Senior Manager- FS Assurance
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Audit
• Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of allocated assurance projects on Financial Services clients in accordance with ISAE 3000 and the firm’s quality standards
• Managing a portfolio of complex clients across multiple sectors, maintaining contact with the client and members of the client delivery team
• Managing and mentoring managers, assistant managers and trainees.
• Planning and performing effective assurance procedures and overseeing the delegation of work across the team and the involvement of subject matter experts
• Reviewing assurance work, exercising professional scepticism
• Preparing assurance opinions, issues logs and management reports, agreeing assurance findings with the Engagement Leader and the client
• Managing engagement budgets, profitability and any fee overruns
• Responsible for developing and improving the standardised FS Assurance work programmes
• Responsible for resolving complex assurance issues through consultation or escalation as appropriate.
Owning and strengthening key client relationships where leading FS Assurance engagements and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
• Developing new business networks, both externally and within KPMG.
• Taking a leading role in driving our overall FS Assurance business growth objectives.
• Supporting the team in business development initiatives and managing the sales pipeline
• Taking ownership for key parts of our business plan, including internal/external marketing and financial forecasting/analysis.
Qualifications and Skills (SM)
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for Banking, Asset Management and/or Insurance.
- Familiarity with the role of key functions in Banking, Asset Management and/or Insurance.
- Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting Financial Services clients. Subject matter expertise in areas such as UK Stewardship Code, ESG or regulatory (capital and liquidity) reporting may be advantageous.
- Experience (minimum 6 years) in a related field, including experience of delivering assurance engagements for global FTSE 100 clients
- A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution
- Relevant financial qualifications may include CFA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Significant risk management experience at Senior Manager level
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Strong presentation skills and the confidence to facilitate meetings and interviews both internally and externally
- Outstanding communication and reporting writing skills and ability to influence and deal with senior stakeholders
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/ PowerPoint
Why Audit at KPMG?
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world’s biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you’ll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive. We want to lead the conversation when it comes to shaping the future of the profession. And given the scale and variety of our audit engagements in both the UK and globally, we are well placed to create change. If you share our commitment to achieving excellence and working to the highest audit standards, are a natural collaborator who values different perspectives and relishes the opportunity to develop and progress - then KPMG could be the place where you can thrive.Read about Audit
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Assistant Manager - FS Assurance
Manager - FS Assurance
Manager - Investigations & Compliance - FS Forensic
Programme Assurance Assistant Manager - Technology Risk - FS
Senior Manager - Finance Transformation (FS Insurance)
IPA Senior Manager - FS Tech Risk