I'm looking for
Search results for "Integration & Separation"
Senior Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Service Line: Audit
Senior Data Manager
Service Line: MC Technology
The Accounting Consultation team
provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in
KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with
practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit
teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into investment
and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most technical
accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter
expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and
structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive
best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit
- Provide high quality and practical
training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG UK’s
national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus on
financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong
project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that
attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior to
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial reporting
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory
engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support
is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant managers
who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and under
guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking audit
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular
interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting policy
and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions to the
audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain
industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities including
global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller private banks.
Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within the team.
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on
financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis
of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in
provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or
Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting
standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial
Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102
sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the
written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an
ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting
- Ability to motivate a
team and lead
In KPMG's Management Consulting (MC) practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team over 5 years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
The Data capability sits within the MC Technology Enablement and we leverage data technology to help our financial services clients achieve their business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Job Description: Joining the fast growing KPMG’s Data team in financial services means you will join a talented team of exceptional data colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day.
• You will join a rapidly growing Data team in Management Consulting Financial Services and your role will encompass delivering high quality outputs across Client/Project, People and Practice work.
• You will bring SME experience in at least one of our pillars: Data architecture, Data management & governance, Data Migration and/or Data Insights/visualisation.
• You will lead the design & deliver either overall solution architecture solutions, data governance frameworks, deliver data migration, and/or insights solutions
• You will communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex data challenges
• You will build relationships and actively seek out the local/global networks best experts to address client needs and build constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• You will take a leading role in the growth of the Data team and support the development of the other team members through coaching and mentoring
• You will develop business cases for transformation programmes based on industry insight and providing the roadmap to ensure the achievement of the planned benefits
• You will work closely with leadership team to help build key propositions to go-to market
• You will raise the profile of our data services within the organisation, helping KPMG colleagues & clients understand the value of data as part of Connected Consulting
• Is able to identify opportunities, sell-on client work and make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition and practice development
• Has experience of scoping and leading projects of upwards of £500k, clients and senior stakeholders. Able to develop sales pitches & proposals to explain the value of our services
• Has specialist knowledge and technical expertise in at least one of our data pillars:
1. Data & Systems Architecture: Experience in advising the operation and implementation of a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise. Proficient in data modelling, data integration and design data platforms to support advanced analytics and AI/ML capabilities
2. Data Management & Governance: Experience in advising FS firms in their data strategy from the design of data management & governance frameworks, data standards to delivering data lineage, data quality controls, data sourcing and profiling and MDM solutions
3. Data Migration: Experience in advising in data migration related issues from strategy and scoping through to implementation and ultimate Go-Live. Working with stakeholders to define delivery model based on resources, infrastructure landscape and SME availability
4. Data Insights/Visualisation: Develop clients’ vision for data analytics in their business and help them realise how they could increase profitability and reduce risk through better sourcing, ETL and provisioning of data and benefit from benefit from trending capabilities like Data Science/ ML, Data Mining and NLP, as well as next-gen capabilities such as Cognitive Services
• Thrives on challenges and solving problems and energised and passionate to drive data solutions through to completion
• Has great presentation & communication skills. Able to describe complex technical issues in a clear, non-technical way
• Has strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships with clients & colleagues
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns, builds co-operative relationships and fosters an inclusive environment
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring to support team development and career aspirations. Nurtures, trains & develops talent
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information, building relationships across the UK and Global KPMG practice
• Has sector experience of Financial Services, with a strength in one or more of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Life Insurance; General Insurance. Relevant related sector knowledge of core business functions across front to back office and relevant key regulations (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, CDD/KYC/AML, BSBS239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, FRTB, GDPR)
• Has skills any of these technologies will be advantageous: Hadoop, AWS, MS Azure, GoogleCloud, Collibra, Informatica, SAS, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, R, Python, Spark, Scala, Alteryx, Trillium, etc.