Associate Director, Restructuring – Special Situations Group
Capability: Deal Advisory
Capability: Deal Advisory
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Restructuring
Apply for role
KPMG’s Special Situations Group is made up of approximately 85 people, led by a team of seven partners, who are looking to enhance the delivery capability in order to support the next phase of growth.
The team delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors and situations depending on client demand.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit an Associate Director to join the team to support the future growth plans to support the broad turnaround, transformation and liquidity offerings.
The vacancy will be based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand.
• Responsibility for delivery of client projects, taking the role as day to day contact on engagements.
• Able to build and maintain strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders.
• Manage teams of colleagues delivering engagements, ensuring effective delegation and multi-work stream delivery.
• Deliver engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances.
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input.
• Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals, client sales presentations and participation in client pitch presentations.
• Coach and develop team members (and client staff) and provide high quality developmental feedback.
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s) including leading or playing a key role in a sector campaigns as many SMs do, including attendance of pitches
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for stakeholders.
• Significant involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work including participation in pitch presentations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels including Board Members and other Senior Executives.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’.
• Ability to motivate a team to deliver outstanding work.
• Desire to build wide advisory skill set and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Ability to leverage personal and firm wide networks to support lead generation.
Background & Experience
• Drive and enthusiasm.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• Demonstrable experience in leading multi-work stream advisory projects (successful candidates will need to demonstrate some experience in each of the turnaround, transformation and liquidity disciplines).
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including PE firms, Lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders ie. CST partners and sector leads.
• Experience of being involved in at least one sector campaign.
Why Deal Advisory at KPMG?
We partner with our clients to give them the confidence to make key decisions for their business. It’s all about blending our deep sector expertise with our execution skills. Whilst we operate within a robust framework, we’ll ensure you have the autonomy you need to shape the strategies behind our clients’ decisions and help influence their successes. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a collaborative mentality. You’ll be keen to share ideas and build relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders alike. You’ll also welcome different perspectives and be happy to share your own. This is your opportunity to become one of our trusted advisors and to have the resources you need to achieve everything you want in your career.Read about Deal Advisory
In Restructuring, we help clients to address the complex challenges that might lead them to underperform or threaten their survival. Engaged by a wide range of stakeholders, our clients include corporates, major banks, law firms, hedge funds, lenders, and public sector organisations. Our work falls into two categories: Advisory and Insolvency.Read about Restructuring
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Manager - Restructuring - Special Situations Group
Restructuring Associate Director, Insolvency
Associate Director - Restructuring - North
Associate Director - Power & Utilities - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Associate Director - Mobility - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Associate Director - Deal Strategy & Value Creation