Programme Assurance Assistant Manager - Technology Risk - FS
Experience Level: Associate/Assistant Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Connected Technology
The FS team within Technology Risk Consulting services national and international FS clients including all sectors i.e banks, insurance companies and wealth management. Our engagements often take place in an international context which, subject to Covid-19 restrictions, requires us to provide services across the globe, often in close cooperation with other KPMG offices.
Within this team a key objective is to grow our capability to provide Independent Programme Assurance (IPA) services to our clients. This service delivers value by providing an independent review and challenge in relation to IT enabled Transformation and change programmes and by providing constructive challenge to client management concerning the various risks to the delivery of the full business value of programmes. This can include specific reviews of key programme areas including Business Case, Programme Governance, Programme Planning, Programme Management, Risk/Issue Management, Change and Communications and Configuration Management.
Typical activities include:
• Responsibility for quality, value add and timely delivery of the overall output from client engagements
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables
• Building and managing excellent client relationships (typically at CIO / CFO/ Project Sponsor level)
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations
• Coaching and developing team members on engagements
Frequently our clients seek our support to help them keep their large change programmes and projects on track. Our help is often termed ‘Independent Programme Assurance’, as it seeks to provide client leadership with our independent view/ assurance on what is going well and what needs adjustment in their change/ IT programmes.
This service delivers value by providing independent feedback and constructive challenge to client management concerning the various risks to the delivery of the full business value of programmes. Our engagements are very varied and can range from specific risk based review (for example Testing, Configuration Management, Business Change) to ongoing assurance on a strategic programme for a number of years. Our work may be commissioned directly by the client (usually by the Programme Executive Sponsor or Director) or through an assurance channel such as Internal or External Audit.
As an Assistant Manager within the team, in addition to delivery of client work and day to day support in management of teams, you will support the growth of IPA service line within Technology Risk through assisting with business development (sales), account management, solution development and team development, as requested.
- Delivery of excellent client engagements – specifically in attending and contributing in client meetings and interviews, document review and support in engagement logistics, client fieldwork, research, issue capture and analysis,
Sales – actively identifying and communicating business development opportunities that arise during an IPA engagement, as well as supporting sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client proposals covering IPA services.
- Sales – supporting sales and marketing initiatives to protect and grow our credentials and presence in the marketplace.
- Account management – supporting the IPA management team in managing relationships at key accounts, expanding relationships through identifying incremental revenue and client service team participation.
- Service development – ownership and management of our IPA collateral database and knowledge sharing sites. Support to organisation and running of IPA team meetings.
- Training – assist in the development and delivery of training materials for IPA Foundation and Practitioner courses. Initial attendance at both courses will be required.
- Team development - coaching and developing more junior team members on IPA methodology and tools. - Delivery of value-added technology risk consulting and assurance services to Financial Services clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience of supporting technology risk services and IT audit / assurance services, possibly in a PMO context
- Experience of big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment, within a relevant market is advantageous
- Degree/ Masters or equivalent qualification
- Project management qualification (Prince 2, MSP, PMI, PPM) would be advantageous
Experience and Background:
- Experience of working in large IT enabled change programmes, or significant workstreams in programmes e.g. design, testing and/ or delivery of assurance reviews of such programmes
- Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within relevant markets
- Experience of core systems - including transaction processing and financial ledger systems
- Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships
- Ability to deliver required work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
- Experience in business development and sales and marketing activities would be advantageous.
- Experience of contributing to developing and implementing solutions, products or services.
Why Consulting at KPMG?
Working across a breadth of areas, from Strategy and People Operations through to Financial Transformation, Risk, Forensic and Technology, our aim is to add value right from day one. We do that by immersing ourselves in our clients’ organisations and thinking differently about how we can deliver the best possible outcomes. A career here means stretching your skills and honing your expertise by solving complex problems as part of a collaborative, results-driven and supportive team. Whether we’re helping our clients to reduce their costs, make better decisions, improve efficiencies or deploy the latest technologies, we bring together broad specialisms and talents to deliver robust, connected solutions.Read about Consulting
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Third Party Risk Assistant Manager - Technology Risk - FS
Transformation Assurance Senior Manager - FS Tech Risk
Third Party Risk Assistant Manager - Technology Risk - FS
Manager - FS Assurance
Senior Manager- FS Assurance
Third Party Risk Analyst- Technology Risk - FS