I'm looking for
Search results for "Forensic"
Forensic Technology – Data Analyst
Service Line: Forensic
Forensic Data Analytics Analyst- Financial Crime
Service Line: Forensic
Competition Economics Associate Director
Service Line: Forensic
Manager, Macro Economics
Service Line: Forensic
Finance Analyst –Infrastructure & Transport Consulting
Service Line: Forensic
Forensic Technology (FTech) supports clients and their legal advisors in response to litigation, civil
disputes, investigations, regulatory, and M&A matters. FTech assist their clients through the
preservation, collection, processing, reporting, and analysis of electronically stored information (ESI)
such as emails, chat messages, and electronic documents.
The projects are often time critical and include global clients with footprints around the world,
providing opportunities to work with other overseas offices including on site attendance. Many
projects have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and communities, with matters
occasionally featuring on international headlines.
FTech are looking for data specialists who are able to extract, store, enhance, and investigate large
volumes of unstructured data by leveraging market-leading technologies and methodologies.
Data analysts support the delivery work on a range of engagements. This will include:
- Responding to client requests and queries with supervision from project managers.
- Creating and updating data trackers, dashboards, and reports.
- Verifying, validating and analysing data that has been collected or received from clients.
- Preparing and normalising unstructured data from a range of data sources: email, electronic
documents, instant messaging, chat data, audio data and more.
- Assisting with forensic data collections.
- Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
- Delivering client based training on our review systems via WebEx or to an audience.
- Contributing to business development through market research, consolidating credentials,
and creating slide decks.
- Assisting with evidence and media tracking.
- Researching and testing new software.
Strong candidates would have exposure to a combination of the following career profiles, or deep
expertise in at least one specialism. Successful candidates will not be expected to only stick to their
backgrounds; team members are encouraged to widen their horizons and take advantage of
available development opportunities.
- Familiarity with creating dashboard visualisations using Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, Kibana,
- Good understanding of data querying methods to produce reports from Microsoft SQL
- Experience in simple data transformation using Excel, Alteryx, scripts, and/or regular
- Understanding of best practices for database schemas and data normalisation.
- Able to clearly communicate and explain findings from data analysis to non-technical people.
- Background in statistics, databases, information management, economics, business intelligence, and related areas.
- Experience in integrating systems and applications through APIs, e.g. REST, and XML/JSON.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python, and VBA.
- Understanding of software development methodologies and tools, e.g. IDEs, Git, Agile, unit tests.
- Proven ability of translating business needs into technical requirements.
- Knowledge of SQL and database operations would be advantageous.
- Background in computer science, software development, mathematics, and related areas.
Computer Forensics and E-Disclosure
- Worked in a professional services environment assisting with the delivery of eDisclosure/Investigations.
- Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
- Familiarity with forensic best practices, e.g. evidence handling, chain of custody, metadata preservation, etc.
- Experience in handling and analysing unstructured data sources such as emails, network shares, and laptops.
- Experience in liaising with clients on basic requests and delivering software training.
- Proficient in eDisclosure tools such as EnCase, Nuix, Relativity, Recommind, Ringtail, or similar.
All candidates are expected to have a number of the following qualities:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think through and solve problems independently.
- Proactive in taking ownership of tasks and managing expectations.
- Keen to learn industry-specific software and in-house processes.
- Able to work in a high-pressured environment.
- Experience in a professional environment or role is desirable.
|Job Title||Forensic Data Analytics Analyst- Financial Crime|
|Service Line Information||Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.|
Forensic - Using specialist accounting, investigation and business skills in assisting clients involved in commercial or regulatory disputes or in the investigation of fraud and impropriety. Working in the team will mean getting involved in a broad range of projects, i.e. Fraud investigations, and tracing assets.
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Team Working within KPMG's Financial Crime Technology team this new role requires a combination of Data/Sanction or Transaction Monitoring technical skills, third party solution awareness, client contact, business development and financial crime prevention/AML knowledge.
The team sits within KPMG’s Risk Consulting function that assists clients to assess, assure, review, test and improve their financial crime systems whilst using innovative Data Analytics tools and approaches. Upon joining the team you will perform a client delivery focused role, which involves the management, manipulation and analysis of data and transformations with a combination of innovative techniques to extract the necessary intelligence from related data assets. You will participate in a wide range of financial crime projects, with a particular focus on sanctions and transaction monitoring in the Financial Services industry. The work is highly varied, and you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills to the next level by gaining strong consulting and business experience whilst developing your ability to manage key engagement client contacts.
- Working with forensic teams, lawyers and regulatory authorities in adversarial and sensitive situations involving fraud or regulatory investigations.
- Delivery of technology risk consulting services to financial services clients.
- Assist with the scoping, production and review of client deliverables.
- Ensuring deadlines are met and risks quantified.
- Developing procedures and end to end technology processes.
- Building relationships: you will sustain cohesive relationships with clients and colleagues within KPMG.
- Taking a positive and enthusiastic approach to gaining knowledge and sharing with the wider team.
- Supporting with client presentations and analysis workshops.
The Person Qualifications, Skills and Experiences:
This exciting role will give you the opportunity utilise and broaden programming, data analysis and data management skills. Developing strong technical skills is encouraged as you will be required to deliver solutions either individually or as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
From your experience you will be able to demonstrate one or more of the following skill sets and expertise:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify patterns within data to generate business insight.
- Experience with either of the following data manipulation software: SQL (Oracle/SQL Server), SAS.
- Other related Data Management experience in Data Governance, Data Standards documentation, Master Data Management and Data Integration.
- Knowledge and exposure to Sanctions filtering technologies, for example Fircosoft or SafeWatch.
- An understanding of SWIFT messages and international banking.
- An understanding of customer management systems used by financial institutions.
- A practical understanding of international sanctions and regulations.
- Knowledge of or experience working with Transaction Monitoring technologies, for example NICE Actimize, BAE Systems (NetReveal), Oracle (Mantas), Siron, Apama. • An understanding of customer segmentation, transaction monitoring rules/thresholds and scenarios. • A functional understanding of anti-money laundering regulations and legislation.
Any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Banking sector knowledge and exposure.
- Experience in scripting technologies such as PERL, Python and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis).
- Knowledge of machine learning and cognitive computing.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Tenacious problem solving attitude, particularly when helping Clients obtain the data required.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
KPMG’s Economics team uses economic tools to help corporates and public sector bodies understand markets and improve their decision making.
KPMG Economics is active in many of the member firms to the KPMG network, including several countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and North America. The London office is home to one of the largest teams in the network and covers a range of practices, including competition economics, applied microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics and financial economics. It also works in regulated sectors such as Telecoms, Energy, Transport and Water.
Economists at KPMG often work closely with academic advisers on client matters and research. They also collaborate closely with KPMG colleagues in areas where strong synergies exist. These include Data Analytics, Disputes, Deal Advisory, Tax, Forensic and other.
We are looking for highly motivated outstanding economists to join the KPMG Economics team as an Associate Director.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in running projects and maintaining client relationships with minimal supervision from Directors and Partners. S/he will have a major role in ensuring that any client work will be delivered to the highest standards in both content and form. Specialisation and/or significant experience in the application of microeconometrics to competition casework is preferable.
Depending on the nature of the assignment, s/he will manage project teams of around two to twelve people, fostering a collaborative spirit and culture of respect. S/he will often work on several projects at a time, managing project teams or otherwise providing senior input into client deliverables. S/he will maintain a positive attitude when the team is under pressure, supporting other team members when they face challenging situations.
The successful applicant will play a key role in our sales’ efforts. S/he will build and maintain effective relationships with clients and will be able to discuss the wider KPMG offering with them. S/he will also quickly develop a strong internal network with KPMG experts in related fields or based in other countries. S/he will identify and act on business opportunities, both with existing and new client relationships.
S/he will challenge established ways of working and thinking, developing innovative approaches. S/he will assess the wider risks and wider impact of different scenarios to both clients and KPMG itself. S/he will implement procedures to achieve sound compliance and prevent deviation from professional conduct.
S/he will also be involved in the management and the development of the KPMG Economics team as a whole, including contributing to our recruitment efforts, performance appraisal, mentoring and thought leadership.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
· Top academic qualifications in economics, with a focus on industrial economics and/or microeconometrics, from a leading institution, at least at MA/MSc level (PhD desirable but not essential).
· Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
· An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non-economists, and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
· Significant experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics are an advantage, including using R, Stata and/or Python.
· Very strong command of English. Fluency in other languages desirable but not necessary.
· An ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets, on multiple projects simultaneously, and to produce deliverables of consistently high quality.
· An ability to work as part of a team, managing the input of others (including more senior and more junior colleagues where appropriate).
Experience and Background:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have:
· Significant knowledge of using microeconomics to help businesses, government and/ or regulators.
· Solid experience as an applied microeconomist working in a consulting environment and/ or in government department or regulators.
· Extensive experience in managing the economic analysis (including econometric work) for large projects.
· Extensive experience in managing resources (e.g. budgets) and teams, as well as more junior colleagues more generally.
· Experience in developing new business desirable but not essential.
As a Manager in the Economics team there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- Providing macroeconomic advice to internal and external clients
- Building bespoke economic models to assess the impact of macroeconomic factors on the client’s business
- Developing quantitative tools to forecast a variety of macroeconomic variables
- Draft Audit memo’s for IFRS9 clients summarizing plausibility and benchmarking testing performed.
- Secondments to clients to assist with specific projects
- Delivering specific advisory projects in Stress testing, IFRS9, Deal Advisory, Infrastructure and cost forecasting.
- Business development for the Economics team
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain specialist audit findings and drafting and reviewing reports
- Reporting to partners/directors all salient points arising from engagements
- Producing thought leadership pieces for clients related to economic environment
- Setting budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against the budget
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled with fees being raised promptly
- Identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, and providing support and feeding back on performance
- Providing coaching and training to KPMG staff on econometrics and macroeconomic modelling
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Writing tender documents and presenting at proposals
- Assisting partners in general business development
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- A 2.1 or First class undergraduate degree in Economics
- A 2.1 or First class Masters’ degree in economics
- No less than 5 years of experience working with another professional services firm, Financial Institution, Central Bank or Think Tank in a macroeconomics team/unit.
- Experience developing macroeconomic models and other econometrics models including dynamic factor models, Vector Autoregressive models, Bayesian models and other macroeconometric models.
- Experience mapping and tracking economic trends globally
- Understanding of DGSE models and other general equilibrium models.
- Experience of coding in R, Matlab, Stata and E-views.
Opening date: 26th of July, 2019
Closing date: 25th of August, 2019
Competitive salary and negotiable benefits
We are looking for an assistant manager with a track record in financial forecasting and analysis to be a key member of our market leading transport advisory team.
KPMG’s dedicated transport advisory team provides specialist financial, commercial and strategic advice to the transport sector, focusing on the rail and bus markets in the UK and globally. We are currently experiencing an unprecedented amount of UK rail franchise bidding activity, where KPMG is the dominant provider of financial and commercial advice. Successful candidates would initially work on these bids, working as a member of KPMG finance teams supporting client teams to generate and challenge costs and revenues to underpin their business plan to run a rail franchise for the next 5-15 years.
There will also be opportunity to work on other projects in the department. Recent projects have included market studies for public sector transport contractors, business planning for rail infrastructure owners, contract bidding in liberalising overseas markets, financial due diligence on transactions across the rail industry value chain, contract mobilisations, and customer maturity model development for a rail operator. Depending on the department’s needs and your own goals, there may be opportunity to work with our wider AAS group on projects in public sector accounting including providing technical accounting advice, undertaking assurance activities, budget and forecast analysis, accounts production and carve-out activities.
• Providing specialised financial advice and support to transport clients, particularly around UK rail franchise bidding and on other business planning and commercial support projects with the land transport sector.
• Providing financial and commercial challenge to help clients develop robust and competitive bids and forecasts.
• Serving as a member of the KPMG team on rail franchise bids, supporting the finance workstream lead and leading sub-workstreams.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
• Contributing to practice management, including thought leadership, business development activities and general practice development.
• Successful candidates are expected to become active members of KPMG’s wider transport network, developing sector knowledge to help grow the wider global transport practice.
• You will be required to undertake people management and development for more junior staff within a project.
• Engagement management.
• Please note that this role may include extensive travel within the UK (including staying away from home during the working week) and potentially travel outside of the UK.
Key skills and competencies:
• Qualified accountant (highly financially literate candidates who are not accountants will be considered if exceptional).
• Significant experience in financial planning or financial review (e.g. audit)
• Knowledge of the rail or bus industry is highly desirable, but not mandatory for strong candidates.
• Ability to motivate people.
• Willingness to learn and to try new things.
• Financial rigour, analytical ability and attention to detail.
• Interest in the UK rail or bus sector, and high-level understanding of key industry trends.
• Proven track record of being able to act on own initiative and be able to develop innovative solutions.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.