Forensic Technology – Data Analyst
Capability: Risk Consulting
Capability: Risk Consulting
Experience Level: Junior Professional
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Forensic
Apply for role
Forensic Technology (FTech) supports clients and their legal advisors in response to litigation, civil
disputes, investigations, regulatory, and M&A matters. FTech assist their clients through the
preservation, collection, processing, reporting, and analysis of electronically stored information (ESI)
such as emails, chat messages, and electronic documents.
The projects are often time critical and include global clients with footprints around the world,
providing opportunities to work with other overseas offices including on site attendance. Many
projects have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and communities, with matters
occasionally featuring on international headlines.
FTech are looking for data specialists who are able to extract, store, enhance, and investigate large
volumes of unstructured data by leveraging market-leading technologies and methodologies.
Data analysts support the delivery work on a range of engagements. This will include:
- Responding to client requests and queries with supervision from project managers.
- Creating and updating data trackers, dashboards, and reports.
- Verifying, validating and analysing data that has been collected or received from clients.
- Preparing and normalising unstructured data from a range of data sources: email, electronic
documents, instant messaging, chat data, audio data and more.
- Assisting with forensic data collections.
- Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
- Delivering client based training on our review systems via WebEx or to an audience.
- Contributing to business development through market research, consolidating credentials,
and creating slide decks.
- Assisting with evidence and media tracking.
- Researching and testing new software.
Strong candidates would have exposure to a combination of the following career profiles, or deep
expertise in at least one specialism. Successful candidates will not be expected to only stick to their
backgrounds; team members are encouraged to widen their horizons and take advantage of
available development opportunities.
- Familiarity with creating dashboard visualisations using Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, Kibana,
- Good understanding of data querying methods to produce reports from Microsoft SQL
- Experience in simple data transformation using Excel, Alteryx, scripts, and/or regular
- Understanding of best practices for database schemas and data normalisation.
- Able to clearly communicate and explain findings from data analysis to non-technical people.
- Background in statistics, databases, information management, economics, business intelligence, and related areas.
- Experience in integrating systems and applications through APIs, e.g. REST, and XML/JSON.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python, and VBA.
- Understanding of software development methodologies and tools, e.g. IDEs, Git, Agile, unit tests.
- Proven ability of translating business needs into technical requirements.
- Knowledge of SQL and database operations would be advantageous.
- Background in computer science, software development, mathematics, and related areas.
Computer Forensics and E-Disclosure
- Worked in a professional services environment assisting with the delivery of eDisclosure/Investigations.
- Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
- Familiarity with forensic best practices, e.g. evidence handling, chain of custody, metadata preservation, etc.
- Experience in handling and analysing unstructured data sources such as emails, network shares, and laptops.
- Experience in liaising with clients on basic requests and delivering software training.
- Proficient in eDisclosure tools such as EnCase, Nuix, Relativity, Recommind, Ringtail, or similar.
All candidates are expected to have a number of the following qualities:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think through and solve problems independently.
- Proactive in taking ownership of tasks and managing expectations.
- Keen to learn industry-specific software and in-house processes.
- Able to work in a high-pressured environment.
- Experience in a professional environment or role is desirable.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Forensic Technology – Assistant Manager
Analyst, Data & Analytics
Senior Manager - Corporates Technology - Data and Analytics
Senior Insight Analyst - Glasgow