Everybody has their own unique circumstances. We’ll try hard to accommodate yours, creating a schedule that works for you. That’s true for any employee, at any grade, in any part of KPMG in the UK.
It’s called Intelligent Working. That means considering any working schedule that’s outside the traditional working pattern, focusing on outcomes rather than time spent at work. The aim is to achieve the right balance for everyone, enabling us to help our people build their careers without sacrificing their personal priorities. It’s all about focusing on outcomes and trusting our people to do the right thing for themselves and our firm.
We support the following arrangements:
- Part-time working
- Job sharing, in which two employees share the duties and responsibilities of one full-time job
- Glide time, which means working core hours (10:00am to 4:00pm) but starting work between 8:00am and 10:00am and finishing between 4:00pm and 6:00pm
- The opportunity to purchase up to 35 days holiday per year
- Unpaid leave, in which you can choose to take up to three months off work without pay
- Opportunities to take an unpaid career break from work of between three months and three years
- Working from home for one or more days per week
- Annualised days – a form of part-time working, based on a set number of days during the year.
We’re happy to consider any working arrangement that allows you the work-life balance you want, providing you can fulfil your commitments.
Intelligent Working stories from colleagues
Meet Mark, a Manager in Technology & Engineering
"An attraction for me was the fact I've got two young children, a four year old and a five month old, and there's a lot of flexibility here. I can work from home a couple of days a week, for example."
Meet Nana, a Senior Manager in Audit, Pensions Centre of Excellence
"I actually joined under the Return to Audit programme. Whoever thought of that, needs to be congratulated, because they thought of everything that worried me. Can I work flexibly? Will I come in at the same level where I left off? I read about the role and I thought, 'I can't believe this!' It's perfect."
Meet Chris, a Director in Technology & Engineering
"I'm a parent and I've got a two-year-old daughter at home, and that is the best thing that's ever happened to me to be honest."