Graduate Pensions - Actuarial Bristol Autumn 2020
Experience Level: Graduate
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Pensions - Actuarial
People are at the heart of our business. We celebrate our differences and seek out the individual potential in everyone. And when clients value their people as much as we do, pensions tend to be firmly on their agenda. So whilst the word 'pensions' may conjure up images of retiring and taking things easy, a career in this demanding sector is anything but sedate.
For many organisations and Trustee groups, a detailed pensions strategy is one of the cornerstones of financial health. Very much a hot topic in public debate, the pensions industry is the subject of governmental scrutiny, new legislation and a high profile field where you’ll develop a wide range of consultancy skills.
A career in Pensions requires both a high level of numeracy and communication skills – as well as the enthusiasm and drive needed to gain professional qualifications and succeed in a fast moving market. Whilst it won’t be easy, this Graduate Programme offers the chance to build a strong foundation in a fascinating industry.
Sign up to our Talent Community below to receive KPMG news and career information, and be one of the first to hear about our graduate opportunities.
- Programme Length:
- Dependent on qualification pathway and progression
- Study towards becoming a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
- Entry Requirements:
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements (*or equivalents)
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 300 UCAS* tariff points, which must include a B in Maths A-Level
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
Please note, we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-Level grades and do not accept General Studies.
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside a number of other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG.
- Key Skills:
Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths.
To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for in our graduates at KPMG.
Learn more about what we look for and how to apply here.
- Training and Development:
As a graduate in our Pensions Actuarial team, you’ll enjoy a range of training and development opportunities to study towards becoming a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. So, as well as study support and guidance to help you on your way to becoming a qualified Actuary, you’ll benefit from:
- On-the-job training on a regular basis
- A graduate induction event
- Specific technical and softer skills training on a national basis
- Regular technical training and opportunities to develop wider market knowledge throughout your career within pensions
- A wide range of instructor-led and self-study courses through the KPMG Business School, including consultancy and softer skills
- A buddy from your first day to help you settle in
- A Study Mentor who helps advise and guide students through the study and exam process
- A Performance Manager to support you with your progress, performance and any work or HR-related issues.
- Additional Information:
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Graduate Pensions - Actuarial Birmingham Autumn 2020
Graduate Pensions - Actuarial Edinburgh Autumn 2020
Graduate Pensions - Actuarial Manchester Autumn 2020
Graduate Pensions - Actuarial Leeds Autumn 2020
Graduate Pensions - Actuarial Glasgow Autumn 2020