Restructuring Manager, Insolvency
Capability: Deal Advisory
Capability: Deal Advisory
Experience Level: Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Restructuring
Apply for role
The Insolvency Restructuring team [in London] are looking for a Manager to join their team. We are looking for an individual to work alongside colleagues in the Core Insolvency team which is responsible for providing insolvency and contingency planning advice in large, complex situations often involving multi-jurisdictional advice.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder advisory work, typically linked to providing advice around distressed businesses and supporting restructuring via the use of insolvency procedures as well as undertaking formal insolvency work for typically large and complex institutions.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations, and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit an individual’s base location, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required. The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Role and Responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within Restructuring you will need to undertake the following:
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types;
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders);
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices;
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff;
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams;
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes;
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities;
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Qualifications and Skills
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or background in the Restructuring profession;
• Some corporate insolvency experience beneficial, and ideally an insolvency licence / JIEB qualification (or an intention to commence this qualification) although this is not a requirement;
• Desire to build wide insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings;
Experience and Background
• Demonstrable experience in managing own work streams, within the Restructuring and Insolvency space;
• Strong commercial and business acumen;
• Ability to work innovatively with a track record of being able to ‘self-start’ whilst also capable of effective delegation to teams of colleagues;
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with;
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel;
• A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work including development and mentoring of junior team members;
• Drive and enthusiasm.
Why Deal Advisory at KPMG?
We partner with our clients to give them the confidence to make key decisions for their business. It’s all about blending our deep sector expertise with our execution skills. Whilst we operate within a robust framework, we’ll ensure you have the autonomy you need to shape the strategies behind our clients’ decisions and help influence their successes. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a collaborative mentality. You’ll be keen to share ideas and build relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders alike. You’ll also welcome different perspectives and be happy to share your own. This is your opportunity to become one of our trusted advisors and to have the resources you need to achieve everything you want in your career.Read about Deal Advisory
In Restructuring, we help clients to address the complex challenges that might lead them to underperform or threaten their survival. Engaged by a wide range of stakeholders, our clients include corporates, major banks, law firms, hedge funds, lenders, and public sector organisations. Our work falls into two categories: Advisory and Insolvency.Read about Restructuring
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Restructuring Senior Administrator
Restructuring Manager, Insolvency
Restructuring Associate Director, Insolvency
Manager - Restructuring - North
Manager - Restructuring - Special Situations Group
Restructuring Manager - KProgression - London/Reading