Who We Are: Being Inclusive
Everyone brings a unique perspective. So whoever you are and however you got here, we’ll recognise your contribution is one of a kind. Our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths.
Our leadership understands that KPMG has a responsibility to set standards with regards to inclusivity. That’s why we’re working towards a partnership culture where inclusion is the norm and everyone throughout the firm sees good examples of inclusive leadership every day.
We work to embody the spirit of inclusivity by:
- Recruiting and rewarding our people based on merit, irrespective of difference and background, in a fair and consistent way
- Embracing an ‘intelligent working’ culture and policy
- Providing support to our employees though our many Employee Networks
- Offering a wide range of support options for parental leave, both before and after, including workshops for returners and access to emergency childcare
- Providing role models and mentors for those who wish for guidance, including our flagship programme for mid-career women
- Encouraging our staff to celebrate diverse events, including Chinese New Year, International Women’s Day, London Pride, Ramadan and Black History Month, among other events
- Sharing best practice with organisations such as Race for Opportunity, Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Working Families
Our efforts in pursuit of a truly inclusive and diverse environment are recognised externally and are often innovative and award-winning. Please see Our Awards page if you would like to know more.
Inclusion helps everyone at KPMG achieve extraordinary things together
At KPMG in the UK we aim to create a fully inclusive environment. We believe this enables teams and individuals to make the most of their unique skills and ideas – and helps us achieve our goal of being the clear choice for our clients.
We want to attract, retain and grow diverse talent at all levels. To achieve this and help build more diverse teams that truly represent the society in which we work, we’ve set ambitious targets on gender, sexual orientation, disability and ethnicity. Ultimately, to create an environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Inclusion & Diversity team also works to embed inclusion into our behaviours, people processes and culture. Our vision is to build KPMG as somewhere all our people can feel confident being themselves:
Our clients see a difference in us because we are committed to offering solutions that maximise thought diversity, and we gladly collaborate with them to enable them to access the same levels of diversity by sharing our knowledge on best practice in Inclusion & Diversity.
The public trusts us because we are recognised thought leaders in Inclusion & Diversity. We support the government and all the communities we are a part of in Inclusion & Diversity best practice and innovation.