Manager - Corporate Tax - TPL Managed Services
Experience Level: Manager
Type: Either Full Time Or Part Time
Service Line: Tax Central
Apply for role
TPL Managed Services has challenged and modernised the way that we deliver tax compliance services, by centralising the activities relating to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns. Our vision is to build a more efficient and effective service for our clients.
We are now looking for a talented Tax Manager with UK corporate tax experience to join us here.
This role can be based in Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester or London
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients.
This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore partners (who manage processing aspects), to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
The corporate tax team based in TPL Managed Services is an integral part of our overall offering to clients. The roles involve working on clients of all sizes (from mid-market to FTSE listed groups) and across a wide range of sectors.
We are offering both full time and part time roles with flexible working arrangements which include early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
• Oversee the work of assistant managers, providing coaching and technical guidance as part of the overall review process.
• Work with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and ensure that these are reflected in the final computation and return.
• Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
• On more complex clients, act as the main point of liaison with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
• Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
• Carry out a full manager review of computations and other deliverables prior to sending to clients and HMRC.
• Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
• Develop and maintain relationships and liaise with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
• Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
• Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Qualifications and Skills
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Experience and Background
• Experience of manager level review of corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process.
• Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; UK GAAP tax accounting for groups.
• Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience of managing and / or coaching junior staff, in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent team work, management and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
• Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Manager - Corporate Tax - TPL Managed Services
Project Manager, Managed Services
Solutions & Digital
Manager - Corporate Tax - Glasgow/Manchester/London/Birmingham
Corporate Tax Senior Manager - Banking
Corporate Tax Manager - Reading