I'm looking for
Search results for "Technology"
Lead DevOps Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Within KPMG's Technology service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our client’s infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote working across the UK with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
• Build and Run cloud infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Manage and mentor your own team of engineers
• Automate like your life depends on it. Keep out of the portal, and where possible build infrastructure with Terraform or other IaC tools
• Run sprints and help prioritise your team’s workload. Jump between helping your team solve problems, to diving into your editor of choice to fix a bug or extend a library
• Manage relationships with clients to become a trusted delivery partner
• Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of
• GTD – Get things done. Use the DevOps culture to bring capabilities together and ship projects
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts
• Enjoy yourself. Maintain and cultivate the culture of your team
• Proven experience managing a team of engineers and being responsible for delivering projects
• Ability to switch between talking technical to other DevOps engineers, to explaining the business benefits of containers to non-technical business partners
• Proven experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration
• Hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Build it run it, take ownership of your code and infrastructure
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance.
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours and locations
• Access to regular training opportunities, attending conferences and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday