Senior Manager – People Consulting, Transport and Infrastructure
Capability: Management Consulting
Capability: Management Consulting
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Either Full Time Or Part Time
Service Line: People Consulting
Base location is flexible across main regional offices; Birmingham, Bristol, Manachester, and Leeds. Travel is typically an essential part of the role, subject to government travel restrictions and client requirements.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business.
We are growing our People Consulting team in transport and infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals to join our team and help shape, plan and deliver transformations in the UK’s largest transport and infrastructure organisations.
We are looking for people that can bring practical experience, industry knowledge and the appetite to make a difference to KPMG and our clients. You might not be a career consultant. But you will be able to show that you can build strong relationships, solve problems, deliver outputs that make a difference and build great teams.
Above all, you will be able to demonstrate how you can live our KPMG values:
- Integrity: We do what is right.
- Excellence: We never stop learning and improving.
- Courage: We think and act boldly.
- Together: We respect each other and draw strength from our differences.
- For Better: We do what matters.
The role sits in our People Consulting team in Infrastructure, Governance & Healthcare.
We are seeking individuals with demonstrable experience of leading people-focused delivery on large-scale transformation engagements in transport and/or infrastructure sectors.
Specific skills might include:
- target operating model design;
- change management;
- organisation design;
- culture change;
- customer experience;
- capability development;
- HR transformation.
This role sits at Senior Manager level. At this level you will:
- Lead teams (including matrix and virtual teams) to deliver high quality client engagements – this will typically be between 75%-80% of your time
- Provide clients with transformation advice and work closely with client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes;
- Work with our directors and partners to manage profitability and revenue on those client engagements;
- Work with our directors and partners to grow the business, for example by sharing expertise, working with colleagues to develop client relationships or contributing to thought leadership articles;
- Contribute to developing KPMG, for example leading internal initiatives to build industry or technical expertise;
- Coaching and developing team members and acting as a performance manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to quickly build good working relationships with KPMG colleagues and client teams.
- Be credible with senior level transport and infrastructure clients on people-focused transformation.
- Be outcome focused, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Have strong project management skills to deliver large or complex pieces of work to time, quality and to budget; with the commercial and financial skills to monitor and manage profitability;
- Be able to understand, adhere to and promote KPMG’s quality and risk management standards;
- Lead by example ensuring client needs, expectations and agenda remain at the forefront of our work.
In exchange, we will give you the opportunity to:
- Rapidly develop your career by becoming part of a high performing and growing team and working closely with leadership in our transport and infrastructure team;
- Accelerate your personal development through varied and exciting client opportunities coupled with world class learning and development;
- Work with colleagues across the firm on teams that bring together multiple areas of expertise to deliver client solutions – you could work with a team comprised of colleagues with expertise in data analytics, cloud platforms, customer experience, digital strategy, customer experience, or RPA and AI; and Develop yourself as a consultant, manager and leader.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Senior Manager - People Consulting IGH - London/Regional
Assistant Manager – Financial Consulting – Transport Advisory Services
Manager – People Consulting - Financial Services
Manager – Financial Services People Consulting - HR Transformation
Assistant Manager- People Consulting (Learning)
Manager – Financial Services People Consulting (Learning)