I'm looking for
Search results for "Tax Managed Services"
Indirect Tax Assistant Manager (Trade & Customs)
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Tax Insurance Director
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK.
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
The role in question is with the Trade & Customs team.
Trade & Customs
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists located across the UK, working to support our national portfolio of clientswith a variety of Trade & Customs issues.. Within the team we have deep specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin andcustoms special procdures. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients; we offer a wide range of services including customsadvisory, Brexit planning, compliance reviews and preparation of duty reclaims.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of our team:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients;
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
- Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
- Developing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective;
- Working closely with senior managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Is driven and committed;
- Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities;
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback;
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff;
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Significant geo-political change, combined with ongoing tax, regulatory and accounting reform, internationally and in the UK, mean tax is a priority issue for groups operating in the banking sector. Brexit and tax reform could lead to the need for significant international restructuring, whilst the OECD BEPS project has led to numerous legislative changes and increased reporting requirements, all of which need to be addressed. To further develop our capability to respond to this market opportunity, the banking practice at KPMG needs an additional director to help build the business and develop the team.
You will be the engagement lead on tax engagements for our UK and International Insurance client base, and this will involve but is not limited to:
• Leading, developing and maintaining top tier Insurance client relationships alongside other functions;
• Driving business development and taking a lead on marketing initiatives;
• Leading on design and delivery of proposals for new business opportunities;
• Enhancing KPMG’s profile in the market by supporting KPMG's wider global network;
• Leading large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions; and
• Providing detailed technical advice covering a range of UK and international tax issues.
As an engagement leader, you are technically proficient but also comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people. Your experience and skills will show that you will:
• Promote the Tax practice within KPMG in order to encourage collaboration and increase internal leads;
• Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, knowledge and experience;
• Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery;
• Display technical strength in our specialist market;
• Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows;
• Sustain a high level of drive, show enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team;
• Display an inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community;
• Demonstrate insight and effectively apply knowledge to business and client problems; and
• Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Broad and deep Tax knowledge; and
• Successful track record of hinew business origination through both internal and external activities.
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders