Assurance Senior Managers - Corporates
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Audit
Our Corporates Assurance business works with a range of companies in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100. We provide a broad range of Assurance (audit related) services both to audit and non-audit clients including:
- formal Assurance opinions under ISAE 3000
- grant claims Assurance
- ad hoc Agreed Upon Procedures (AUPs)
- Assurance required by regulations (e.g. in the energy sector)
To support our objective of centralising and growing our Assurance work across Corporates Audit we have fantastic opportunities for Senior Managers to join our team. They will be responsible for overseeing and delivering Assurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub, and for driving forward our growth plans. The roles are based in London and can offer a flexible working schedule based on arrangements to be agreed.
- Leading a variety of Assurance engagements, from start to finish, including overall project management.
- Managing and mentoring a team of managers, assistant managers and juniors who will be part of the Assurance team.
- Working directly with Audit risk management to determine acceptable forms of Assurance to be provided to clients and building a quality framework for delivering our work.
- Own and strengthen key client relationships where leading Assurance engagements.
- Identify new opportunities with existing clients.
- Develop new business networks, both externally and within KPMG.
- Taking a leading role in driving our Assurance business growth objectives. To include being a client account owner and/or developing and presenting proposal documents at client pitches.
- Taking ownership for key parts of our business plan, including internal/external marketing and financial forecasting/analysis.
- Engaging in initiatives to develop new technology/data & analytics for delivering Assurance engagements. This may include working with specialist teams and developing delivery tools.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent.
- Recent and extensive experience with reviewing and developing Audit/Assurance working papers at a senior manager level in either a Big 4 or mid-tier firm.
- Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Strong track record of project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
- Solid ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals (internal and external) at different levels of seniority, both in writing and verbally.
- Very good IT literacy, including Excel and Word.
- The desire to work in a diverse environment and undertake new challenges.
- Strong ability to monitor and uphold high quality of service to clients (internal and external).
Opening date: 17th March 2020
Closing date: 15th April 2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Why Audit at KPMG?
Audit is at the core of KPMG. With a global team of over 4,000 people, as of May 2017 we serve more listed companies than any other professional services firm. Here in the UK, we serve thousands of clients – from some of the largest multi nationals and best-known brands to public bodies and individual entrepreneurs. Joining us is an opportunity to get to grips with different types of organisations, gain new insights and truly advance your professional skill-set.Read about Audit
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
ESG/Sustainability Assurance Manager - Corporates
ESG/Sustainability Senior Assurance Manager - Corporates
Credit Risk Assurance Senior Manager
Audit Senior Manager - Corporates
Manager - Credit Risk Assurance - Leeds
Credit Risk Assurance Manager