I'm looking for
Search results for "Finance"
Manager - Infratech - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Credit Risk Assurance Assistant Manager- Leeds
Service Line: Audit
Workday Senior Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Service Line: Audit
Dynamics 365 F&O Functional Lead Consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets has never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset Management and Data Analytics.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
- Support the IAG Infratech Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Manage teams to deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Develop partnerships with third party providers to develop an ecosystem of solutions for client issues
Leadership & Management:
- Engagement Management of project teams (typically 2-3 people) to deliver small-medium client engagements.
- Management of quality and risk on engagements to meet KPMG standards.
- Financial management of engagements including budgeting, reporting and invoicing processes.
- Performance Management and mentoring of IAG junior employees (typically 1-2 reports).
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Client facing role for both business development and delivery, including stakeholder management and workshop facilitation.
- Liaise with technical teams on the client side to support productionising of proof of concepts.
- Change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- The role can potentially have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG.
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
- The role has financial responsibilities through Engagement Management.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology in an infrastructure or asset-intensive organisation
- Broad understanding and interest in multiple infrastructure industry sectors
- Deep knowledge of at least one industry within construction, transport, power, utilities and defence.
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within a disruptive sector, such as a technology startup
- Experience in managing consultancy or client facing assignments
- Experience working on complex change programmes
- Experience building business cases for funding
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Knowledge of asset management
- Understanding of broader Asset Management good practice (ISO 55001 and IAM/GFMAM 39 subjects)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and their use in scaling solutions
- Excellent facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders and balance time across these appropriately
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Technical model development documentation review
2) Technical model validation documentation review
3) Assessment of model performance
4) Independent replication of any of the above
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of audit entities end to end credit risk process and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Credit risk governance reviews
2) Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
3) Individual credit file reviews
4) Substantive testing of any of the above
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9, CECL and regulatory credit risk models
Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
Powered Enterprise is KPMG’s world-class accelerated Enterprise Business Transformation approach for cloud-based solutions that uses pre-designed back-office leading practices and KPMG’s six layer Target Operating Model. It enables clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker implementation and a faster path to Return on Investment. This solution combines the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading practice, capabilities and insight into a complete solution for an effective back-office.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Workday, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise.
We are seeking a talented individuals with experience of Workday HCM implementation. This is a high profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development / sales origination and client delivery.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• As an Engagement Manager, lead the delivery of high quality Workday deployment projects
• Provide specialist Workday advice and work closely with the client leads to optimise processes and maximise the benefits of Workday
• Advise clients on the transformational aspects of Workday in relation to HR operating model, self-service, service delivery and process execution
• Contribute to business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations with our Workday clients
• Lead the growth of the Workday practice through sharing knowledge, developing thought leadership and supporting the career aspirations of team members
• Advise on technical integration of the Workday application with other client and 3rd party applications such as payroll, benefits and finance systems
• Advise on data migration and data integrity as part of the deployment engagement
• Proven Engagement Management experience
• Workday Services Core and EM/PM certification
• Experience leading onshore, offshore and near-shore resources effectively to ensure the most efficient delivery for the client
• Proven relationship-building and influencing skills
• Facilitation and problem solving skills
• Workday system design, build and deployment experience – 2 full lifecycle implementations preferred
• Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
• Detailed working knowledge of how HR services are delivered at the process level
• Ability to effectively transfer knowledge and flex the approach according to the situation
• Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction
• Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with varying team members
• Strong functional knowledge of HR, Payroll, Time Tracking or Case Management business applications an advantage
• Experience as a configuration expert and/or project manager of enterprise software deployments
• Travel required (up to 80%)
The Accounting Consultation team provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting issues.
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into investment and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most technical accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit practice.
- Provide high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG UK’s national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus on financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior to issuance
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and transaction services.
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant managers who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and under guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking audit clients.
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting policy and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions to the audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities including global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller private banks. Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within the team.
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial institutions.
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or financial reporting.
Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102 sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the banking industry.
- Excellent written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting project delivery;
- Ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
This role is therefore kingpin to KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions customer delivery of Microsoft Dynamics 365O solutions. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions.
— Experience with Dynamics 365 for Operations (D365O) or AX2012 with at least a minimum of 10 years
— Along with experience in end to end implementations
— Experience with (D365O) interfacing and Integration
— Experience in consulting and very good presentation skills
— Knowledge in gathering technical requirement
— Beneficial to know LCS and VSTS
— Experience responding to RFPs and RFQs is a must
— Experience in mentoring consultants is a must
Qualifications and Skills
— Microsoft Dynamics (preferably including D365O) implementation experience including the following modules and areas
— General Ledger
— Accounts Receivable
— Accounts payable
— Cash and Bank Management
— Project Management and Accounting
— Fixed Assets
— Management Reporter
— Financial Consolidation and elimination experience
— Experience with electronic banking file needs
— Advanced knowledge in Financial workflow or journal approval
— Outstanding understanding of Accounting processes, principles, functionality & systems
— Microsoft Dynamics certifications
— Solid Finance background (ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified or qualified is desirable but not
— Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) a plus
— Exudes confidence
— Works independently as well as in a team environment
— Acts with professional demeanour
— Manages time and multiple tasks accordingly
— Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure
— Solves complex problems with creative solutions
— Places emphasis on client satisfaction
— Desires to constantly assess and incorporate new technologies and software into their
— Promotes the Values of our company
— Leads people and helps to grow them in their role