Assistant Manager – National Security – Strategy and Operations
Capability: Management Consulting
Capability: Management Consulting
Experience Level: Associate/Assistant Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Defence Consulting Strategy
Strategy and Operations are integral parts of KPMG’s Defence Consulting practice. The team advise senior clients from both government and industry on large, complex and critical strategic issues that impact their organisations. We work in multi-disciplinary teams to design and implement strategies covering a number of different areas including digital transformation, financial and commercial management, data and analytics, workforce transformation and operational delivery.
It is an exciting time to join our Defence Consulting team. We have an ambitious growth agenda, that is driven by our unique propositions and the strength of our client relationships. You will be joining a bright, talented group of individuals who are passionate both about their work and about having fun both inside and outside work.
The National Security sector is one of KPMG’s key priority sectors, designated for high growth over the next three years. In order to deliver our exciting growth plans, KPMG are recruiting experienced, market-focused consultants to join this team.
The team are seeking Assistant Managers to deliver Strategy and Operations activities on National Security engagements and to support KPMG’s growth in this market.
Due to the nature of the work, it is essential for applicants to hold current 'National Security Vetting’ aligned to a National Security organisation.
We are seeking talented individuals with experience delivering insight-led improvements in the National Security market, who can develop points of view and evidence that challenge conventional thinking and help reshape our clients’ organisations.
You will join an established and highly successful National Security practice, with the opportunity to leverage our leading strategy propositions and latest technologies, to deliver value to our clients and grow our business.
As an Assistant Manager in our team, we will expect you to:
- Contribute to the delivery of workstreams or projects in a disciplined way, managing and escalating key risks and issues where required.
- Contribute to project planning and shaping, including plans, timelines, project management and resource allocations.
- Develop clear, concise and accurate advice that helps senior leaders understand complex business issues and influences their decision-making.
- Work closely with client teams and management to develop and deliver key strategies.
- Contribute to the development of National Security credentials and proposals where required.
- Build and manage relationships with clients on a daily basis.
- Leverage your expertise and network to identify new business opportunities and contribute to the development of key value propositions in the National Security Market.
- Take a lead in thought leadership, knowledge sharing and developing relevant skills within our team.
- Supervise and develop less experienced team members whilst delivering key deliverables on time.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
You will have proven experience delivering strategic change underpinned by robust evidence and analysis, including:
- Experience delivering strategic initiatives that change an organisation’s business or operating model to address underperformance, changing market trends or digital disruption with demonstrable results.
- Experience designing and delivering operating model changes, such as changes to an organisation’s structure or governance model, or the redesign of core business processes.
- Experience designing and executing financial analyses to support key investment decisions and identify opportunities for cost saving and efficiencies.
- Experience developing business cases and business plans, underpinned by robust financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to undertake primary and secondary research to help clients assess the impact of different strategies on their organisations.
- The ability to leverage deep sector knowledge and experience to contextualise solutions to National Security clients within short timeframes.
- The ability to develop strong relationships with clients and influence decision-making.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Manager – National Security – Strategy and Operations
Manager – National Security – Technology
Assistant Manager – National Security – People Consulting
Cyber Security Assistant Manager - Risk and Regulatory
Deal Strategy and Value Creation Assistant Manager
Manager – National Security – People Consulting