Who we are: Work Life Balance
We have high expectations of our people and they are right to demand great things of us too. They expect competitive rewards, the opportunity to reach their full potential, the ability to progress in their careers and to work in a respectful environment that reflects the rich diversity of the world around them.
Here at KPMG we realise that working hard doesn’t mean you can’t also have a successful and rewarding personal life. We offer a flexible working arrangement (FWA) which allows people to make their own choices about how they work. We realise that everyone is different and people’s needs change on a regular basis, therefore we offer a range of options to help suit your needs best. Any employee, at any grade, and in any part of KPMG can apply to work flexibly.
The following are the Flexible Working Arrangements which KPMG supports:
- Part-time working
- Job sharing: where two employees share the duties and responsibilities of one full-time job
- Glide Time: Glide time means working core hours (10:00am to 4:00pm) but starting work between 8:00-10:00am and finishing between 4:00-6:00pm.
- Additional Holiday Purchase: Additional holiday purchase (AHP) allows individuals the opportunity to purchase up to a maximum of 35 days additional holiday per annum (over and above normal holiday entitlement and Flextra buy-up of ten days).
- Unpaid Leave: where you choose to take up to three months off work, without pay.
- Career Breaks: an opportunity to take an unpaid break from work of between three months and three years to pursue activities outside work.
- Home working: working from home for one day or more every week.
- Annualised Days: a form of part time working, based on a set number of days during the year.
We encourage the business to be creative in offering flexible working. For example, the business unit that completes tax returns has a team of people who agree the number of returns they will process each week; they then complete them at home, working hours to suit themselves.
We’re pleased to support flexible working and a healthy work-life balance here at KPMG as we know that it’s good for you and good for the business too!