Tax Assistant Manager - Public Sector, NM, Flexible Location
Experience Level: Associate/Assistant Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
The London Region Infrastructure, Government, and Healthcare IGH tax team is a fast-growing part of the KPMG tax practice and sits within the national IGH part of KPMG’s business. This current vacancy is for an Assistant Manager. The role as advertised as a London based role, however given flexible working we are open to candidates based around the UK.
We are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track record who are seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment within a strong supportive leadership and management team. The marketplace is diverse with a client base of Housing Associations, Charities, Universities, and Government, often working with their portfolio corporate groups. With increasing cross over between the not for profit housing sector and traditional Real Estate the role might suit a candidate with a Real Estate background who wanted to do something slightly different. Or a charity specialist wanting to broaden their skills.
The successful candidate will be able to build strong relationships, develop and continue to build successful teams, provide excellent client service and identify business development opportunities.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people: their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy, to our diversity and inclusion targets – we are making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The London Region team successfully operates in the local market, working with a diverse client base. The team forms part of the wider London Region team which consists of 5 offices: Cambridge, Watford, London, Gatwick and MK. We work predominantly within our local teams but also work really well across office teams too. As part of the IGH team you will also have the opportunity to work with National teams too.
Flexible working has always been part of our culture so the move to a more hybrid world is nothing new to us.
- Be market facing with allocated clients and target organisations.
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery.
- Being a leader within the team for personal growth and development.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and identifying leads for new work.
- Liaising with the client service team and with colleagues in other tax disciplines as well as the audit and accounting. discipline to provide a co-ordinated service to the client.
- Actively promote team and personal profile to internal networks in order to promote collaboration and increase internal leads.
- Being involved in business development and proposal activity.
- Identify key client issues that represent opportunities for other KPMG teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong educational background with a bachelors degree or equivalent
- ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and accounting knowledge.
Note: where CT experience is achieved in absence of qualifications, please do consider applying.
There will be a preference for IGH experience however, if the candidate has good tax experience, IGH experience is not necessary but a understanding and interest of the sector will be expected.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Display technical strength in our specialist markets above.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in a respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
- Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems.
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
With offices across the UK, we are part of a global network of firms providing Audit, Tax & Law, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology Services to diverse clients.About KPMG
They provide us with a strong sense of identity, ensuring we can grow stronger. They bind us together, across our different backgrounds and cultures, and are common to each of us. Explore more about why Our Values matter.Read more
From role sharing and flexible start and finish times to home working, we'll try and support the flexible work patterns that best suit you.Read more
Committed to inclusion
We want you to bring your full self to work - to make this a place where people from every background thrive.Read more
Supporting work returners
We welcome applications from people who have taken a career break.Read more
Applying with a disability
We're a member of the Business Disability Forum so please get in touch if you'd like to discuss any adjustments that you might need in the application process - and if you are successful beyond this.Read more
Our agency policy
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies - you can see our policy on agencies here:Read more
Similar vacancies you might be interested in
Tax Assistant Manager - AARTS - NM, Flexible on Location
Newcastle upon Tyne
Assistant Manager, Reward - Location Flexible
Tax Assistant Manager - Corporate Tax, Insurance, Location Flexible
Tax Manager - R&D Tax, Location Flexible
Assistant Tax Manager, Employment Tax, NM, South
Tax Assistant Manager - R&D Tax, Location Flexible