quality service culture. Pro-active management of all stakeholders, especially the expectations of leaders and management within the organisation (including senior management and partners).
- Maintain and manage vendor budgets (total contract value c.£3.5m) against commercial terms and the service centre budget against the plan.
- Manage and review the performance of the 3rd parties based on agreed contractual SLAs and performance measures. Utilising the SRM Governance model to ensure continuous improvement, innovation and best in class benchmarking consistently delivers improvements to the quality and value of service delivery. Drive cultural awareness within the Vendor’s organisation, to better align values, core behaviours and service deliverables.
- Manage current reporting suite to all internal & external Stakeholders ensuring fit for purpose and providing the required information.
- Work closely with the Service Management team ensuring consistency in reporting and SLA’s.
- Oversight of the number of Improvement Initiatives that have been implemented and work with Service Provider to implement transformation initiatives.
- Oversight of the BPO Supplier to hold them to account on efficiency & productivity improvements.
- Provide BPO Supplier with cross OEH Comms and a view of KPMG.
- Continually seek opportunities to outsource OEH services.
- Manage Rewards & Recognition across Suppliers and continually analyse attrition.
- Manage, coordinate and adapt the BCP planning for BPO providers
- Work with IT to understand ongoing cross functional technology issues, improvements and resolutions.
- Work with the OEH function leads/Service Delivery Managers to review the operational contract needs:
- Change requests to SOWs and/or change orders
- Contract administration
- Gain sharing and productivity gains
- Tracking of charges / service credits / service penalties across the contract
- Pricing models
Experience, Qualification and Skills
Essential skills and experience required
- Experience in the operational management of a Shared Services environment within the UK across all disciplines.
- Experience of working with BPO Suppliers
- Experience with managing budgets.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner.
- Experience of a complex, fast-moving environment.
- Possess change and project management skills, and be result orientated.
- Strong influencing skills (able to build business partner relationship) with the ability to challenge at all levels. Ability to influence at a senior level and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Leadership skills and personal drive to deliver results.
- Experience of managing 3rd Party vendors, including relevant governance frameworks
- Experience of programme management and delivering large change projects.
- Commercial awareness and strong operational delivery.
- Experience in managing outsourced Shared Services relationships.
- Experience in outsourcing Shared Services from contract to go-live of service delivery.
- Experience in the automation of operational processes.
Client facing Senior Manager roles in the Accounting Advisory Services team. Provides specialist IFRS accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax. We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depth and breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above and beyond.
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal