Global Collaboration & Knowledge Community Manager
Capability: KPMG Business Services
Capability: KPMG Business Services
Experience Level: Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: IHQ
The Global Collaboration and Knowledge department reports to the Global Head of GC&K and works collaboratively across several teams to deliver an integrated GC&K service. We work closely with functions and member firms to provide collaboration and knowledge programs and products that enable KPMG employees to turn knowledge into insights and value for KPMG and our clients.
Communities are made-up of experts or people with a common interest. They enable richer relationships to be developed, trust to be established and target outcomes to be achieved and rewarded. The GC&K Community Enablement Program will enable KPMG to leverage best-practice community management approaches to achieve business goals such as:
- More effectively supporting clients through peer-to-peer knowledge sharing.
- More quickly ramping-up new employees by giving them access to the tacit expertise of peers
- Accelerating and improving innovation cycles by better connecting market needs and internal expertise through co-creation, ideation and iterative feedback loops.
- Reducing duplication by encouraging and enabling employees to easily share their expertise.
- More effectively recognizing and rewarding the expertise of community members.
- Reacting more quickly and effectively to market opportunities or threats.
You will support the Community Enablement strategy. They will own and lead the delivery of best practice community enablement services to KPMG firms and functions.
They will be skilled at developing effective community strategies. They will be able to track the way business goals and community goals align. They will create community strategies that balance the business goals with the needs of community members. They will effectively balance the need for short term wins with identifying where investment is required to sustain deep and lasting community engagement. They will balance the purpose of the community with the direction members may want to take it.
You will understand how both emergent leaders (community advocates) and formal leaders (Partners) influence community performance. They will be skilled at securing Partner sponsorship and participation as well as emergent community leadership and involvement in the community ecosystem.
They will understand the cultural norms and dynamics of communities and their impact on participation and engagement. They will be skilled at ensuring productive communities, enabling progress towards business goals by encouraging member engagement, and evangelizing the effort internally - to individuals, a team or the broader firm network.
They will be skilled at the tools, technology infrastructure and features that give members access to content, activity and each other. They will understand how measurement of community initiatives helps business groups understand why they are taking particular approaches and what results they are seeing when they do.
- 20% — Supports the Community Enablement in developing the overarching governance framework, policies, methods, tools and related resources required to establish, maintain and monitor a best-practice Community Enablement program.
- 30% — Working across multiple projects, the Community Strategist leads the development of community strategies in conjunction with business stakeholders including helping to identify community objectives that address business problems and trigger the creation of value. Develops a community roadmap to translate the strategy into action by outlining the key activities, milestones and resources required for effective outcomes.
- 10% — Determines how best to apply methods, tools and related program governance when establishing communities. Plans how to apply community management techniques strategically in ways that encourage and reward behaviour change.
- 15% — Ensures the proper integration of relevant C&K offerings into the community. Develops a content and tools strategy aligned with the community strategy in partnership with community stakeholders and C&K colleagues. Researches and recommends tools and techniques that enable engagement and behaviour change.
- 10% — Use tools and templates to help frame metrics that matter to the community and that support a value-centric narrative of community growth and ROI. Analyses metrics data to understand and assess the performance of the community.
- 10% — Advocates for and builds support for the community internally. Monitors and listens to understand stakeholder and community member needs.
- 5% — Works jointly with the GC&K team members to provide input into forums and Steering Groups to ensure that Community Enablement requirements are considered and met.
- Champion inclusion: Creates an environment in which all people feel like they belong
- Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
- Advance an ethical environment: Takes personal responsibility for the ethical environment of the firm and encourages others to do the same
- Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
- Make sound decisions: Exercises sound ethical and business judgment when making decisions
- Foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
- Demonstrate self-awareness: Focuses on self-development and continuous learning, using insight to build capability and confidence
- Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
- Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instils confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint, 0365 and web technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of digital technologies and how these are evolving. Strong grounding in collaboration & knowledge, including portals, people findability, enterprise collaboration technologies, content management systems and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of knowledge and collaboration platform best practices, principles and emerging technologies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of analytics for knowledge and collaboration and how it can enhance business activity in a global environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of complex technologies and services in the marketplace.
As subject matter experts in community management, you will have a clear perspective on how to optimize and measure community performance, they will have strong analytical and technical skills and be good decision makers. They will be skilled in community analysis, community architecture, community models and the ability to understand the interdependencies between different pieces of a community ecosystem. They will be able to apply a critical and analytical perspective to make actionable and measurable recommendations for the community’s roadmap. Will be able to clearly identify the shared value of their communities. Strong leadership and business skills to establish and manage communities and to contribute to the shaping of the community enablement program.
Why KPMG Business Services at KPMG?
Every day our firm performs better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. The difference we make shines through to our people and our clients. We’re KPMG Business Services (KBS). We’re a cross-functional team, bringing together experts across a wide range of critical activities which help to grow, run and protect our business. From HR and Learning, Finance, Procurement, Facilities and Operations, through to Risk and Legal, Corporate Affairs, and Market Development, our approach is focused on driving the improved performance of the firm. We work shoulder to shoulder with our client-facing teams and we focus on delivering our services in ways which help to drive efficiency, improve quality and enhance our firm’s brand and reputation.Read about KPMG Business Services
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Manager – GMS - Global Compensation Service
Manager - Global Compliance & Transformation - Corporate Accounting
Tax Manager - People Services , Global Mobility, London
Tax Manager - Global Compliance Managed Services (GCT)
Tax Manager - Global Compliance and Transformation, Technical
Tax Manager - Global Compliance and Transformation - Transformation