KPMG Business Services: Procurement
With a third-party spend in excess of £400m and thousands of suppliers, the Procurement team have a significant role to play in supporting our client teams and key business areas with negotiating and leveraging the full value from its supplier relationships. In order to do this we have procurement experts that understand our supply markets, the strategic drivers and business objectives of our internal clients and our risk appetite.
We encourage innovative and creative thinking and in return allow you to develop and grow and get involved in a wide and varied portfolio of procurement activity. Our work spans the routine right through to transformational change projects with Executive Committee sponsorship.
Our key spend areas are:
- HR (including recruitment, L&D and staff benefits)
- Professional Services (including legal services, financial services, insurance and consultancy)
- Travel (including air, hotels and ground transportation)
- Marketing (including creative agencies and hospitality)
- Facilities (including catering, vending, security, cleaning, construction and fit-outs)
- IT Services (hardware, software, telco and managed services).
In order to be successful we offer our team development opportunities that allow them to become Procurement experts with strong negotiation skills, a sound understanding of contractual legal terms and an ability to build solid business relationships.
With increasing pressure on the firm’s margins and profitability our relevance to the business could not be more pronounced; for every £1m saved the firm needs to generate the equivalent of £3m in revenue in order to have the same bottom line impact.
To ensure that maximum benefit can be delivered from a leading practice approach, our team also includes the Supplier Management Centre of Excellence which supports the business with their commercial oversight of key supplier relationships. This ensures that the negotiated value is realised and through the contract lifecycle, improved value is harvested from these relationships.
Our Sustainable Procurement programme aligns with the firm’s ambition to be a responsible business and works with our strategic suppliers to drive our agenda across Environment, Social Mobility and Diversity. The aim is to work with suppliers who respect our values and help to make a real and positive impact on our communities.
Finally, we are the custodians of the firm’s travel activities. From policy and travel operations to sourcing and supplier management. Our number one priority is to keep our colleagues safe when travelling. To do this, we deliver a strong communications campaign around using the right tools to book travel, so we know where our people are when things go wrong and deliver the right support when this happens.
Working in procurement gives you:
- A wide range of transferable skills and experience
- The opportunity to gain a professional and internationally recognised qualification (CIPS)
- A challenging and fast pace environment
- Empowerment to drive innovative and creative solutions
- Opportunity to deliver tangible benefits and added value to the business
- Ability to engage and work with a number of internal stakeholder groups
- An environment to show your real potential
- The excitement of working in a dynamic and fun environment
- The opportunity to make a difference.
Join the KPMG Business Services team
Search and apply for current vacancies in the KPMG Business Services team across the UKView vacancies
The future changes everything, so change your future
Make your business stand out with digital transformation
“I would never have thought an organisation this size could have such a warm, supportive culture.”
Experienced Hire Recruiter, KPMG Business Services in Manchester