I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
IT Risk & Controls Manager - Financial Services Consulting
Service Line: RC Technology
Third Party Risk Management Senior Manager - FS Tech Risk Consulting
Service Line: RC Technology
Financial Modelling Manager - Corporate Consulting
Service Line: MC Technology
Supplier Management Centre of Excellence Lead
Service Line: Finance
Cyber Security Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: RC Technology
The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance on our clients' technology risks and controls. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age. We are building out our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls. We are focused on project and programme risk, technology resilience, technology risk and control, impact of regulatory change on data and technology and third party risk management. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, as well as engagements with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence. KPMG are growing their IMG FS Tech Risk team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
- Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
- Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
- Deliver technology risk consulting projects in Financial Services leading teams and working independently providing client-side advice
- Deliver Tech Risk control testing and transformation projects, providing advice to first and second lines of defence on operating models, frameworks, taxonomy, risk and control services.
- Oversee client services on IT control testing, supplier assurance and other technology risk related projects incl IT Sox testing
- Take responsibility for client liaison and relationship
- Take responsibility for delivering risk and control assessments and testing, following strict methdology
- Quality assure testing undertaken offshore or by junior members of staff
- Identify revenue-generating opportunities and support business development activities such as proposal writing, pitch presentations
- Develop relationships with FS clients (CIO, Head of Technology Risk, CRO, Head of Information Security, COO)
- Demonstrate and share industry / technical expertise and be positioned as an IT risk & controls expert in FS
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering large IT risk and control testing projects either within a Big 4 firm or a large Financial Services Institution
- Recognised accounting / auditing (eg CISA) / risk qualification
- Experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment
- Degree/masters qualification in IT
- Experience of managing IT Risk and Control testing projects in the FS sector with experience of working in teams
- Experience of managing business and IT stakeholders from across the business and all levels of seniority
- Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
- Experience of financial reporting and controls relating to IT
- Experience of FS sector business processes / products / keys risks
- A good understanding of technology platforms
- Good knowledge of different operating systems, databases, networking, security concepts and technologies from an IT risk and controls perspective
- Experience of working on tenders and large audit proposals
The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance on our clients' technology risks and controls. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age. We are building out our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls. We are focused on project and programme risk, operational and technology resilience, technology risk and control, impact of regulatory change on data and technology and third party risk management. All underpinned by analytics. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, as well as projects with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence.
• Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering risk services to the Financial Services sector with particular focus on Third Party Risk Management
• Oversight of delivery of Third Party Risk Management consulting projects - including reviews of maturity, process, governance and operating model. Advice on automation and tooling, conulting advice on regulatory requirements and expectations on Third Party Risk Management. Oversee and deliver end to end supplier assurance projects and Third Party Risk Management transformation projects
• Assume ownership of key client relationships, identify revenue-generating opportunities and get involved in business development activities.
• Build and develop relationships with key market contacts
• Develop industry and technical expertise and be positioned as an Third Party Risk Management SME for the Financial Services sector
• Identify, anticipate and recommend the need for and make changes to third party risk management methodologies and related services in response to changing risk profiles and regulatory expectations
• Build relationships with other departments to further develop and mature KPMG's Third Party Risk Management offering
• Understand the Financial Services industry - key performance drivers, emerging technical and industry developments
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering risk and controls assessments.
• Proven experience of implementing Third Party Risk Management frameworks in large Financial Services organisations
• Thorough understanding of Third Party Risk Management and experience of developing Third Party Risk Management programs for Financial Services organisations
• Extensive knowledge and insight of regulatory requirements and expectations on Third Party Risk Management and wider risks
• Extensive knowledge of related regulations
• Degree/masters qualification in IT
Experience and Background
• Experience of building Third Party Risk Management programs in the Financial Services sector from the ground-up
• Experience of the end to end procurement lifecycle
• Extensive experience of working with UK regulators to provide knowledge and insights on regulatory thinking on third party risk management
• Experience of reviewing Third Party Risk Management for banks and/or insurers and providing gap assessments and remediation plans
• Experience of managing business and IT stakeholders from across the business and all levels of seniority, including CIO, CFO and CISO
• Ability to identify and assess IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Strong understanding of Financial Services sector
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment
• Ability to play an active role in the business development process
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people
• Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Demonstrate professional scepticism - proven track record of constructively challenging clients to drive best results
• An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
• Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients
• Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and manage well under pressure
*Multiple positions available
In KPMG’s Management Consulting practice, we don’t limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both – equally well. Indeed, it’s this broad capability that’s seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we’ve developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad of sectors. In IT Advisory we leverage technology to help achieve clients’ business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
The daily tasks will include:
• Designing cost models for large capex or opex projects
• Work on project finance and transaction modelling (mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, bids and bid defence)
• Working on modelling business transformations including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring
• Responsible for business planning and forecasting
• Responsible for modelling the impacts of accounting, tax or regulatory changes
• Responsible for tactical modelling solutions that automate finance and other operations, such as performance management, intercompany transactions and statutory reporting
• Providing management information and KPI reporting solutions
• Provide data analysis and visualisation
• Work on model risk assessment
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• An accounting qualification such as ACA or CIMA
• Experience in using VBA for the purpose of building financial models
• Experience of building cost models for large capex or opex projects
• Experience in financial and accounting concepts or project finance e.g. debt structures, cash, waterfalls, financial ratios
• Experience of project finance and transaction modelling
• Experience of managing multiple projects and junior staff
• Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
• Excellent project management and team management skills
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
• A first-class orupper second-class degree (or international equivalent) in a numerate subject
Opening Date: 7th November 2019
Closing Date: 5th December 2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
*Multiple positions available
KPMG provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services to clients with these client-facing functions supported by a central function, KPMG Business Services (KBS). Within KBS, the firm has an established Procurement function resourced with qualified procurement professionals, supported by an outsourced procurement services provider, responsible for supporting the firm’s £450m+ expenditure on bought-in goods & services.
The Procurement function‘s objectives are:
- To be regarded as an invaluable business partner by the firm’s KBS functions (in particular Facilities, Corporate Services, Marketing and IT) and by the wider business functions (Audit, Tax, Advisory and Markets)
- To drive the continuous improvement of third-party goods & services and minimise the risks associated with commercial contracting activities through the application of best-practice procurement across the firm
- To support the business with technology investments to enable profitable revenue growth
- To deliver year-on-year financial benefit to the firm
Overview of the Position / Key Responsibilities
Procurement created a CFO sponsored Supplier Management CoE to develop a supplier management framework and drive best practice consistently across the Firm supporting colleagues who have supplier management responsibilities through methodology, tools, templates, mentoring and consolidated reporting
The Supplier Management CoE Lead heads up the Centre of Excellence for SRM, coordinates and drives the CoE activity, providing advice and guidance on SRM, procurement governance, risk and compliance, the end result being establishing consistent controls, leveraging 3rd party relationships & spend, managing key risks, creating incremental value and driving innovation.
The Lead’s main responsibilities are:
- Defines, manages and reviews the overarching supplier management strategy and senior strategic relationships for all suppliers.
Driving forward the SRM CoE activity by:
- Being responsible for developing and delivering the strategy of SRM across supplier base in conjunction with key SRM team leads
- Ensuring effective management of the SRM CoE programme of work
- Leading on the SRM communications strategy and delivery
- Being the central point for
- Continuous improvement and development
- SRM related projects
- Supplier base performance and financial reporting
- Leading on the provision of training and mentoring relating to SRM
- Managing overall performance and benefits tracking, central KBS reporting for all key suppliers supporting KBS and wider functions where required.
- Ownership of a supplier management portal
- Application of the Firms independence & reciprocity policies.
- Driving governance and compliance to process across all procurement and supplier activity
- Providing subject matter expertise and guidance on 3rd party risk diligence and mitigation across supply base.
Team and Performance Management:
- Providing direct senior support to Head of Supplier Governance and Service Operations, across all activities within that team promoting engagement and cohesive one team approach
- Ensuring implementation of relevant controls and activities in line with agreed processes
- Ensuring the delivery of a high quality SRM advisory service to key business stakeholders
- Building Relationships
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders, demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers & requirements and identifying and providing appropriate support & solutions
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to various functions.
- Develop strong relationships with the Procurement category teams by acting as the lynchpin between sourcing and supplier management
- Strong programme and project management skills enabling the effective and successful deployment of the supplier management programme to the business
- Ability to work under pressure, managing conflicting requirements whilst meeting client expectations and delivering excellent client service
- Ability to work as part of a team, contributing to the wider procurement vision and priorities, leading and supporting the pursuit of best practice supplier management
- Act as a mentor, providing best practice advice to the less experienced members of the category teams, and wider business operations teams, offering support and direction as appropriate
Skills and Behaviours:
- The Supplier Manager Programme Lead is required to demonstrate the Skills & Behaviours expected of a Manager (see “Skills & Behaviours in Action”). In particular the position requires:
Delivering Quality Service
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholder priorities
- Ability and willingness to adopt a flexible approach to client projects
- Fully accountable for project deliverables and demonstrable contribution to benefit targets.
- Single point of contact for SRM policies and cross KBS reporting supplier’s performance
- Ability to influence stakeholder thinking and to demonstrate value of supplier management procurement practices.
- Service ethos and ability to demonstrate discretion, diplomacy and gravitas
Drive and Resilience
- Ability to sustain a high level of drive and maintain a professional and enthusiastic
- Willingness to work hard to meet demands in key times of pressure and the ability to overcome obstacles
- Ability to analyse complex issues & challenges, evaluate options and make recommendations with clear supporting rational
Qualifications and Experience
- Expansive experience in relevant commercial roles, preferably recent years within the supplier management arena. Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong appreciation of financial/professional consultancy services culture
- Strong influencing skills to ensure successful continued adoption of the programme
- Proven broad SRM track-record of successfully overseeing large, multi-faceted, contracts with evidence of financial benefit delivery, effective contract management, risk management and innovation.
- CIPS / IACCM qualified an advantage.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate assertively, confidently with presence and gravitas.
- Ability to recognise and interpret complex requirements and create clear/logical process driven governance and pragmatic decision making on that basis.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, manage own time effectively etc. to achieve goals.
KPMG is acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in providing cyber security consultancy. We are investing in building our Financial Services Cyber team to meet growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest financial services companies.
We help our clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities,and build the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime andother threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safelyand securely. For us, cyber security isn't just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach tounderstanding and mitigating the risk.
The Team – FS CyberSecurity, Scotland
The team is an integral part of our rapidly growing FS Cyber practice. Our team works closely withKPMG’s broader advisory practice to link cyber security to financial crime and risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive tosucceed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion fordelivering excellent service and building strong relationships.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enablethem to be the best they can be.
You will be a Senior Managerwithin the Financial Services Cyber team helping both grow our business andensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients. You should expect tobe involved in a wide range of challenging engagements, ranging from majorexecutive level cyber exercises and threat reviews, through optimisation ofclient security controls and cyber security programmes, to providing specialistsupport on issues such as cyber strategy, third party risk etc.
Our clients are underincreasing regulatory scrutiny, continually battling a rapidly changing cybercrimethreat while harnessing the opportunities offered by digital services.
As a Senior Manager, weexpect you to understand the business issues and to be able to translatecomplex cyber security issues into straightforward, credible, jargon freeadvice to our clients; and delivering the support they require.
If you are able to helpour clients seize the opportunity offered by the digital world, securely, thenyou are the type of person we are looking for.
Management and deliveryof challenging, complex client engagements to ensure quality and value to ourclients by:
- Understanding their business challenges and the threats they face
- <!--[endif]-->Helping them navigate the increasingly complex cyber security regulatory environment
- <!--[endif]-->Advising on cyber security governance, frameworks and operating models
- <!--[endif]-->Helping them optimise their approach to cyber security controls and risk management
- <!--[endif]-->Getting the balance right between protection, detection, reaction and response to cyberattack
- <!--[endif]-->Linking cyber security to other consultancy offerings on risk management, resilienceand IT transformation to provide holistic support to our clients
- <!--[endif]-->Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, aswell as managing the performance and development of other team members
- <!--[endif]-->Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
- <!--[endif]-->Building and managing multiple client relationships
- <!--[endif]-->Project managing engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner toinclude: scoping / financial management (budgeting) / engagement and riskmanagement / production and review of deliverables.
<!--[endif]-->Fee generation through actively identifying and progressing business developmentopportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposaldevelopment and client presentations.
- <!--[endif]-->Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, propositiondevelopment, and knowledge management.
We expect that you will have:
- Proven track record in cyber security environment within professional services or an in-houseinformation security function, preferably in Financial Services.
- <!--[endif]-->Track record within the financial services showing understanding of the business,threat and regulatory issues faced by clients.
- <!--[endif]-->Experience of delivering one or more of the following areas: strategy,transformation, governance, cyber resilience, identity and access management.
- <!--[endif]-->Proven experience of successfully managing complex cyber security services in acommercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high quality work on time andto budget.
- <!--[endif]-->Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire driveand resilience in others.
- Ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- <!--[endif]-->Proven ability in taking appropriate action after monitoring/reviewing the progressand performance of others.
- <!--[endif]-->Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles,technologies and techniques.
- <!--[endif]-->Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and projectmanagement skills
- <!--[endif]-->Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients at a senior level.
- <!--[endif]--><!--[endif]-->Knowledge of a broad range of cyber security topics e.g. governance, identity and accessmanagement, supply chain risks, security operations, incident management etc.
- <!--[endif]-->A good understanding of technology platforms.
- Degree level qualified or equivalent preferred
- Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, M.Inst ISP, etc.), or comparable experience
The role will be based at our Glasgow or Edinburgh office, but will include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally onoccasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.