I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Graduate Audit ACA / CA - Empowered Cardiff Autumn 2020
Service Line: Audit ACA / CA - Empowered
FS Audit Senior Manager (Cardiff/Bristol)
Service Line: Audit
- Programme Length:
- 3 years
- ACA or CA (Scotland)
- Entry Requirements:
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements (*or equivalents)
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 300 UCAS* tariff points
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
Please note, we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-Level grades and do not accept General Studies.
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside a number of other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG.
- Key Skills:
Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths.
To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for in our graduates at KPMG.
Learn more about what we look for and how to apply here.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of Financial Services firms from sectors such as insurance, banking, building societies and investment management. The team is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
Our Cardiff office is next to the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff Bay and has glorious views across the bay with parking facilities available for the use of staff. As a smaller office, it mixes the benefits of working for a Global Organisation with a small office feel, with staff working closely with each other across all departments.
We are currently looking for qualified Accountants at Senior Manager level to join our Financial Services Audit department in Cardiff or Bristol during a significant period of growth.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile Financial Services clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required.
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters.
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry insurance and Investment Management audits.
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work.
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team.
- Be part of the Investment Management or Insurance department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives.
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential .
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Experience & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Recent and extensive financial statement audit experience within the Financial Services sector
- Recent and extensive external audit experience at Senior Manager level in the Financial Services (Banking/ Insurance/ Investment Management) sector.
- Recent demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Financial Services expertise
- Experience working on tenders
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.