I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy & Architecture"
IT Strategy and Transformation Consultant
Service Line: MC Technology
Data Strategy & Governance Lead - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
Manager - Deal Strategy & Value Creation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Data Strategy & Governance Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Assistant Manager – Global Strategy Group
Service Line: Strategy
KPMG’s CIO Advisory practice helps clients transform theway that CIOs and their management teams manage and deliver IT services totheir customers. We help our clients to understand and exploit the constantlychanging technology ecosystem to deliver value, agility and efficiency. Incollaboration with other specialists across KPMG, we support our clients throughdigital transformation and enable them to transform their business through technology-enabledchange.
Our CIO Advisory practice is organised into the followingcapability teams:
• Tech Strategy & Effectiveness
• Tech Architecture
• IT Sourcing
• IT Service Management
Within CIO Advisory we deliver collaborative team engagements,working together across these capabilities to help our clients get the bestfrom their IT services. We are growing our team to meet an ever increasingdemand for our market leading services and are seeking your relevant expertiseand experience to join us.
- Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
- Providing compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
You will work with KPMG colleagues, client teams and withC Level client resources to:
- Bring a technology perspective to a broad range of client issues, demonstrating how technology can be used to address problems and realise opportunities
- Manage the development and delivery of IT operating models that enable clients to get the most from their technology organisation
- Develop digital and technology strategiesalongside client teams
- Provide credible advice to clients on how tooperate IT in the most effective manner
- Collaborate across our other CIO Advisorycapabilities (IT Sourcing, Tech Architecture and Service Management) to improveand transform IT services for our clients
- Work with other teams across KPMG to providesupport to clients as they undergo digital transformation
You will work within the Tech Strategy &Effectiveness capability group and with the wider KPMG firm to:
- Identify emerging trends in the market anddevelop products and services that KPMG can leverage within our client base
- Support the growth of our Tech Strategy &Effectiveness capability through developing and supporting our people
- Contribute to innovative thought leadershipon technology topics including digital transformation, technology strategy,digital operating models and delivering more effective and efficient technologyservices
- Champion how Tech Strategy &Effectiveness can help our clients deliver more effectively and achieve theirdigital and technology ambitions
You will work as part of an engagement team in a leadingcapacity to deliver high quality products and outcomes to our clients andidentify further opportunities to support them for the wider KPMG firm.
- Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listensand addresses concerns
- Builds co-operative relationships and fostersan environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Provides on-going feedback, coaching andmentoring that supports individuals’ development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functionalcommunications and sharing of information.
Experience in at least 2 of the below:
- Developing technology strategies in complex environments, with a focus on leveraging digital and emerging technologies
- IT operating model design and implementation
- IT cost optimisation and efficiency
- Digital transformation at scale
- Agile delivery methodologies, particularly atscale in large organisations
- Tenacious, passionate and thorough inapproach and style; able to adjust communication styles from C level to juniorlevel
- Self-sufficient, with leadership experience managingteams and delivering technology programmes / projects
- Consulting experience with largeorganisations
- A passion for emerging technology and drivingbusiness value
- Experienced in new technology delivery andways of working (for example Agile, DevOps)
At KPMG, yourlong-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's whyour aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities orcorporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth ofexperiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're a firm that encouragesyou to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a rolemodel, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients andour communities.
We're at ourbest when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'TheAcademy'. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and theexpectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and inreturn we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each personcan reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'The Academy', you'll have accessto communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skillsand career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, andstudent loan payments to your birthday off, we're making sure that our peoplehave an amazing experience.
While ourclient-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at timesbe based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you toachieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible workingarrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fitaround other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discussyour own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in moredetail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, wecan put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
KPMG are proudto be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract andretain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of theBusiness Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates aretreated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successfulafter the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contactany reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
In KPMG's Management Consulting (MC) practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team over 5 years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
The Data capability sits within the MC Technology Enablement and we leverage data technology to help our financial services clients achieve their business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Job Description: Joining the fast growing KPMG’s Data team in financial services means you will join a talented team of exceptional data colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day.
• You will join a rapidly growing Data team in Management Consulting Financial Services and your role will encompass delivering high quality outputs across Client/Project, People and Practice work.
• You will bring SME experience in at least one of our pillars: Data architecture, Data management & governance, Data Migration and/or Data Insights/visualisation.
• You will lead the design & deliver either overall solution architecture solutions, data governance frameworks, deliver data migration, and/or insights solutions
• You will communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex data challenges
• You will build relationships and actively seek out the local/global networks best experts to address client needs and build constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• You will take a leading role in the growth of the Data team and support the development of the other team members through coaching and mentoring
• You will develop business cases for transformation programmes based on industry insight and providing the roadmap to ensure the achievement of the planned benefits
• You will work closely with leadership team to help build key propositions to go-to market
• You will raise the profile of our data services within the organisation, helping KPMG colleagues & clients understand the value of data as part of Connected Consulting
• Is able to identify opportunities, sell-on client work and make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition and practice development
• Has experience of scoping and leading projects of upwards of £500k, clients and senior stakeholders. Able to develop sales pitches & proposals to explain the value of our services
• Has specialist knowledge and technical expertise in at least one of our data pillars:
1. Data & Systems Architecture: Experience in advising the operation and implementation of a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise. Proficient in data modelling, data integration and design data platforms to support advanced analytics and AI/ML capabilities
2. Data Management & Governance: Experience in advising FS firms in their data strategy from the design of data management & governance frameworks, data standards to delivering data lineage, data quality controls, data sourcing and profiling and MDM solutions
3. Data Migration: Experience in advising in data migration related issues from strategy and scoping through to implementation and ultimate Go-Live. Working with stakeholders to define delivery model based on resources, infrastructure landscape and SME availability
4. Data Insights/Visualisation: Develop clients’ vision for data analytics in their business and help them realise how they could increase profitability and reduce risk through better sourcing, ETL and provisioning of data and benefit from benefit from trending capabilities like Data Science/ ML, Data Mining and NLP, as well as next-gen capabilities such as Cognitive Services
• Thrives on challenges and solving problems and energised and passionate to drive data solutions through to completion
• Has great presentation & communication skills. Able to describe complex technical issues in a clear, non-technical way
• Has strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships with clients & colleagues
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns, builds co-operative relationships and fosters an inclusive environment
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring to support team development and career aspirations. Nurtures, trains & develops talent
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information, building relationships across the UK and Global KPMG practice
• Has sector experience of Financial Services, with a strength in one or more of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Life Insurance; General Insurance. Relevant related sector knowledge of core business functions across front to back office and relevant key regulations (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, CDD/KYC/AML, BSBS239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, FRTB, GDPR)
• Has skills any of these technologies will be advantageous: Hadoop, AWS, MS Azure, GoogleCloud, Collibra, Informatica, SAS, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, R, Python, Spark, Scala, Alteryx, Trillium, etc.
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £400m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
Deal Advisory has an exciting opportunity to join the Deal Strategy and Value Creation team who are developing a new Integrated Value Delivery (IVD) proposition. This will provide our clients with a holistic, integrated portfolio of implementable value creation opportunities in deal situations, underpinned by advanced data science and industry insights, delivered in a deal-speed timeframe. This team is a cross functional (commercial, operational and digital), agile capability group that will help KPMG generate revenue from broader deal value creation opportunities
We are looking for an experienced deal strategy and value creation practitioner, with a spike in either commercial, operations or digital value creation to play a key role in building out the IVD proposition and delivering high-quality engagements for our Corporate and Private Equity clients.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Play a key role in delivering IVD engagements, leading multiple workstreams, from inception to completion, which will involve:
o Hypothesis generation, data request lists, client management, team management, delivery of high-quality output.
o Able to coach junior team on all elements of delivery including storyboarding, deep analytics approaches, and specific expertise in one of the core legs of commercial, operational or digital
o Sustain a reputation for delivery excellence in the marketplace and help grow/ build our brand
- Assist with internal capability build out, which includes; proposition development, recruitment, training, go-to-market strategy development, internal stakeholder management
- Assist with business development activities through development of proposals, pitches and point of view documents, and work with team leadership to win mandates across Corporate and Private Equity clients
- Ability & willingness to travel when necessary
- Possess knowledge of Commercial and Operational Due Diligence and value creation methods, tools etc. and the ability to rapidly identify value creation opportunities for businesses in their market place, thinking innovatively to think beyond traditional ‘CDD and ODD’, and being able to perform analysis to support the hypotheses
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle (pre-deal, deal and post-deal) and the role KPMG can play within it, with proven understanding of project delivery, value identification and deal execution
- Technical and analytical skills with the proven ability to identify areas of potential value across the deal cycle, and develop an approach to assess each area
- Strong slide writing skills that provide impact, present ideas clearly in a convincing manner
- An ability to multi-task effectively and balance time
- Proven management skills, with an ability to coach junior team members to ‘think differently’ and produce high-quality output
Experience and background
- Proven experience in delivering high-quality value creation engagements in either private equity or corporates
- Commercial, Operational Due Diligence and/ or value creation engagements, working with both Private Equity and Corporations, is essential (ideally 5+ years of client-facing experience). Note, FDD experience will be less relevant for this role
- Experience in top-tier or 2nd tier strategy consulting practice would be beneficial
- Proven ability to manage teams of deal strategy and value creation practitioners that are able to successfully manage and complete multiple projects at once
- Development of high-impact proposals or point-of-view packs as part of the business development process
- Proven ability to work with other teams within a business to identify the most suitable combination of skills to deliver high-impact for clients
- Support the CDO to embed a data strategy for KPMG in the UK
- Support the building of a network of data communities across KPMG
- Help identify and support key data projects
- Implement and oversee a Data Governance framework across the enterprise to create high quality data assets.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Take responsibility for the development, deployment or purchase of required data governance tooling
Leadership & Management
At present, the office of the CDO is a very lean organisation, so there would be no line management responsibilities initially. We are in the process of establishing the size and nature of the office of the CDO so this will evolve in time. The data strategy and governance lead would be expected to input into the creation of the office of the CDO.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges
We are lucky that data is on the agenda at Board level, therefore the stakeholder interaction will include some of the most senior members of KPMG. There are also a lot of established groups across the firm who are bought-in to supporting the CDO, so there will be a lot of supporters of our activity. At the same time, there is a clear need to convince people to actually make changes to their behaviours, and this will need careful management. The data strategy and governance lead would need to interact with a large range of stakeholders across the organisation
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The data strategy and governance lead is a new role within a new team. There is a huge appetite to get the most out of our data at KPMG, and therefore there will be a lot of visibility (and potential scrutiny) of our actions and deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and embedding data governance frameworks in complex organisations
- Demonstrable experience in setting strategy
- Understanding of a professional services environment or a partnership model
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Demonstrable knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to sell an idea across all levels of the organisation
The role of the Corporates Strategy Team (part of the Global Strategy Group) is to work with our clients to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to our corporate clients.
Our propositions include:
• Growth Strategy – helping clients to design and implement growth strategies, including pricing, new product development and market entry
• Deals – advising clients on strategic investment choices including commercial due diligence
• Operating strategy & cost – supporting clients to identify, quantify, prioritise and deliver the changes required to align their operating model to their financial targets and strategic goals through approaches including zero basing, Private Equity Lens opportunity assessment ad operating model design
The main industry sectors we currently work across include:
• Aerospace & defence
• Energy & natural resources
• Healthcare & life sciences
• Consumer products
A significant and growing proportion of our work is delivered through working in teams drawn from across KPMG capabilities and service lines.
For this Assistant Manager role we are seeking candidates that have the base skills ad interest to work across our propositions and sectors, and the role will involve:
• Work as part of a team to address complex market, strategic, operational and organisational issues.
• Plan and undertake primary and secondary research to develop insightful analysis for clients.
• Design and execute data intensive analysis to support development of evidence-based insights.
• Develop business cases and business plans underpinned by robust analysis in support of strategic initiatives.
• Manage engagement work-streams and analysis, taking responsibility for small teams when required.
• Contribute to the delivery and presentation of client deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with client staff and management, often working in joint teams at client sites, in the development and delivery of recommendations.
• Be involved in business development activity, showing initiative in building relationships with clients during engagements and while at client site.
• Contribute to thought leadership and knowledge management to support practice development.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• High level of applied thinking and inquisitiveness.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen.
• A pragmatic approach to analysis and problem solving, able to implement structure and conceptual models in complex client environments
• Ability to assess information to distil the key strategic insights and convey these clearly and succinctly, both orally and in written form.
• An ability to work both collaboratively and individually; be comfortable developing answers and solutions including when the client requirements are ambiguous or changing.
• Able to form excellent working relationships both within KPMG and with clients.
• Willingness to constructively query clients, peers and leaders.
• Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations.
• Highest degree of personal and business integrity.
• Additional language skills would be a strong bonus.