Director, Consulting - Powered Customer
Location: Aberdeen, Birmingham & Other locations
Location: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Leeds, Leeds Broadgate, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle upon Tyne, Norwich, Nottingham, Plymouth, Reading, Sheffield, South Coast, Watford
Experience Level: Director
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Customer
Contract type: Permanent
Our clients are facing a future of massive disruption driven by shifting customer and consumer expectations and behaviours, digital technology, advanced analytics, new competition, and regulatory change. KPMG is expanding its Corporates Management Consulting team to help our clients to successfully navigate this disruption and take advantage of new opportunities.
Our ambition is to become the digital transformation go-to partner for our clients, helping them to deliver greater business value from their marketing, sales, commerce and service functions and capabilities. Through our Powered Customer proposition, we deliver accelerated enterprise business transformation using cloud-based solutions, pre-designed assets and leading practices to enable our clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker, more outcome focused implementations with faster return on investment. Our approach and solutions combine the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading advisory and technology practices, capabilities and insight to drive real transformation, real change, real outcomes.
You will join the KPMG Customer team within Consulting, sitting in our transformation capability. The role will focus on our Powered Customer proposition, which leverages our Salesforce and Microsoft technology expertise and alliances to design, build and deliver solutions that unlock value. Our management consultants and our technology consultants are the same – client focused, functional advice combined with technology enablement, one team, one dialogue, driving change and outcomes.
We need high-performing individuals with knowledge and experience of transforming customer-facing functions and operations (Marketing, Sales, Ecommerce, Field Service, Customer Service). We are looking for individuals who can help clients to maximise the ROI and business value from their Salesforce estate, who represent the commercial and business performance requirements. We want individuals who understand the technology but can shape and define the strategic business transformation agenda. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, sales origination, and client delivery.
This is a senior, client facing role which focuses on selling and leading large customer-centric CRM-based change programmes. As a Director you are responsible for driving the connected customer agenda, bringing the best capabilities for improving customer experience and building and maintaining senior client relationships. The Director has a track record of working across industries, with significant experience of Corporates’ target sectors.
This role is focused on building and leading teams of consultants and technologists to win and deliver Salesforce enabled projects. Our projects are rarely stand-alone, and the successful candidate will need to work with capabilities and solutions drawn from across broader KPMG.
Directors have a strong business development element to their role which involves building relationships internally as well as with our key target clients to identify and shape future opportunities. The role will involve working across the firm to develop tailored propositions; and engaging our clients with these value propositions.
The Director’s key responsibilities include to:
- Have a strong, working knowledge of strategic CRM investments and initiatives across the front-office functions and how to structure these into a transformation project
- Developing projects’ business case and benefits tracking
- Work with our Connected Technology Salesforce and Microsoft teams to prototype, test, integrate technology
- Lead the origination of client’s solutions and to lead the bidding, winning, and delivering of CRM-enabled digital transformation engagements of significant size and scope.
- Build new and maintain existing client relationships to generate longer-term revenue
- Help clients focus on generating value through their CRM and front-office investments, with a clear performance focus and value creation.
- Support the Powered Customer lead and overall Customer leadership team together with origination and Go-To-Market plans
- Ensure that projects or their work-streams within a large engagement are effectively scoped, managed and delivered on time, to budget and within agreed risk frameworks.
- Experience leading local and distributed teams effectively
- Experience of multi-cloud and vendor solutions such as Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud
- Interested and experience in business development activities, responding to RFPs from a technical and commercial perspective
- Experience of end-to-end solution delivery, from requirements gathering workshops all the way through to post-implementation support and adoption analysis
Experience and Background
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic to join a dynamic and fast-growing part of our business, and who will play a key role in delivering Powered Customer projects in the UK.
- Comes from a consulting or technology services background or industry-based CRM programme delivery background with experience of designing, building, and delivering solutions.
- Have experience of CRM-enabled transformation across front-office functions.
- Comes with experience of working in one of these industries – FMCG, retail, automotive, utilities, business services, manufacturing, or telco.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in tackling complex assignments, balancing competing priorities and managing multiple stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
More specifically the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- Significant experience in front-office functional transformation based on Salesforce or Microsoft CRM solution stacks
- Excellent project and programme management skills including experience in large cross functional and/or cross geographical programmes
- Experience in managing client relationships
- Leading bid teams, including demonstrable examples of winning revenue for a business
- Articulate the value of the CRM platform technologies in business to a non-technical audience in a clear and compelling fashion.
- Strong understanding of the application of agile methodology
- Creative problem-solving ability, inquisitive mind-set, comfortable with working in ambiguous situations. Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent commercial and deal-creation skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality assignments under time pressure.
- Ability to grow and develop people working for them.
Why Consulting at KPMG?
Technology is a critical focus for us. It underpins everything we do. We're investing in technology like never before – not least because the pace of technological change is disrupting organisations in new and challenging ways. Through advanced data analytics and emerging tech-enabled solutions like AI and machine learning, we're helping clients across diverse sectors to navigate that change. We enable them to avoid any unnecessary risks and to uncover new, transformative opportunities that could give them a competitive edge. A career here means stretching your skills and honing your expertise by solving complex problems as part of a collaborative, results-driven and supportive team. Whether we're helping our clients to reduce their costs, make better decisions, improve efficiencies or deploy the latest technologies, we bring together broad specialisms and talents to deliver robust, connected solutions.Read about Consulting
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Powered Finance Director
IGH Connected Customer Director
Powered Finance Director
Financial Services Customer Engagement Platform (CRM) Director
Director - Marketing Proposition Lead, Connected Customer
Director - Customer Experience and distribution WAM