I'm looking for
Search results for "Office of General Counsel (OGC)"
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Data Analytics Director
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Manager - Legal Services, Commercial - London
Service Line: Legal Services
ESG/Sustainability Senior Assurance Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Water - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Tax Insurance Director
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
Opening Date: 17/07/2020
Closing Date: 14/08/2020
Salary Range: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG are looking for multiple Data Analytics Directors to play a key role in delivering and taking to market our Data Analytics offering across multiple sectors. The successful candidates will need to leverage their external and internal networks to build the reputation of KPMG’s offering across Automation, Data Science, AI, and Data Engineering learning across multidisciplinary clients and engagements.
Reporting directly to the Partner of the team, the role involves overseeing and leading a team who identify, develop, sell and deliver data integrated centric solutions. The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant Data Analytics & Digital Transformation consulting engagements in multiple sectors.
- Build relationships and actively seek out the global networks best experts to address client needs.
- Communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage relationships across different teams, functions, countries and cultures to drive revenue growth.
- Provide credible solution -orientated responses to RFP’s, ensuring the appropriate expertise from across KPMG is represented in the most cohesive way to address client problems.
- Manage the growth of a high performing and dynamic team.
- Build strong client relationships and develop leading edge inspiring go to market propositions that provide growth opportunities for our people & clients.
- Own and develop new assets in the analytics space and develop thought leadership that resonates with the life science sector and positions KPMG as a leader in the space.
- Develop solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines.
- Develop competence in a broad range of technologies and framework for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Undertake technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and the design and build of solutions.
Required skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in a data or technology related subject
- Experienced in utilising technology to provide insightful analysis to life sciences clients in areas such as R+D and clinical trials.
- Experience leading large teams of 40+ in size developing and delivering analytics solutions.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth in a Consulting environment.
- Experience leading responses to RFP for analytics services and solutions.
- Credible and experienced at scoping, delivering and selling solutions in the fields of AI, Machine Learning and RPA
- Experience developing trusted client relationships and converting those into commercial opportunities
- Talent for collaborating with internal stakeholders on go to market and solution development
- Experience with FS, IGH, Life Sciences, and Retail clients
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team
You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by an established legal practice in a leading global professional services firm
You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG’s legal services capabilities
You are excited by the idea of being a member of a team that will grow significantly
You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
What KPMG Legal Services is looking for from its lawyers:
Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members
Lawyers with a passion for the law
Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally
Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Building and developing positive business relationships within and outside KPMG
Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure that our clients have comprehensive commercial law advice to support their decision-making
Working collaboratively to devise and driving forward creative legal solutions for clients
Providing our clients with a seamless multi-disciplinary legal implementation service on national and global projects
Assisting clients in the development of new businesses in the start-up phase or when wishing to enter new markets
Advising clients on the legal aspects of changes to their business models,including as a result of adoption of digital and other technologies.
Supporting clients with the legal implementation of their transformation programmes, including group restructuring, outsourcing, large scale technology programmes
Helping clients create, manage, exploit and protect their intellectual property assets.
Qualifications and Skills:
The applicant will be a commercial lawyer with experience of information technology law and agreements. The applicant will have experience in contractual drafting and negotiation gained on national and international projects, across a range of disciplines including:
Outsourcing arrangements (both ITO and BPO)
Software licensing, IT services and IT infrastructure arrangements (including public cloud and data centre arrangements)
IP licensing and also research and development agreements
The applicant should also have sufficient data protection experience to draft and advise on data transfer, data processor and data-sharing agreements.
Applicants who have some but not all of the above experience will still be considered.
Experience and Background:
The applicant must be a qualified lawyer with at least 4 years PQE
The applicant must be keen to develop and broaden his/her legal skills toinclude working on multi-disciplinary projects and being closer to the business side of these projects.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a strong performer and team player who is focussed on helping to ensure that the team successfully delivers projects for its clients. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues,he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
An interest in helping to build the team’s business and relationships will benefit the applicant.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further.
The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team.
The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events , giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication.
Experience in some of the following sectors would be considered helpful:
Financial services (banking, insurance, investment management, payment services)
Transportation (bus, rail, automobiles, mobility as a service)
Digital infrastructure, including telecoms and data centres
Summaryof role purpose
Tosupport our growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’)and non-financial information assurance business across Audit we have afantastic opportunity for a senior manager to join our team and assist inproviding large corporate companies in different sectors, including those fromthe FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics. These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG)emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains,health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investingand other non-financial information. They will be responsible for managing theseassurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. And they will also have the opportunity toprovide ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
Descriptionof the role
You will workwith directors and partners to lead sustainability/ESG assurance and reportingadvice on specific clients. You willtake responsibility for all aspects of the end to end engagement process,including: working to agree timetables, agreeing fees, overseeing the scope ofwork and deliverables, the quality of the testing and assurance fieldwork,preparing the final reporting and being responsible for coaching the team.
Leadership and Management
•Complete the second review of the documentation on the assurance file in linewith KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
•Manage engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410or equivalent.
• Review final client reporting for final review bythe director/partner.
• Coach manager and oversee work performed by the rest of theteam.
Stakeholder Interaction and Challenges
• Juggle multiple sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Oversee engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Own and strengthen client relationships.
Impact, Risk,Accountability and Governance
• Take responsibility for supporting the director/partnerin identifying and pursuing new assurance opportunities. Build your own business network, bothinternally and externally
• Identifying,researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Be responsible for engagement finances and budgeting
• Develop and improve the standardised Assurance workprogrammes
The ideal candidate will meet the followingcriteria:
• Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
• Experience (minimum 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering and managing sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410
• Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experienced in review and development of audit/Assurance working papers.
• A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree
Expertise/ technical rolerequirements
• Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
• Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
• An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Self-driven and resilient.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail .
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c200 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and internationally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We also work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is a key business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for the large clients in the sector including all of the leading UK energy and water companies. We provide in depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance issues, corporate financial management; regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, as well as other issues affecting value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as one of the most innovative advisors influencing the future of the sector.
Our business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high-quality candidate to support our Power & Utilities business, with a particular focus on the water sector.
- You would be joining the leading provider of strategic economic consultancy services in the water sector.
- While you will have specific responsibilities for contributing towards the team’s water business, there will also be opportunities to work in other sectors, primarily energy networks.
- Working closely with sector and subject matter experts you will develop to become the ‘go to’ person for water economic advice. This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of Ofwat’s regulatory framework.
- You will build relationships with key clients across the sector, as well as with other advisors (e.g. legal and engineering).
- The projects that you will advise on will be high profile and varied. For example, in recent years we have advised on the regulatory framework for the Thames Tideway Tunnel, every aspect of water companies’ business plans, bulk supply trading negotiations, Competition and Markets Authority re-determinations, major transactions, organisational transformations, and much more. If there is a large strategic project taking place in the sector, the chances are we will be advising on it.
- There is no ‘typical project’. You will need to apply a structured strategic approach to problem solving, drawing on established economic principles, while having the capacity to think creatively.
- The work will include a combination of report drafting, economic analysis, and engaging with clients.
- You will need to be comfortable managing, coaching, and mentoring junior staff on specific projects.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate to learn and develop in the sector, while taking responsibility for the quality of deliverables produced.
- You will have experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, at a regulator, or as a consultant ideally with water sector experience.
- You will have knowledge either of the regulatory frameworks for utility companies, micro-economics, or finance (ideally all three).
- You will bring excellent report writing, Excel and PowerPoint skills—strong writing and quantitative skills are a must.
- You will be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients.
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers.
Significant geo-political change, combined with ongoing tax, regulatory and accounting reform, internationally and in the UK, mean tax is a priority issue for groups operating in the banking sector. Brexit and tax reform could lead to the need for significant international restructuring, whilst the OECD BEPS project has led to numerous legislative changes and increased reporting requirements, all of which need to be addressed. To further develop our capability to respond to this market opportunity, the banking practice at KPMG needs an additional director to help build the business and develop the team.
You will be the engagement lead on tax engagements for our UK and International Insurance client base, and this will involve but is not limited to:
• Leading, developing and maintaining top tier Insurance client relationships alongside other functions;
• Driving business development and taking a lead on marketing initiatives;
• Leading on design and delivery of proposals for new business opportunities;
• Enhancing KPMG’s profile in the market by supporting KPMG's wider global network;
• Leading large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions; and
• Providing detailed technical advice covering a range of UK and international tax issues.
As an engagement leader, you are technically proficient but also comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people. Your experience and skills will show that you will:
• Promote the Tax practice within KPMG in order to encourage collaboration and increase internal leads;
• Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, knowledge and experience;
• Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery;
• Display technical strength in our specialist market;
• Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows;
• Sustain a high level of drive, show enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team;
• Display an inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community;
• Demonstrate insight and effectively apply knowledge to business and client problems; and
• Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Broad and deep Tax knowledge; and
• Successful track record of hinew business origination through both internal and external activities.