Senior Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Audit
Apply for role
The Accounting Consultation team
provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in
KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with
practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit
teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into
investment and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most
technical accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter
expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and
structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive
best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit
- Provide high quality and
practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG
UK’s national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus
on financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong
project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that
attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory
engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support
is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant
managers who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and
under guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular
interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting
policy and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions
to the audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain
industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities
including global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller
private banks. Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on
financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis
of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in
provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or
Professional qualification: ACA,
ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting
standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial
Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102
sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the
written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an
ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting
Ability to motivate a team and lead
Why Audit at KPMG?
Audit is at the core of KPMG. With a global team of over 4,000 people, as of May 2017 we serve more listed companies than any other professional services firm. Here in the UK, we serve thousands of clients – from some of the largest multi nationals and best-known brands to public bodies and individual entrepreneurs. Joining us is an opportunity to get to grips with different types of organisations, gain new insights and truly advance your professional skill-set.Read about Audit
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Audit Senior Manager - Banking
ACE - Senior Manager, DPP Accounting & Reporting
Audit Senior Manager - Insurance
Audit Manager - Banking
Audit Senior Manager - Manchester