Data Analytics Senior Manager – Corporates
Capability: Risk Consulting
Capability: Risk Consulting
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: RC Technology
Apply for role
Technology Risk Consulting (Corporates) team services large national and international corporate clients including Power & Utilities, FMCGs, Pharma. Our engagements often take place in an international context which requires us to provide services across the globe, often in close cooperation with other KPMG offices.
Tech Risk is a fast growing department that currently consists of about 80 professionals of which roughly 60 are based in our Canary Wharf office on Canada Square in London. Our services are of both an assurance and advisory nature and include:
• Data Analytics
• IT Security and Risk Management
• IT in the External Audit
• IT External & Internal Audit
• Systems Regulatory Assurance
• Independent Programme and Project Assurance
• ERP & Business Systems including GRC
• Revenue assurance
Within this team a key objective is to grow our capability and size of our Data Analytics offerings into the market, as part of a wider strategic plan to build and grow our Data Analytics team in Risk Assurance. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit engagements. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across of range of corporate clients.
Typical activities include:
• Responsibility for quality, value add and timely delivery of the overall output from client engagements
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables
• Building and managing excellent client relationships (typically at CIO / CFO/ Project Sponsor level)
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations
• Coaching and developing team members on engagements
A Senior Manager with will be responsible for driving growth and building a team in Data Analytics, developing new business from existing clients and new prospects, building deep and enduring relationships with blue chip organisations and establishing themselves as a subject matter expert in this type of assurance and consulting support.
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following:
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities related to Data Analytics, as well as managing sales activities such as responding to RFPs/ audit tenders, bid management, proposal writing and client presentations.
• Leading multiple Data Analytics assurance and/or advisory engagements
• Responsibility for the overall output from client engagements.
• Overseeing the scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables.
• Building and managing excellent networks and client relationships (typically at CIO, CFO and Head of Internal Audit level) across a range of organisations.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, promoting the Data Analytics capability of the value it could add to their engagements.
• Be responsible for expanding Data Analytics services in Corporates clients, e.g. B2C and B2B. whilst also being able to work across a range of other sectors.
• Coaching and developing team members, both as Data Analytics specialists, but also training wider Technology Risk Consulting team members to become skilled in certain areas (e.g. selling Data Analytics, technical knowledge, building solutions etc.).
• Developing competence in a broad range of technologies and frameworks for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle
• Leading product development and innovation in the use of data and analytics technologies, to ensure that KPMG’s offering remains market leading on a global scale.
Experience and Background
• Experience in business and data analysis and understanding of core business and financial processes within clients’ markets.
• Experience in Enterprise performance management and understanding how an organisation uses Management Information to make decisions.
• Experience in some of the following or similar technology areas:
• Data Analytics (SQL)
• Data Reporting (Excel, VBA, PowerBI)
• Solution Building
• Big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment.
• A good understanding of technology platforms supporting the industry
• Ability to present on specific industry subjects to a large group of people
• An understanding of system risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships
• Ability to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
Successful candidates will display a combination of the following:
• Proven experience in identifying and developing sales opportunities.
• Strong people management skills.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and first rate interpersonal skills at all levels.
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people (both internal and clients/ potential clients).
• Ability to break down technical data analysis into accessible business terms, which express clear opinions to all levels and are applied to the wider business environment.
• Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships.
• Ability to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality.
• Excellent team player, but also able to excel working on own initiative.
• Ability to identify, understand and adopt new technologies and innovations, and assess and explain the value to KPMG of developing these within the SAP capability.
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven experience of successfully delivering technology based consulting services, particularly related to Data Analytics.
• Masters degree or MBA.
• Big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
• Significant experience in industry or professional services.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Senior Manager - Corporates Technology - Data and Analytics
Manager – Corporates Consulting – Customer Data/Analytics
Assurance Senior Manager - Corporates
Data Analytics Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager Infratech (Technology and Data Analytics)