I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Services Assurance Services (FSAS)"
Data Analytics Director
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Manager - Restructuring - Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Audit Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
Lead DevOps Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Restructuring Associate Director, Insolvency
Service Line: Restructuring
Lead Software Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Opening Date: 17/07/2020
Closing Date: 14/08/2020
Salary Range: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG are looking for multiple Data Analytics Directors to play a key role in delivering and taking to market our Data Analytics offering across multiple sectors. The successful candidates will need to leverage their external and internal networks to build the reputation of KPMG’s offering across Automation, Data Science, AI, and Data Engineering learning across multidisciplinary clients and engagements.
Reporting directly to the Partner of the team, the role involves overseeing and leading a team who identify, develop, sell and deliver data integrated centric solutions. The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant Data Analytics & Digital Transformation consulting engagements in multiple sectors.
- Build relationships and actively seek out the global networks best experts to address client needs.
- Communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage relationships across different teams, functions, countries and cultures to drive revenue growth.
- Provide credible solution -orientated responses to RFP’s, ensuring the appropriate expertise from across KPMG is represented in the most cohesive way to address client problems.
- Manage the growth of a high performing and dynamic team.
- Build strong client relationships and develop leading edge inspiring go to market propositions that provide growth opportunities for our people & clients.
- Own and develop new assets in the analytics space and develop thought leadership that resonates with the life science sector and positions KPMG as a leader in the space.
- Develop solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines.
- Develop competence in a broad range of technologies and framework for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Undertake technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and the design and build of solutions.
Required skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in a data or technology related subject
- Experienced in utilising technology to provide insightful analysis to life sciences clients in areas such as R+D and clinical trials.
- Experience leading large teams of 40+ in size developing and delivering analytics solutions.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth in a Consulting environment.
- Experience leading responses to RFP for analytics services and solutions.
- Credible and experienced at scoping, delivering and selling solutions in the fields of AI, Machine Learning and RPA
- Experience developing trusted client relationships and converting those into commercial opportunities
- Talent for collaborating with internal stakeholders on go to market and solution development
- Experience with FS, IGH, Life Sciences, and Retail clients
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by eight partners and 12 directors. We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors, there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit Managers to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders on engagements (including divisional and functional management at corporates, lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders/investors).
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong analysis (including financial modelling and scenario analysis) and report writing skills.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• An existing professional network of client relationships across corporates, lenders, private equity and/or other stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in managing client work, ideally with a focus based on stakeholder advisory, turnaround, transformation or IBR assignments.
• Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work of junior team members and build report with key client stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
• Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Investment Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UK. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of our Investment Management clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff including promoting audit quality
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Investment Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
Within KPMG's Technology service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our client’s infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote working across the UK with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
• Build and Run cloud infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Manage and mentor your own team of engineers
• Automate like your life depends on it. Keep out of the portal, and where possible build infrastructure with Terraform or other IaC tools
• Run sprints and help prioritise your team’s workload. Jump between helping your team solve problems, to diving into your editor of choice to fix a bug or extend a library
• Manage relationships with clients to become a trusted delivery partner
• Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of
• GTD – Get things done. Use the DevOps culture to bring capabilities together and ship projects
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts
• Enjoy yourself. Maintain and cultivate the culture of your team
• Proven experience managing a team of engineers and being responsible for delivering projects
• Ability to switch between talking technical to other DevOps engineers, to explaining the business benefits of containers to non-technical business partners
• Proven experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration
• Hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Build it run it, take ownership of your code and infrastructure
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance.
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours and locations
• Access to regular training opportunities, attending conferences and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday
The Insolvency Restructuring team in London are looking for an Associate Director to join their team. We are looking for an individual to work alongside colleagues in the part of the team that are responsible for providing insolvency and contingency planning advice in large, complex situations often involving multi-jurisdictional advice.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder advisory work, typically linked to providing advice around distressed businesses and supporting restructuring via the use of insolvency procedures as well as undertaking formal insolvency work for typically large and complex institutions.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individual s' base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required. The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Role and Responsibilities
To be an effective Associate Director within this part of Restructuring you'll undertake the following:
• Frequently acting as day to day lead for delivery of client projects or significant insolvency workstreams, taking the role as a key contact on engagements.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagement s (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders)
• Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple workstream delivery
• Manage engagement s and projects to scope, time, quality and budget comp lying with KPMG engagement management practices
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input
• Work with Partners/ Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals and client sales presentations
• Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s)
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
• Significant involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work.
Qualifications and Skills
• Relevant insolvency qualifications (or targeting the same)
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
Experience and Background
• Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams on complex insolvency assignments.
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and 'self start' as well start teams of colleagues
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also
often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
At Solutions & Digital we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions &Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
Our core competency is the .NET stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebApi) and cutting-edge web client technologies (ReactJS, HTML5). We pride ourselves on delivering highly modular, testable, scalable, SOLID code with continuous integration and deployment to cloud environments. We follow agile methodologies and a Git workflow.
You will be part of our product engineer team and work in multidisciplinary agile teams including product owners, QA engineers, UX designers and business analysts.
- Provide technical leadership for your teams, taking ownership of projects through discovery and in to delivery.
- Guide our clients in shaping their ideas by applying your technical knowledge; defining project strategy and technology selection.
- Take responsibility for identifying project risks and taking steps to mitigate these before they become real issues.
- Promote best practices and help to develop your teams by providing constructive feedback to peers and junior team members.
- Contribute to the wider team, particularly with the learnings from your projects. Looks for areas of improvement; technologies, frameworks and tools that we can adopt.
- Show effective management of your immediate project team and demonstrate an ability to influence our business stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, helping to bridge the gap between the two.
- Share your knowledge with the wider team and support learning opportunities.
Day to day job tasks;
- This is a hands-on role and you will be responsible for shaping project architecture and large technical decisions. On a day to day basis you will be delivering key features on projects that are mostly Greenfield.
- Define and manage your build pipelines, automating where possible. Take responsibility for enabling your teams and ensuring they work efficiently.
- Understand that all members of the team are responsible for quality and promote this through testing, peer review and automated scanning of our codebases.
- Review code and technical decisions to ensure best practices are being followed, particular when it comes to security.
- Investigate and implement new technologies that enable our projects and improve our offerings to clients.
- Provide input for new projects, analyse client requirements and create high-level estimates. Effectively estimate build and run costs for proposed solutions providing options that enable viable solutions.
We welcome polyglot developers with experience in other stacks (Ruby, Java, Scala) who are happy to bring their experiences on board. As part of our rigorous recruitment process, we’ll thoroughly test your ability to code with peerless precision, quality and clarity.
As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You are expected to have experience and develop your technical skills within the following areas:
- Cloud development on AWS, Azure or GCP including deployment, scaling and writing for containers. Experience with serverless is also a bonus.
- Familiarity consuming Cloud services, particularly messaging and storage options
- Native or hybrid mobile development on iOS/Android with React Native, Xamarin or Flutter
- Front end development: Deployment / Management of SPA, Server-Side rendering, Webpack / Babel, Gulp, Razor Pages
- Software design and architecture following clean architecture, domain driven design, serverless or microservices
- A solid grasp of software security concerns and options for mitigation
- Content management systems (Umbraco), headless CMS
- Software testing, performance optimisation and maintenance
- Relational and noSQL database design, including Elastic
You are not expected to be proficient in all of the above, however you should demonstrate a general understanding of the concepts and start to specialise in a couple of key areas.