Climate Risk Modelling - Assistant Manager
Capability: Risk Consulting
Capability: Risk Consulting
Experience Level: Associate/Assistant Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: FRM
The Banking Risk and Regulatory team within KPMG’s Risk Consulting group supports our banking clients to effectively manage the wide range of risks to which they are exposed, including financial, reputational and operational risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including regulatory compliance, risk management frameworks and financial risk modelling.
The role combines risk modelling, stress testing and regulatory advice to support clients on their climate risk framework and strategy. The successful candidate will work across multiple engagements to support our banking clients to understand and quantify the impact of climate risk on their business, particularly the loan portfolio and support the embedment of climate risk management within their existing risk management framework and credit risk processes.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about climate change who can bring existing credit risk management and modelling expertise and experience to the team to support the development of our climate risk proposition.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm with practical experience in credit risk modelling
• Experience in quantification of climate risk hugely advantageous
• Strong analytical, science and/or mathematical-based background with an interest in the area of climate risk
• Detailed working knowledge and experience of model development and validation
• Basic understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how it may impact a Bank’s loan portfolio is advantageous
• Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations in relation to climate risk
• Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation advantageous
Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours
• Undergraduate degree in analytical field, such as mathematics or statistics
• Ability and desire to do own research and apply existing modelling expertise to new emerging areas such as climate risk modelling
• Ability to understand and execute programming code such as R, Python, SAS
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups and develop strong networks.
• Flexible, willing to learn and adapt to new responsibilities.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Banking Risk Consultant - Climate Risk Modelling - Manager
ESG Specialist (Climate Risk - Modelling) Senior Manager
Banking Risk Consultant - Climate Risk - Manager
Macro-Economics Manager - Climate Change
Financial Modelling Assistant Manager - Corporates (Bristol)
ESG Specialist (Climate Risk - Frameworks) Senior Manager