Assistant Manager, Finance in M&A - Integration & Separation
Capability: Deal Advisory
Capability: Deal Advisory
Experience Level: Associate/Assistant Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Transaction Services
KPMG's Integration Advisory Team works with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and postdeal
Integration and Separation issues related to M&A or similar transactions. There are five
key proposition areas:
• Synergy evaluation – understanding the potential benefits and costs of a transaction.
• Pre-completion planning – developing high level plans for the first 100 days by work
stream, setting up programme governance and developing Day 1 plans to take control.
• First 100 days and long term implementation – fully mobilised integration team with a
prioritised set of opportunities and realisation of quick wins.
• Second wave integration – a refocused, re-energised integration process to capture the
originally envisaged benefits of the deal.
• Demerger and Separation – understanding the separation options and giving
assistance to deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 with value
preserved and business continuity ensured.
We work closely alongside our colleagues within KPMG's Transaction Services who conduct
financial, commercial and operational due diligence, providing an integrated and valueadding
service to our clients to help make their transactions successful
We work regularly on 'front page headline' deals for a client base comprising a wide range of
publicly listed corporates, private companies, private equity houses and public sector
You will gain exposure to a wide range of integration and separation projects. Your role on a
project will include:
• Providing day to day support to project office activities.
• Supporting workstream leads to fulfil their workstream objectives.
• Ownership and maintenance of financial models on an engagement.
• Contribution of content for sections of reports/deliverables.
• When you are not working on a project, you will provide support to senior colleagues
in preparation of proposal materials.
You will need to be willing to travel as we mainly work from client sites and have a global
portfolio of clients. The length of a project can be anywhere from one week to one year,
although a typical project will last a few weeks and we would aim to give you as diverse an
experience as possible.
You will likely have a background in Transaction Services, Management Consulting, or
Audit, with demonstrable exposure to project management.
• Financial awareness
• Presentation (oral and written).
• Good client relationship skills.
• Analysis and problem solving.
• Report writing.
• Individuals should be comfortable working in the high pressured yet often ambiguous and flexible conditions that characterise transactions.
• You will be looking to broaden your current skill set and will embrace the opportunity to work at client sites with a relatively high level of autonomy
• You will be a collaborative team player. We pride ourselves on the way we work with and support each other.
• You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate personal impact, flexibility, drive and dedication.
Why Deal Advisory at KPMG?
We partner with our clients to give them the confidence to make key decisions for their business. It’s all about blending our deep sector expertise with our execution skills. Whilst we operate within a robust framework, we’ll ensure you have the autonomy you need to shape the strategies behind our clients’ decisions and help influence their successes. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a collaborative mentality. You’ll be keen to share ideas and build relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders alike. You’ll also welcome different perspectives and be happy to share your own. This is your opportunity to become one of our trusted advisors and to have the resources you need to achieve everything you want in your career.Read about Deal Advisory
Our Transactions Services group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Our teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to acquiring scale or capability to exiting an investment. We collaborate across everything we do. Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Regulatory and other advisory teams. We often also work alongside KPMG teams across our global network to deliver clients seamless insight across multiple geographies.Read about Transaction Services
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
HR Integration and Separation Assistant Manager
Manager - FM - Integration & Seperation
Audit Assistant Manager
GCT Assistant Project Manager
Manager - HR M&A - Integration and Seperation