I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Senior Manager - Innovation, reliefs and Incentives (IRI) Team
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Apprenticeships Audit - Apprenticeship Programme Edinburgh Autumn 2020
Service Line: Audit - Apprenticeship Programme
Manager - Financial Services Audit - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Audit
Our IRI team is looking for a Senior Manager with experience of preparing claims. The role sits in our Financial Services performance group and works with the national IRI Tax practice to accelerate the growth of our business. You will be required to use your knowledge of IRI tax incentives to help our clients in make claims for IRI Tax relief across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. The role will may involve some travel to attend meetings at client sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of IRI claims.
- Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Deliver comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Science or technical degree to 2.1 level preferred.
- Experience of preparing IRI claims.
- Tax technical knowledge of the UK’s IRI tax incentives
- Broader knowledge of wider tax issues
- Experience in reviewing preparations and submissions of IRI tax relief claims
- Experience in dealing with and building relationships with senior employees within HMRC.
- Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team’s work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings incite and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
- Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
- Programme Length:
- 5 years
- You will work towards Level 7 ACA or CA qualification
- Entry Requirements:
Standard entry requirements - UK
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grades A*- C or 4 - 9 (inc. Maths and English Language)
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points* under the 2017 tariff point system (e.g. BCC at A Level or equivalent qualifications)
Standard entry requirements - Scotland
- Minimum of 5 National 5 qualifications at Grades 1-3 (inc. Maths and English, or equivalent)
- Minimum of 104 new UCAS tariff points at Higher/Advanced Higher Level
We only consider a candidate’s top 3 A-Level grades, and do not accept General Studies.
- Key Skills:
- Able to work collaboratively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- Take accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self-motivated and can organise own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements and projects
- Strives to continually improve
- Curious about businesses and enjoys working with data
- Forward-thinking and keen to learn and understand regulation
- Able to follow clear process in a regulated environment
We are currently looking for a qualified accountants at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Edinburgh.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent)
• Significant audit experience in Financial Services sector
• Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.