I'm looking for
Search results for "Tax"
M&A Tax Manager (Infrastructure)
Service Line: DA Tax
Corporate Tax – Assistant Manager
Service Line: Tax Central
Return to Tax Programme – Indirect Tax – Nationwide
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Indirect Tax Senior Manager
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Manager - Corporate Tax - Glasgow/Manchester/London/Birmingham
Service Line: Tax Central
Working in the KPMG London M&A Tax Group and focus specifically on providing tax advice in connection with UK and international transactions. We work alongside our clients and our colleagues in Transaction Services on transactions typically ranging in size from £10m upwards, providing tax structuring and tax due diligence services. The team works across all sectors ranging from financial services, infrastructure, consumer industrial markets and private equity.
This role involves working on a range of projects and clients. The work includes:
Providing tax structuring, tax due diligence and modelling advice on a wide range of transactions
Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas KPMG teams and other skillsets (accounting and other tax teams)
Working closely with colleagues in Transaction Services and Corporate Finance
Developing relationships with clients and the KPMG teams (TS, tax specialist and overseas teams)
Assisting with carrying out detailed technical research
Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
Delegating to and coaching junior team members
Risk and billing management
Being involved in business development activity
We are looking for people who are keen to work in an environment that offers plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development. Whilst working with us you will broaden your project management and technical skills and your commercial acumen. You will also have the opportunity to work with many talented people within the KPMG global network, the financial community and other professional advisers. There is also some opportunity for overseas travel in light of the nature of our work. The person best suited to a role is someone who is bright, driven, and confident and has good communication skills.
Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
Good UK corporate tax knowledge and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas
M&A tax experience will be essential
Strong report writing and project management skills in relation to M&A tax work
High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative to drive projects forward
Ability to build client relationships.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for providing corporate tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. This work would include:
- Working with the tax computation processing team in the management and delivery of tax compliance work
- Monitoring the tax compliance position using tax administration software
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and advising the client on the computational treatment of contentious issues
- Co-ordinating tax payments, loss relief, capital allowances, group relief and other claims
- Being the principal contact with smaller clients on day to day tax matters and working with senior managers and managers on larger clients
- Being involved on tax advisory and planning work on their client portfolio and working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
- Responding appropriately to requests from clients for other KPMG services
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
- Liaising with the client service team and with colleagues in the audit and accounting discipline to provide a co-ordinated service to the client
- Carrying out tax audits in accordance with terms of reference agreed with the audit team and advising the audit team of potential tax exposure
- Keeping technical knowledge up to date
- Ensuring fees are raised regularly and identifying situations where overruns can be billed and
- Assisting with business development work.
Qualifications and Skills
- CTA, CA, ACA or ACCA or equivalently qualified
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level analytical skills
- History of developing strong client relationships
- Project co-ordination/management skills and the ability to identify and pursue business opportunities
- Strong inter-personal skills
- High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically and a continuous desire to seek feedback and improve.
Our Tax, Pensions & Legal Services practice has designed a return to work programme to target qualified Tax professionals who are looking for flexibility, allowing them to balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out from work and are now looking for opportunities to return to a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Tax will support individuals in roles that are structured around agile working arrangements, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. We have roles across several KPMG UK office locations, or, for the right person we can consider remote home based working.
The key to providing agile working for our team is making sure it works for both our clients and you. To that end we’ve developed a range of working patterns to help balance your commitments. As well as the traditional part time offering, we have people that spread their work across the year with annualised contracts and people who mix office and remote working patterns.
We will offer successful candidates support with getting up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing their technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. They will receive ongoing support in the form of a learning allowance and a working mentor who will be assigned to them from the day they accept their offer. The mentor will arrange regular check-in time to evaluate progress against goals and determine any additional training needs. A buddy will also be available to provide day to day guidance. After 12 months, returners will be invited to apply for a permanent role within KPMG.
KPMG offers a range of benefits to support you and your family including; KPMG Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Accident cover, Group income protection, emergency dependent care, a BeWell confidential health support service, access to a private GP service 24 hours a day, and private medical cover*
* Private medical cover dependent on grade and length of service
Who we are looking for?
• Candidates with ACCA/ACA/CA/CTA/ATT or equivalent qualification
• Candidates must have experience working in Tax in the last 10 years
• Candidates who have a passion for returning to Tax working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
We are looking for candidates across all grades. You will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior Tax experience and qualifications.
Our aim is to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please apply. You will be required to upload a CV when you apply for this role, however if you do not have a CV or would like to speak to a member of the recruitment team before applying, please request a call back by emailing: ukfmrtw@KPMG.co.uk
We also aim to make the interview process as streamlined as possible so as not to take up too much of your time. If you are invited to interview this will be in your nearest local office and over the course of a day you will have conversations with some of the senior members in our team. Following this, we will endeavor to provide you with feedback from these conversations and an offer, if you are successful, within maximum one week.
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
Indirect Tax Senior Manager
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK. We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations. The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
We are looking for a Senior Manager based in our North Regions National Markets team based in our Manchester office
KPMG has a dedicated local team of VAT specialists working with our clients across the region. Our clients cover a wide range of sectors including retail and manufacturing, technology, professional services and the public sector. Our services to clients include pure advisory, opportunity and compliance reviews, due diligence and preparation of reclaims to HMRC. We collaborate closely with our colleagues both in our National Indirect Tax group, other areas of Tax such as Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing and People Services and in the wider advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at Senior Manager level, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of our team:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients
- Leading and managing large client projects/relationships
- Delegating work to and reviewing work carried out by junior members of the team
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients
- Taking responsibility for business development initiatives
- Developing and managing members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective
- Working closely with directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential
- ATT, ATII or CTA qualified or equivalent
Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work
- Is driven and committed
- Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
TPL Managed Services has challenged and modernised the way that we deliver tax compliance services, by centralising the activities relating to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns. Our vision is to build a more efficient and effective service for our clients.
We are now looking for a talented Tax Manager with UK corporate tax experience to join us here.
This role can be based in Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester or London
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients.
This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore partners (who manage processing aspects), to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
The corporate tax team based in TPL Managed Services is an integral part of our overall offering to clients. The roles involve working on clients of all sizes (from mid-market to FTSE listed groups) and across a wide range of sectors.
We are offering both full time and part time roles with flexible working arrangements which include early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
• Oversee the work of assistant managers, providing coaching and technical guidance as part of the overall review process.
• Work with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and ensure that these are reflected in the final computation and return.
• Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
• On more complex clients, act as the main point of liaison with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
• Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
• Carry out a full manager review of computations and other deliverables prior to sending to clients and HMRC.
• Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
• Develop and maintain relationships and liaise with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
• Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
• Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Qualifications and Skills
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Experience and Background
• Experience of manager level review of corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process.
• Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; UK GAAP tax accounting for groups.
• Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience of managing and / or coaching junior staff, in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent team work, management and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
• Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).