Macro-Economics Manager - Climate Change
Capability: Risk Consulting
Capability: Risk Consulting
Experience Level: Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Forensic
KPMG’s Economics team serves a diverse international client base, advising firms on a broad range of high- profile issues, from strategy, to financial stability to impact of regulatory changes as well as competition issues across a variety of industries.
The practice spans a number of functional areas, with core skills ranging from micro and macro-economics, competition and regulatory economics, micro and macro-econometrics, regulatory strategy, cost modelling, pricing and regulatory finance and accounting.
In the macro-economic space, engagements include IFRS9 economic scenario assistance on KPMG-audited entities and advisory banks; stress testing for financial institutions and forecasting market and sector outlook for our deals advisory clients. Our team of economists works closely with leading academic advisors, drawing on in-depth sector knowledge from experts within the KPMG network, to deliver high quality economic advice to our clients.
KPMG’s Economics team sits within KPMG Forensic, and is part of KPMG’s Risk Consulting group.
The highly successful Economics practice at KPMG is looking to accelerate its recent growth. The team typically works with clients at board level, offering interesting and varied work, and the opportunity to earn substantial rewards by expanding our successful practice in the UK and across Europe.
KPMG is seeking a Manager with significant CGE modelling expertise to join our growing macroeconomics team. The macroeconomics team advises clients on the impact of future economic conditions on client’s business.
The role will involve enhancing our CGE modelling capabilities, in particular in relation to the economics of climate change, collaborating with leading academics and working closely with KPMG’s broader climate change modelling practice.
• Enhancing and developing the in-house CGE model
• Evaluate and where appropriate initiate development of climate economics tools, modelling and conceptual frameworks
• Drafting methodology papers and client reports
• Conducting technical modelling and presenting to internal and external stakeholders
• Contributing to proposals and pitches
• Managing engagement risk process
• Managing engagements including scoping, resourcing, budget monitoring, analysis, report writing
• Providing coaching and training to other team members
• PhD in economics or a closely related discipline (or comparable professional experience)
• Proven experience in developing CGE models and simulation programs to address a variety of economic policy issues
• Proficiency with the GEMPACK suite of programs is essential (and GAMS/Python is an advantage)
• Strong analytical skills in CGE modelling and excellent command of applied economic theory
• Three years of full-time relevant professional experience in research and applied policy
• Flexibility and adaptability to work across diverse projects and to use different economic tools
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing
• An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non- economists and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situation
• Proven teamwork and successful experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience of engaging with research/policy stakeholders is desirable
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Manager – Climate Risk and Decarbonisation
Climate Risk Modelling - Assistant Manager
Banking Risk Consultant - Climate Risk - Manager
Director, Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
Manager - Behavioural Change Management (BCM) - UK Wide
Assistant Manager - Behavioural Change Management (BCM) - UK Wide