Senior Manager - Real Estate
Experience Level: Senior Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Audit
The Real Estate Valuation Centre of Excellence (REVCoE) comprises a team of Chartered Surveyors and RICS Registered Valuers based across the UK with representation in London, Manchester and Leeds. The team provides assurance on real estate valuations provided for inclusion within company accounts. The team is seeking a valuation expert to support audit teams at Senior Manager level. The role is within Delivery Solutions Group (DSG) which is part of the Audit function.
Roles and responsibilities
• To work closely with audit teams across the UK to review valuations and supporting information provided by their audited entities.
• To help audit teams to robustly challenge management’s key assumptions and judgements with an appropriate level of professional scepticism.
• Attend and chair external meetings and conference calls between audit teams, clients and their advisors.
• To deliver a report concluding whether the values proposed are reasonable highlighting any areas of risk.
• Provide support on tenders and proposals for new Audit engagements where valuation expertise is required including attending and potentially presenting at formal pitches as necessary.
• Assist the team in sharing market and technical knowledge by delivering training and presentations to the audit teams on real estate matters.
• Help REVCoE to deliver the business plan by providing specialist valuation expertise to help the Audit function deliver on its audit quality goals.
Qualifications and skills
• Candidates should be experienced valuers with MRICS qualification and RICS Registered Valuer status.
• Candidates should have a good understanding of the RICS Valuation – Professional Standards and their implication for valuations.
• Have a strong background in the valuation of operational real estate including but not limited to hotels, care homes and public houses.
• Sound knowledge of valuation of the main commercial sectors (office, industrial, retail) including student accommodation and PRS/BTR.
• Knowledge of valuations for tax purposes (CGT) would be beneficial.
• Strong valuation skills and experience of using Argus ValCap, Argus Enterprise and Argus Developer.
• Good knowledge of methodological approaches and technical issues involved in the valuation process including development appraisals.
• A good knowledge of property “general practice” matters including leases, legal titles, environmental and construction issues and their impact on value.
• Ability to understand and analyse property valuations \\ development appraisals \\ cash flows using input from your own research and contacts.
• Ability to build strong relationships whilst working within a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work on and deliver several projects concurrently.
• Exceptional communication skills with a well-developed ability to write concise reports along with the ability to discuss \\ present any property matters to the audit team and clients when required.
• Diligence, with an eye for forensically analysing reports, valuations and data.
• Good Microsoft Excel skills.
Why Audit at KPMG?
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world’s biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you’ll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive. We want to lead the conversation when it comes to shaping the future of the profession. And given the scale and variety of our audit engagements in both the UK and globally, we are well placed to create change. If you share our commitment to achieving excellence and working to the highest audit standards, are a natural collaborator who values different perspectives and relishes the opportunity to develop and progress - then KPMG could be the place where you can thrive.Read about Audit
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Senior Tax Manager - Real Estate
Senior Tax Manager - Real Estate
Real Estate Tax Assistant Manager
Audit Manager - Real Estate Asset Management, London
Audit Assistant Manager - Real Estate Asset Management, London
Tax Manager - Real Estate, Financial Services, London