Senior Manager, Operations - Supply Chain
Capability: Management Consulting
Capability: Management Consulting
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Either Full Time Or Part Time
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Our Supply Chain Operations team of approximately 90 consultants are seeking experienced consultants and industry professionals to grow and develop our capability. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients’ commercial problems.
Within the Private Sector we work with many blue chip companies, including a number of FTSE 100 Clients and many regional based Clients, delivering improvements in their Supply Chain capability and how it aligns to the wider business, which is integral to their overall profitability.
Within the Public Sector we work with clients across Government, Defence, Police, NHS and Higher Education. We help them to meet challenging Government targets to deliver frontline services more effectively.
The key services are outlined below:
Digital Supply Chain
• Assessing, designing or implementing solutions which digitise the supply chain e.g.Omnichannel solutions in Retail, Consumer Goods or Telco
• Control Towers e.g. for Supply Planning, 4PL, Supply Chain Visibility
• SC Visibility solutions across the extended enterprise e.g. into customers and suppliers.
Supply Chain Analytics
• Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and should cost modelling
• Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
• Providing insight on the supply chain technology market across the value chain (plan, buy, make, sell, deliver)
Supply Chain Transformation
• Assessment of a client’s existing capabilities in the supply chain against leading practice
• Identifying improvement areas across people, process and technology
• Developing Supply Chain Strategy and business alignment
• Defining new operating models that enhance supply chain value creation and return on investment
• Designing improvements in Procurement capability including through the introduction of leading practice processes, organisation redesign, technology and cultural change
• Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Supply Chain that leverages cloud based tools, advanced analytics, robotics process automation and AI solutions to optimise planning or execution of core supply chain processes (e.g. demand planning, supply planning, logistics management)
• Building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
• Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
A Senior Manager will be responsible for leading consulting work as part of a team, both alongside colleagues and clients, on complex commercial or transformational engagements
As well as leading teams to deliver these solutions, Senior Managers are also expected to lead practice development by developing and bringing to fruition new solutions, be actively engaged in driving new business development activity, provide a broad contribution to development of the overall team and input ideas to the management team.
Role & Responsibilities
• Primary focus on leading and delivering large, complex and transformational client facing programmes
• Forming and leading cross-functional project teams to deliver exceptional client outcomes on time, within budget and tailored to client requirements and expectations
• Establish and maintain relationships with clients with prospect to identify future opportunities
• Support clients on how new supply chain trends can impact their business (e.g. digital), and how they can adopt new technologies and ways of working to improve their operations and teams
• Partnering across KPMG to identify and deliver connected consulting opportunities
• Ownership and development of key strategical supply chain propositions
• Performance management, development and mentoring UK supply chain team
• Ownership and development of key supply chain services propositions
Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time and will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
The role will be based in Canary Wharf, London.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Supply Chain Manager with a proven delivery record and senior leadership experience to lead complex commercial or transformational engagements for KPMG clients
• Prior consulting experience within supply chain / operations consulting
• Digital supply chain expertise
• Advanced supply chain analytics knowledge
• Expert understanding of supply chain processes – including: demand planning, supply planning, logistics management, Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
• Experience leading multiple, large, complex supply chain transformation programmes
• Experience communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems to a range of audience types including c-suite stakeholders
• Knowledge of financial business cases for change and rolling out cost restructuring initiatives
• Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
• Experience of managing project plans, internal processes and budgets
The following experience would be of additional value:
• Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company or central Government experience
• Experience in using data visualization and data analytics tools to support decision making;
• Familiarity with agile principles and project management methodology e.g. Scrum
• Extensive knowledge of the current supply chain technology market
• Project management and high quality delivery.
• Leadership and relationship building.
• Drive and resilience
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others.
• Stakeholder management and political navigation
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to rapidly identify issues and propose solutions, supported by data and analysis.
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Extensive sales experience
• Excellent commercial acumen and business context.
• Broad consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, data gathering, process mapping and analysis.
• Security clearance BPSS / SC are a plus
• Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent. Postgraduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CIPS/CILT) is advantageous.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Senior Manager, Operations - Ethical & Environmental Supply Chain
Senior Manager, Operations - Procurement
Cyber Security Senior Manager – Strategy & Governance, FS
FS Insurance Tax Senior Manager
Senior Manager - Commercial Law, London
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting