I'm looking for
Search results for "Tax"
Manager - Indirect Tax
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Process Improvement Analyst – Tax Centre of Excellence
Service Line: Tax Central
US Tax Associates
Service Line: Tax Central
Return to Tax Programme – Tax Centre of Excellence - CTC team
Service Line: Tax Central
Indirect Tax Manager - Banking
Service Line: Indirect Tax
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK. We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations. The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business. The Manager role in question is based in our Glasgow office.
KPMG has a dedicated local team of VAT specialists, based out of our Edinburgh and Glasgow office, working with our clients across the region. Our clients cover a wide range of sectors including retail and manufacturing, technology, professional services and the public sector. Our services to clients include pure advisory, opportunity and compliance reviews, due diligence and preparation of reclaims to HMRC. We collaborate closely with our colleagues both in our National Indirect Tax group, other areas of Tax such as Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing and People Services and in the wider advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be a key member of our team:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients
- Leading and managing large client projects
- Delegating work to and reviewing work carried out by junior members of the team
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients
- Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives
- Developing and managing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective
- Working closely with senior managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential
- ATT, ATII or CTA qualified or equivalent
Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work
- Is driven and committed
- Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
We are looking for an experienced change professional with the ability to engage, communicate and relate to our community of tax professionals to join this team to support in driving and delivering impactful business change.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Process Improvement Manager, this role is based at our TPL Managed Services office in Glasgow City Centre. The successful applicant will join a team of Process Improvement and Change Management professionals and will be responsible for supporting the change programme across multiple business lines to achieve business goals through the delivery and embedding of change.
The successful applicant will be required to lead change through others in support of an operation of 400+ people across multiple centres in onshore and offshore operations. Cross cultural awareness and experience are welcomed, while being able to demonstrate the ability to proactively build and maintain strong internal networks is essential. While this role holds no direct report responsibility, ability to coach and develop others in Process Improvement methodology and tools is highly advantageous.
Main responsibilities include:
• Working with business/process stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and building business case for change
• Leading small/medium sized projects from initiation through to implementation (experience of delivery through various project methodologies beneficial, e.g. DMAIC, Agile)
• Working with Business Analysts and Technical Teams to develop innovative and root cause driven solutions (e.g. Robotic Process Automation)
• Coaching team members on project and process improvement tools/techniques to develop skills and build a culture of Continuous Improvement
• Facilitation of Process Mapping and Solution Design workshops
• Supporting deployment and development of Visual Management within operational teams
• PMO activities (reporting, governance, co-ordination)
Qualifications and Skills
• Change management qualifications (e.g. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Business Analysis qualifications)
• Demonstrable experience in the use of process improvement tools (e.g. process mapping, value stream mapping, visual management, kaizen facilitation)
• Working knowledge of project associated software (e.g. MS Visio, MS Project, JIRA, Minitab/Sigma Excel)
• Proven ability to engage with business stakeholders to support strategic discussions and change initiatives
• Skilled in project management and delivery tools including milestone planning, risk awareness and leading project communications.
Experience and Background
• Strong record of delivering and supporting business change; ideally having led Green Belt or Lean projects
• Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills with ability to build and maintain relationships with key contacts across all business levels.
• Shared services centre experience with ability to support a range of operational change activities such as daily VM huddles and maintenance of change control frameworks
• Preferred background in professional or financial services industry. Direct tax experience is welcome, but not necessary.
• Ability to get quickly up to speed on our various tax technology offerings as they apply to process improvement
KPMG London US tax team is a rapidly expanding team of four US tax partners supported by c.30 US tax professionals. The US tax team in London is well placed to provide US tax advice and compliance services to clients Europe and the Middle East with US investments and/or US investors. Working on KPMG’s US tax team in London will provide individuals with US tax experience and a unique opportunity to live and work in London. KPMG is seeking motivated and enthusiastic top performing individuals to join their growing team in London.
- Prepare US tax returns for a variety of corporate and partnership clients.
- Assist in advising clients on a full spectrum of corporate and partnership tax services, including planning, research, compliance and mergers and acquisitions activities in an international context. Assist with multiple client engagements.
- Research and write client tax advice relating to domestic and international tax matters.
- Assist in formulating and delivering tax planning and tax savings services
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
- Strong planning, research, and communication skills, as well as general knowledge of corporate tax compliance.
- Prior US Tax experience of at least 1 year to support this.
- Previous experience (1 year plus) in preparing US tax returns for a variety of corporate and partnership clients.
- Previous experience (1 year plus) engaging with clients in an advisory role.
Multiple positions available
Opening date: 07/08/2019
Closing date: 04/09/2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits and bonus
We know the corporate world can sometimes feel like you are expected to be just like everybody else – however you are an individual and we like that.
Our Tax Pensions and Legal Services practice has designed a return to work programme to target qualified Tax professionals who are looking for flexibility, allowing them to balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out from work and are now looking for opportunities to return to a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Tax will support individuals in roles that are structured around agile working arrangements, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. All the roles are based in our Tax Practice across several UK locations ( Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff) and based at KPMG offices, or, for the right person remote home based working. These roles will be within our Tax Centres of Excellence and will focus on tax compliance, at the core of our tax offering to our clients.
The key to providing agile working for our team is making sure it works for both our clients and you. To that end we’ve developed a range of working patterns to help balance your commitments. As well as the traditional part time offering, we have people that spread their work across the year with annualised contracts and people who mix office and remote working patterns.
At the heart of the programme is a structured 3 week induction programme aimed at getting you up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. You will receive ongoing support in the form of a learning allowance and a working mentor who will be assigned to you from the day you accept your offer. The development opportunities won’t end once the induction is finished. You will enter an ongoing training path with check-in points to evaluate progress against goals and determine additional training needs. After 12 months, or before if things are going well, you’ll be invited to apply for a permanent role within KPMG.
KPMG offers a range of benefits to support you and your family including; KPMG Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Accident cover, Group income protection, emergency dependent care, a BeWell confidential health support service, access to a private GP service 24 hours a day, and private medical cover*
* Private medical cover dependent on grade and length of service
Our Tax Centre of Excellence (TCoE) has challenged and modernised the way that we deliver tax compliance services, by centralising the activities relating to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns. Our vision is to build a more efficient and effective service for our clients.
We are now looking for talented Tax Assistant Managers with UK corporate tax experience to join our teams.
The corporate tax team based in the TCoE is an integral part of our overall offering to clients. The roles involve working on clients of all sizes (from mid-market to FTSE listed groups) and across a wide range of sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
• Work with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
• Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
• Review the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required.
• Liaise with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
• Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
• Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review by a manager/senior manager and sending to the client.
• Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
• Develop and maintain relationships and act as primary liaison with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
• Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
• Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Who we are looking for?
§ Candidates with ACCA/ACA/CA/CTA/ATT or equivalent qualification
§ Candidates must have experience working in Tax in the last 10 years
§ Candidates will have a passion for returning to Tax working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
Candidates will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior Tax experience and qualifications.
Our aim is to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please apply. You will be required to upload a CV when you apply for this role, however if you do not have a CV or would like to speak to a member of the recruitment team before applying, please request a call back by emailing: ukfmrtw@KPMG.co.uk
We also aim to make the interview process as streamlined as possible so as not to take up too much of your time. If you are invited to interview this will be in your nearest local office and over the course of a day you will have conversations with some of the senior members in our team. Following this, we will endeavour to provide you with feedback from these conversations and an offer, if you are successful, within maximum one week.
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK. We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations. The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 220 professional staff in the UK.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals who are seeking a real challenge, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
This Manager role is Financial Services focussed. KPMG has one of the largest Financial Services Indirect Tax departments, advising banking, insurance, investment management, asset backed finance, real estate and private equity clients across a broad range of issues.
The Manager will be responsible for ensuring the quality of delivery at this specialist level and will be actively involved in managing the performance of junior colleagues within the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be a key member of our team, providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a range of clients;
- Providing advice on technical issues;
- Working within and supporting client service teams;
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with clients;
- Becoming the day- to-day contact for allocated clients;
- Assisting with the innovation of indirect tax opportunities, and the delivery of those opportunities;
- Delegating work to and developing tax assistants; and
- Working closely with Senior Managers and Directors who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.
Experience and Background:
- The ability to work proactively within a team environment
- Sound judgement, including the ability to research relevant matters
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply them practically
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally)
- The desire to learn quickly
- Enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Drive and determination
- The desire to seek responsibility, knowledge and new challenges