Forensic Consulting Director - Investigations & Compliance
Experience Level: Director
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Inv & Compliance
Contract type: Permanent
Investigations and Compliance (I&C) is part of KPMG’s Forensic practice. We help clients with their biggest and most challenging crisis management, misconduct and integrity matters. Our work helps clients respond to regulatory enquiries, reduce reputational risk and prevent or reduce commercial loss by helping them to investigate and mitigate risks including fraud and misconduct, bribery and corruption, financial crime and much more. We have an exciting pipeline of work and ambitious growth targets and are looking for experienced and enthusiastic individuals to join our talented team.
We are seeking an experienced Director to join our I&C team, primarily to lead investigations for various clients.
The individual will also be required to work on engagements that help clients to prevent and mitigate the risk of fraud, bribery and corruption and other areas of financial crime. These projects might include, for example, fraudulent financial reporting, fraud risk management, regulatory compliance, and integrity due diligence assignments.
The role undertaken by the individual will depend on the type and circumstances of each project.
The candidate should expect to work on a variety of project-based work over a cross section of forensic work types, industries and geographies.
Each project will generally incorporate the review and assessment of documentation, drafting of written reports/submissions and client liaison. As a Director you will be expected to actively pursue business development, leveraging your experience and network.
In addition, the candidate will be required to lead delivery, meaning leadership of the engagement and dealing directly with senior management at the client, the client’s external counsel, senior members of the KPMG team and other third parties as required. You will also be expected to oversee and train junior colleagues and take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of project deliverables.
The individual will be based in KPMG’s CSQ office working under KPMG’s hybrid working model of both home and office working. The individual will need to display a flexible attitude to working and be prepared to travel/work at other locations within the UK and internationally.
Qualifications and Skills:
Chartered Professional Accountant or equivalent is preferred. An additional legal or fraud related qualification is also preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
- To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- A proven track record in originating opportunities and leading written and/or oral proposals to clients
- A developed network of relevant contacts in the market
- Development of thought leadership material and continuous development of market profile
- An enthusiasm to get involved in marketing activity and in developing the Forensic practice
- Practical and recent experience of leading Forensic investigations with a strong understanding of market leading investigative techniques, such as interviewing, e-review and financial analysis
- A strong understanding of and practical experience working with core Forensic technology tools, such as Relativity, Brainspace and others
- Experience of delivering risk management and/or compliance-based engagements in areas such as fraud, bribery and corruption, tax evasion facilitation, modern slavery and other areas of financial crime is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of managing large and complex projects
- Experience in scoping and defining Forensic projects
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams
- Proven track record of managing the risks and financials associated with client engagements
- Experience of drafting reports, submissions and other deliverables to a high standard, suitable for presentation to clients
- Ability to articulate complex and technical findings in both written and oral presentations for a variety of audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivation and an enquiring mind
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Ability to establish credibility with clients and senior colleagues quickly and ability to demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong people skills, including an ability to conduct appraisals, inspire and develop junior colleagues
Why Consulting at KPMG?
Technology is a critical focus for us. It underpins everything we do. We're investing in technology like never before – not least because the pace of technological change is disrupting organisations in new and challenging ways. Through advanced data analytics and emerging tech-enabled solutions like AI and machine learning, we're helping clients across diverse sectors to navigate that change. We enable them to avoid any unnecessary risks and to uncover new, transformative opportunities that could give them a competitive edge. A career here means stretching your skills and honing your expertise by solving complex problems as part of a collaborative, results-driven and supportive team. Whether we're helping our clients to reduce their costs, make better decisions, improve efficiencies or deploy the latest technologies, we bring together broad specialisms and talents to deliver robust, connected solutions.Read about Consulting
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Senior Manager - Investigations & Compliance (ESG)
Director, Consulting - Powered Customer
Graduate Consulting - Forensic (Intensive) Bristol Autumn 2022
Forensic Technology Manager - Forensic
Forensic Technology Analyst- Forensic
Forensic Technology Manager - Forensic