Manager Tech Strategy & Effectiveness
Experience Level: Manager
Type: Either Full Time Or Part Time
Service Line: Connected Technology
Job Title: Manager - Tech Strategy & Effectiveness
Service Line: Tech Strategy
KPMG’s Technology Strategy practice helps clients transform the way that CIOs and their management teams manage and deliver IT services to their customers. We help our clients to understand and exploit the constantly changing technology ecosystem to deliver value, agility and efficiency. In collaboration with other specialists across KPMG, we support our clients through digital transformation and enable them to transform their business through technology-enabled change.
Within Technology Strategy we deliver collaborative team engagements, working together across these capabilities to help our clients get the best from their IT services. We are growing our team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market-leading services in the Aerospace & Defence sector and are seeking your relevant expertise and experience to join us. This is a sector that not only has an ambitious agenda for growth, and is one of KPMG’s priority sectors, but where our work really does contribute to matters of national importance. You will be joining a diverse group of bright, talented and passionate colleagues who are driven to make a difference.
We are seeking client-facing Managers to deliver our Connected Technology propositions on Digital and IT engagements, primarily in Aerospace & Defence, and to support KPMG’s growth in this market.
• Developing lasting client relationships, actively building a network and range of experience to help address senior client needs
• Providing compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
You will work with KPMG colleagues, clients and with C Level client resources to:
• Bring a technology perspective to a broad range of client issues, demonstrating how technology can be used to address problems and realise opportunities
• Manage the development and delivery of IT operating models that enable clients to get the most from their technology organisation
• Develop digital and technology strategies alongside client teams
• Provide credible advice to clients on how to operate IT in the most effective manner
• Collaborate across our other Connected Technology capabilities to improve and transform IT services for our clients
• Work with other teams across KPMG to provide support to clients as they undergo digital transformation
You will work within the Tech Strategy capability group and with the wider KPMG firm to:
• Identify emerging trends in the Aerospace & Defence market and develop products and services that KPMG can leverage within our client base
• Support the growth of our Tech Strategy capability through developing and supporting our people
• Contribute to innovative thought leadership on technology topics including digital transformation, technology strategy, digital operating models and delivering more effective and efficient technology services
• Champion how Tech Strategy can help our clients deliver more effectively and achieve their digital and technology ambitions
You will work as part of an engagement team in a leading capacity to deliver high quality products and outcomes to our clients and identify further opportunities to support them for the wider KPMG firm.
• Open-minded: anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
• Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals’ development needs and career aspirations
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
• Learns quickly, especially around the application of new technology
• A strategic thinker, able to see the bigger picture and join the dots in a complex landscape
• Is insightful in delivery; able to analyse areas of opportunity to identify a solution
• Knowledge and experience of Defence: understanding the context of how Defence works, how Defence outputs are delivered and how capability is generated
• Digital experience in at least 2 of the below:
- Developing technology strategies in complex environments, with a focus on leveraging digital and emerging technologies
- IT operating model design and implementation
- IT cost optimisation and efficiency
- Digital transformation at scale, such as Business Models, Culture change, User Experience and Business practices
- Agile delivery methodologies, particularly at scale in large organisations
• Tenacious, passionate and thorough in approach and style; able to adjust communication styles from C level to junior level
• Self-sufficient, with leadership experience managing teams and delivering technology programmes / projects
• Consulting experience with large organisations
• A passion for emerging technology and driving business value around Digital technology areas such as Platforms, Integration, Data, User Experience
• Experienced in new technology delivery and ways of working (for example Agile, DevOps)
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process.
We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference.
Why Consulting at KPMG?
Working across a breadth of areas, from Strategy and People Operations through to Financial Transformation, Risk, Forensic and Technology, our aim is to add value right from day one. We do that by immersing ourselves in our clients’ organisations and thinking differently about how we can deliver the best possible outcomes. A career here means stretching your skills and honing your expertise by solving complex problems as part of a collaborative, results-driven and supportive team. Whether we’re helping our clients to reduce their costs, make better decisions, improve efficiencies or deploy the latest technologies, we bring together broad specialisms and talents to deliver robust, connected solutions.Read about Consulting
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
IT Strategy & Effectiveness Manager
Technology, Strategy & Effectiveness - Assistant Manager
Manager - Tech - Integration & Separation
Assistant Manager - Tech - Integration & Separation
KPE Technology Strategy Manager
Manager - Energy Transition Strategy