Associate Director - Restructuring - North
Capability: Deal Advisory
Capability: Deal Advisory
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Either Full Time Or Part Time
Service Line: Restructuring
Apply for role
The Restructuring team in the North is looking for an Associate Director to join its team based in the Manchester Office.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
To be an effective Associate Director within the team you’ll undertake the following:
• Frequently acting as day to day lead for delivery of client advisory projects or significant insolvency workstreams, taking the role as a key contact on engagements.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders)
• Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple workstream delivery
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input
• Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals and client sales presentations
• Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s)
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
Key skills and competencies required:
• Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams, ideally on a mix of both advisory and insolvency assignments.
• Significant experience in the insolvency market.
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’ as well start teams of colleagues
• Ideally relevant insolvency qualifications (or targeting the same)
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
Why Deal Advisory at KPMG?
We partner with our clients to give them the confidence to make key decisions for their business. It’s all about blending our deep sector expertise with our execution skills. Whilst we operate within a robust framework, we’ll ensure you have the autonomy you need to shape the strategies behind our clients’ decisions and help influence their successes. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a collaborative mentality. You’ll be keen to share ideas and build relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders alike. You’ll also welcome different perspectives and be happy to share your own. This is your opportunity to become one of our trusted advisors and to have the resources you need to achieve everything you want in your career.Read about Deal Advisory
In Restructuring, we help clients to address the complex challenges that might lead them to underperform or threaten their survival. Engaged by a wide range of stakeholders, our clients include corporates, major banks, law firms, hedge funds, lenders, and public sector organisations. Our work falls into two categories: Advisory and Insolvency.Read about Restructuring
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Restructuring Associate Director, Insolvency
Associate Director, Restructuring – Special Situations Group
Associate Director - Mobility - 12 Month FTC - IAG
Associate Director - Deal Strategy & Value Creation
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Associate Director - Power & Utilities - Infrastructure Advisory Group