Tax Assistant Manager – GMS Technology (FS) London
Experience Level: Associate/Assistant Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: People Services
KPMG’s People Services practice is a multi-disciplined group that provides tax compliance and advisory services to individuals and companies. The Global Mobility Services (GMS) group helps clients in relation to their international assignment and business traveller programmes.
Service Line Information
KPMG's Global Mobility Services (GMS) practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve some of the biggest names, with high-profile engagements touching every corner of the world. Our GMS engagement teams are put together to provide a complete service to our clients, with tax technical, client development and client-facing responsibilities as part of each successful candidates remit. The candidate will be ready for early assumption of responsibilities and close, regular contact with both the managers and our dynamic partner and director group.
Advancements in technology are rapidly changing the way companies do business globally and how employers are interacting with their employees. The GMS Technology team comprises both IT and Tax professionals who work extensively with our Tax & People Services business teams and stakeholders at all levels. We develop, implement and support technology that assists employers and employees in relation to international assignments and business travel. Our technology is web-based and mobile. We are looking for individuals that understand the business needs of our clients and can help develop and deliver the next generation of our technology and a digital future for our global mobility services.
Your role would be varied and interactive from day one. You will be involved in implementing and running technology for clients from day one. Working as part of a team, you will gather client requirements and translate these into working solutions. Along the way you will work directly with developers and client customers in Tax, HR and Global Mobility. Throughout, you’ll also work with a wide variety of people at KPMG – from Graduates to Partners. You’ll have access to a wealth of industry expertise and knowledge, allowing you to develop and build your own skills and experience
We are looking for an Assistant Manager with a keen interest and aptitude for technology that can apply their skills and knowledge in practical situations. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients in Tax, HR and Global Mobility to understand and advise on tax technical aspects of tax software implementation.
- Feeding into product design and process workflow within tools, bringing a tax technical aspect to tool development.
- Project management of client processes where KPMG are assisting as technical experts.
- Gathering and produce tax/technical requirements to a high degree of specification
- Assist in providing demonstrations and marketing of tools to existing and prospective clients on all application
- Financial management, including budgeting, raising client invoices and chasing payments
- Management of scope and an ability to identify where requests are out of scope
- Assist with all client queries related to our tools
- Involvement in business development/proposals
- Assist in analysis, testing and review of tax updates in our tools.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationship with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Have excellent problem solving, analytical, people and organisational skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manipulate large volumes of data
- Dynamic and flexible individual that adapts well to change
- Comfortable working as part of a global team
- Shows perseverance when faced with challenging situations but can remain focussed and motivated when dealing with routine tasks
- Confidence to question and challenge client needs
- Pro-active in following up and managing expectations effectively, prioritising tasks where needed
- Appreciation of the commercial environment we are working in
- Experience in assisting with coaching and developing junior staff
The following skills are not essential but would be an advantage:
• Experience in systems, business analysis or project management
• Have knowledge or experience in employment taxes, business travellers; or in a tax or similar advisory role with a keen interest in technology
• Any experience working on Tax, HR or Travel Management systems
• Any experience in tax consulting, working towards professional tax / accounting qualifications or a keen interest in this area
• Knowledge of any of the following a plus: MS Access, MS Excel (advanced), MS Project, MS Visio, Jira.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Tax Assistant Manager – GMS, Corporates
Tax Assistant - GMS Japanese Team, Corps, London
Tax Manager – GMS, Corporates
Tax Assistant Manager - Global Mobility Services, FS, London
Tax Manager - People Services , GMS, London
Assistant Manager - Employment Tax, FS, London