I'm looking for
Search results for "Tax"
Corporate Tax Senior Manager
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Manager - Corporate Tax - Tax Centre of Excellence
Service Line: Tax Central
Tax Director - UK R&D Tax Incentives
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Manager - Indirect Tax - Newcastle
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Tax Process Assistant
Service Line: Tax Central
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Our Corporate Tax department is a fast growing part of our Tax practice with a diverse client base of multinational firms, SMEs and private businesses from a number of different industries and sectors such as Retail, Telecommunication and energy.
Working in our successful Corporate Tax department will give you the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning projects.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager to be based out of our Corporate Tax Advisory team in Bristol. The successful individual will w ork as a crucial member of the client service team to provide corporate tax advisory services. The role would be structured so that the individual would work across the South West region whilst being based in our Bristol office, hence willingness to travel to client sites and to our regional offices will be essential for this role.
• Be market facing with allocated clients and target organisations
• Liaising with the client service team and with colleagues in other tax disciplines as well as the audit and accounting discipline to provide a co-ordinated service to the client
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and identifying leads for new work
• Ensuring that clients are kept up to date on developments within the corporate tax world that may affect their businesses
• Hold and control high level conversations with senior stakeholders in the markets and be capable of introducing relevant specialists from across the firm
• Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
• Actively promote team and personal profile to internal networks in order to promote collaboration and increase internal leads
• Being involved in business development and proposal activity
• Managing teams and coaching and developing staff
• Identify key client issues that represent opportunities for other KPMG teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions.
Qualifications and Skills
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
• Display technical strength in our specialist markets above
Experience and Background
• Significant Corporate Tax experience.
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
• Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in a respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
• Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
TPL Managed Services has challenged and modernised the way that we deliver tax compliance services, by centralising the activities relating to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns. Our vision is to build a more efficient and effective service for our clients.
We are now looking for a talented Tax Manager with UK corporate tax experience to join us here.
This role can be based in Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester or London
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients.
This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore partners (who manage processing aspects), to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
The corporate tax team based in TPL Managed Services is an integral part of our overall offering to clients. The roles involve working on clients of all sizes (from mid-market to FTSE listed groups) and across a wide range of sectors.
We are offering both full time and part time roles with flexible working arrangements which include early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
• Oversee the work of assistant managers, providing coaching and technical guidance as part of the overall review process.
• Work with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and ensure that these are reflected in the final computation and return.
• Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
• On more complex clients, act as the main point of liaison with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
• Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
• Carry out a full manager review of computations and other deliverables prior to sending to clients and HMRC.
• Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
• Develop and maintain relationships and liaise with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
• Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
• Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Qualifications and Skills
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Experience and Background
• Experience of manager level review of corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process.
• Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; UK GAAP tax accounting for groups.
• Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience of managing and / or coaching junior staff, in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent team work, management and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
• Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).
This Director level role is for an tax specialist with experience in the application and operation of the UK R&D Tax Incentives regime. We are specifically seeking someone with experience in tax in general and a number of years R&D specific experience to open up R&D and wider tax relationships within the wide and diverse range of industries in which our clients operate.
It will require you to work with our National Markets coverage group and within the national team to accelerate the growth of our business with a particular focus on our largest corporate clients. You will be required to use your
tax knowledge and experience to help our clients make R&D Tax Incentive claims, as well as Patent Box claims.
You will also be required to:
• Lead engagement teams and develop claim methodologies to support R&D tax relief claims that will be submitted to HMRC. This will include managing the overall client engagement and overseeing the technical and costing aspects.
• Work with our client's technical and tax teams to prepare and submit robust and eligible R&D Tax claims.
• Work with our client service and delivery teams to respond to HMRC enquiries into information technology based R&D Tax claims
• Build an internal network within the wider tax and advisory practices of our firm
• Establish and maintain strong business relationships with both existing and new clients
• Work with our client’s finance and tax teams to ensure that eligible R&D Tax
expenditure is identified.
• Assist with the development of R&D Tax Incentive claim processes and methodologies and prepare documentation for submission to HMRC.
• Lead business development initiatives, identify new R&D Tax Incentive claim opportunities and pitch for work with both new and existing clients, potentially both domestically and internationally
Qualifications and Skills
• Significant tax experience including R&D and Corporation Tax.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to a range of situations and audiences from both written and oral perspective.
• Strong attention to detail, to enable you to review complex technical information before submission to the client and/or HMRC, whilst maintaining an overall strategic and customer service focused perspective, for all deliverables we produce for our clients
• Excellent internal networking skills with the ability to confidently and knowledgably communicate with other Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners within our professional services environment.
• Strong business development and client facing skills with a proven history of being able to identify opportunities and converting them.
• Excellent project management skills and an ability to manage your own workload, as well the workloads of others in your team.
Experience and Background
• High level of knowledge and experience preparing and submitting successful R&D Tax Incentive claims, specifically in relation to a wide range of sectors
• Experience providing clear and constructive guidance to the teams with which you work to ensure the efficient delivery of high quality work to our clients and HMRC.
• Experience mentoring and facilitating the careers of a wide range of individuals with different academic and professional backgrounds.
• Experience of successfully building and retaining a team of information technology specialist R&D Tax Incentive advisors as well as potential alternative delivery models
• Experience developing and communicating clear and supportable claim methodologies based on the specific documentation produced, and development methodologies used, by our clients
• Experience developing, and agreeing with HMRC, different claim methodologies and eligibility positions for a range of information technology and software development based claims.
• Knowledge of wider innovation incentive regimes (knowledge of Patent Box is a bonus)
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
Indirect Tax Manager
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK. We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations. The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
We are looking for a Manager based in our North Regions National Markets team based in our Newcastle office
KPMG has a dedicated local team of VAT specialists working with our clients across the region. Our clients cover a wide range of sectors including retail and manufacturing, technology, professional services and the public sector. Our services to clients include pure advisory, opportunity and compliance reviews, due diligence and preparation of reclaims to HMRC. We collaborate closely with our colleagues both in our National Indirect Tax group, other areas of Tax such as Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing and People Services and in the wider advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at Senior Manager level, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of our team:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients
- Leading and managing large client projects/relationships
- Delegating work to and reviewing work carried out by junior members of the team
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients
- Taking responsibility for business development initiatives
- Developing and managing members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective
- Working closely with directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential
- ATT, ATII or CTA qualified or equivalent
Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work
- Is driven and committed
- Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
is a dynamic and successful area of our business.
KPMG has set up a Tax Centre of Excellence, aimed at challenging and
modernising the way that the Tax & Pensions practice delivers tax
compliance services to our clients by centralising the activities relating to
the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns within the
Tax Centre of Excellence.
We are currently looking to recruit a Tax Process Assistant to be based in
the Tax Centre of Excellence in Glasgow. The role will be varied and involve
working on a range of clients and administrative tasks within the Centre of
Excellence. Full training will be provided to the successful applicants.
The work may include:
Roles and responsibilities
· Working as part of a team to ensure delivery
of all administrative tasks which are integral to a large operation, whilst
contributing to the overall success of the team
· Processing post received from HMRC, involving
completion of all relevant checks and recording of confidential data
accurately within a timely manner on to our systems.
· Liaising with our Client Service Teams to
ensure SLA’s for deliverables are met, proactively chasing for responses and
updates to enquiries received.
· Maintain and manage our client systems, processing
client requests for system updates ensuring integrity of data at all times
· Updating and managing HMRC Government Gateway
systems, involving data entry and account set up’s
· Compiling and issuing of letters for
submission of HMRC Forms and Professional Clearance
· Responsible for supporting the delivery of
team projects, looking to identifying and support the implementation of
improvements to department processes
· Ability to prioritise multiple tasks to ensure
deliverables are met maintaining and managing SLA’s for team tasks.
· Ability to work on own initiative with a can
do will do attitude.
· Ability to adapt and respond to change.